Suicide point loss in team matches

One of the biggest things that tickes me off about multiplayer are the suiciders.

You know who they are, they are those jerks who join in a match for the sole intention of killing themselves over and over again just to annoy their teammates and cost them the match because each time they kill themselves the team loses a point.

The best way, IMO, is to remove the suicide point penalty at least for team based matches anyway. If they suicide in FFA matches, that’s on them. The only person they are hurting is themself and no one else.

But to have it in team matches, it gives the a**holes too much ground to be as such. So, I say cut off another avenue of jerkism and remove the suicide point loss penalty in team based matches. That way, if they keep killing themselves the only thing being affected is their K/D spread and not the team’s overall score.

there still remains the issue that your down a man constantly and no one else can join in because he’s hogging the spot on your team. I’d say after consistent suicides/betrayals he just gets the boot and put on a small ban from team based playlists

> there still remains the issue that your down a man constantly and no one else can join in because he’s hogging the spot on your team. I’d say after consistent suicides/betrayals he just gets the boot and put on a small ban from team based playlists

That would work too. Don’t let their suicides deduct from the team point pool and they get booted after a certain number of consecutive suicides.

I want betrayals to not count as a death to the betrayed. I want suicides to still count, and I’m sure that with JIP, quitting is fine and has no penalty.

And also, we should be able to “brand” a guy as a suicider (With a requirement of a certain amount of deaths so it cant be abused). This way, they would be at least banned.

> I want betrayals to not count as a death to the betrayed. I want suicides to still count, and I’m sure that with JIP, quitting is fine and has no penalty.
>
> And also, we should be able to “brand” a guy as a suicider (With a requirement of a certain amount of deaths so it cant be abused). This way, they would be at least banned.

Well, there are players who just plain suck and have high death counts and who died legitimately, at the hands of opponents.

To be branded a suicider it should be counted as deaths at their own hand. Example, if their deaths at their own hands is greater than their normal death count, they are flagged a suicider with something like an image of a little guy aiming a gun at his own head or something.

But, still, to allow suicides to reduce your team’s score still allows for a**holes to mess with games even if they can only kill themselves a certain number of times. Im cool with suicides penalizing FFA matches, but not team based ones.

War Games is supposed to be like a real Training Scenario so it’s canon and it should be like this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLopbgNVbAI
I don’t how many times I’ve killed a guy and my shields were down pretty good after I killed them and then the teammate who was also going after the enemy I killed comes over and pummels me and it says the enemy I killed Killed me from the grave on Reach.

What annoys me is that I’ll die on accident, and lose a point. Especially in HALO 4 because the level design is an on-fire trash can. When it comes to booting suiciders, I think there should be a time limit after spawn that tracks how long it has been since they SD’ed, and if 3 happen in like 5 minutes then they get kicked for unsportsmanlike behavior IDK

Please don’t revive old topics thanks, especially ones that are <mark>7 years old</mark>