Suicide kick

So you get automatically kicked out for being idle. Fine, I’m ok with that. Especially when the other team takes advantage of the idle player and gets a ton of free kills.

But what about suicides? I played a swat match and the -Yoink- had 5 suicides, 14 deaths, and 0 kills. He either killed himself or just let himself be killed instead of just quitting. I can see 1 suicide being an accident, but you should be auto kicked and banned for several. At that point it’s not an accident anymore, you’re doing it on purpose causing people trying to actually play to lose.

They must have changed this recently because you always used to get an “Unnatural Selection” boot after the third suicide in any Halo 5 arena match.

Yeah, too many suicides did used to result in a boot. Maybe the person spread out the suicides far enough apart that the game didn’t register it as a trend. Maybe 343i changed the banhammer so its more lenient towards suicides. Who knows?

I’d be surprised if they completely removed suiciding as a bannable offense.

I’d say he killed himself about 30-45 seconds apart. Swat matches aren’t generally long, so roughly once per minute of a 6 minute or so game.

Like I said in my first post, I can see one suicide being an accident, maybe even two. But 5? That’s just ruining the gameplay for everyone else. I reported it on Xbox, even though I doubt it’ll make a difference, hopefully it will make it so I’m less likely to be matched with him again.

I think usually you get kicked after 3 suicides just like with team kills. I have also seen people get a lot more though too so it doesn’t seem to be a hard rule.

That’s weird, the kick should have happened before 5.
Did he do anything strange for the suicides, like walk into a teammate first before walking off the map?
That used to work in previous games, where it would register as a betrayal instead of a suicide if you just touch a teammate first…
Maybe the ban hammer still has that exploit, even if the game itself displays it as a regular suicide?

Swat matches don’t allow for betrayal. Maybe you could spartan charge a teammate and knock them off the map. I saw the player once jump off the side. The map was the Rig and I know there’s a ledge people like to snipe from but if you miss it, you die.

> 2533274834881503;6:
> That’s weird, the kick should have happened before 5.
> Did he do anything strange for the suicides, like walk into a teammate first before walking off the map?
> That used to work in previous games, where it would register as a betrayal instead of a suicide if you just touch a teammate first…
> Maybe the ban hammer still has that exploit, even if the game itself displays it as a regular suicide?

You don’t get betrayals unless it’s a “killed by the guardians” area of the map. Hard kill and placed kill zones give out suicides and award kills. There’s only like 1 map that you can do this in Matchmaking at this time.

Regarding OPs concern, it’s because the suicides were spread out. Those are essentially on a timer rule. Betrayals are a per-match rule. 3 is a hard number for betrayals, but suicides have to be in quick succession.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I agree dad