Suicides in oddball

Why are there so many people who purposely kill themselves in oddball? Every game I’m in has people sprinting into groups and not even fighting at all. My last game had my entire team and half of the enemies doing this. It gets annoying -_-

I only suicide in Oddball if I’m getting cornered by all my enemies and everybody in my team is camping on the other side of the map for no good reason. I’ll jump off the map with the ball.

I kind of expected this is what you would have been talking about when I saw the title. Why people are running into your enemies without doing anything … I don’t know. I cannot think of any reason other than stupidity.

Suicide is a legitimate last-ditch option - either jump off the map or at least throw the ball out of play, so you won;t be giving up possession so easy.

(Even better of course is to wait for the attacker to come around the corner, throw the ball so that they catch it straight away, this will often confuse them allowing you to notch up +1 carrier kill and get the ball back… doesn’t always work, of course)

The behaviour OP talks about… is it possible the ball carrier is trying to get ball kills? If they’re just standing there and letting themselves get killed then I’d start to suspect some party boosting is going on. Report them and switch lobbies.

2 types of suicide in odd-ball

The one which is tactical

And the one which is portrayed by people.

OP is talking about the one portrayed by people.
I believe he now knows why people do it. If he still doesn’t, it’s because those guys are bad.

Or limited.

People dont know can they throw only the ball?

> People dont know can they throw only the ball?

???

Well. when you’re cornered and your team is respawning it’s easier to throw the ball off the edge.

I’ve never suicided with the ball and I’ve never seen others do it. I will always, ALWAYS fight and die. As long as you have a pillar or box or any piece of hard terrain to play cat and mouse with, you can generally delay them and pick up a few ball kills. Smooth moves is a very satisfying medal.

Ball suicides are bad umkay?

> I’ve never suicided with the ball and I’ve never seen others do it. I will always, ALWAYS fight and die. As long as you have a pillar or box or any piece of hard terrain to play cat and mouse with, you can generally delay them and pick up a few ball kills. Smooth moves is a very satisfying medal.
>
> Ball suicides are bad umkay?

Yes, because people play Oddball to be honorable.

> The behaviour OP talks about… is it possible the ball carrier is trying to get ball kills? If they’re just standing there and letting themselves get killed then I’d start to suspect some party boosting is going on. Report them and switch lobbies.

I was thinking this as well.