Suggestions on how to improve Terminus Firefight

Since there are rumors going around that 343 is going to update Terminus Firefight I was thinking we could get a thread going on changes/additions we’d like to see.

My top 5:

1. (This one is kind of a long shot) Something that would be absolutely amazing is a way to rejoin a Terminus Firefight game if someone lags out. Firefight is kind of a huge time commitment, I would say it takes at least 2 hours to get to wave 100 on heroic/legendary. (Although I’ve never made it since someone always lags out Lol) It is extremely frustrating to commit to this game mode only to have someone lag out (in private matches) and then it’s all ruined. Games like PUBG and Halo 5 have implemented a ‘rejoin’ option and I think that’s amazing. Basically, if your game crashes or you lag out of a game once you restart the game it says “Game in Session would you like to rejoin”. Like I said, this is wishful thinking since an RTS game is very different than an FPS game but with how often HW2 crashes and how much of a time commitment TF can be this would create longevity for TF.

2. Probably something that’s on everyone’s list and also something 343 is likely looking into: Adding DLC units to the waves (Goliaths, Phantoms, Frostravens, skitterers, etc)

3. The ability to choose the faction/starting round faction you fight against would be nice

4. Heroic and Legendary matchmaking options for Terminus Firefight. In case you didn’t know, matchmaking Firefight is always set to Normal; it’s very strange that 343 leaves these options out.

5. The ability to turn off Fog of War in Terminus Firefight and add Skulls would be a cool addition. I don’t see any reason not to create a more casual Firefight experience for those that are into that kind of thing.

So that’s my list, I’m interested to see yours!

I want it to be as customizable as reaches firefight was if you’ve played that. You modify basically every aspect of the match like what you fought, skulls, weapons, etc. and that’s be pretty sweet to see in similar customizablility in terminus

> 2533274815704057;2:
> I want it to be as customizable as reaches firefight was if you’ve played that. You modify basically every aspect of the match like what you fought, skulls, weapons, etc. and that’s be pretty sweet to see in similar customizablility in terminus

That only really works in fps halo games I don’t think it will turn out well in a rts

> 2535408720103530;3:
> > 2533274815704057;2:
> > I want it to be as customizable as reaches firefight was if you’ve played that. You modify basically every aspect of the match like what you fought, skulls, weapons, etc. and that’s be pretty sweet to see in similar customizablility in terminus
>
> That only really works in fps halo games I don’t think it will turn out well in a rts

I think it could cause like in the old c&c games you could pick just infantry to fight and how much health they had and stuff similar to that

I know this if for TF but if they end up putting DLC units in TF, I would like to see the same in TF.

My only request at this moment is for shrouds to clock the terminus like gales can.

EDIT: I meant if they put in TF, please put it in blitz firefight as well.

I think a day night cycle would be great.
Maybe let people choose their own color.
DLC units as you mentioned would be awesome, also DLC Hero units would be nice.
Add those Operation Spear Breaker Sentinels to the Forerunner wave.
Cannon Fodder should come on a certain wave.
And maybe blitz units should come.
Well those are my ideas

Could’ve added more to this list, but I already feel like I’m wanting too much…

• More customizability in general(some points below could also fit under this). At the least, I’d definitely like to be able to choose which faction and enemy groups I fight(and of course there could be a Random option for those who still want it like it is now), if not also have more flexibility on the enemy health/damage. And besides Firefight-specific options, I’d like it if there were also the same options as in Skirmish games: Y-ability cooldown adjustment, Fog of War and Leader Power toggles, Skulls, etc.

• Along with the DLC units, Kodiaks and deploying Blisterbacks as well as Shrouds could be used, maybe with the Kodis and Blisters as part of a special “Artillery” wave. Later waves could also start attaching Skitterers to the enemy.

• Enemy unit upgrades unlocked over time. I know the game already sort of does this with some of the Y abilities, but I mean non-ability upgrades like the Marines’ Combat Mechanic, the Hunters’ Beam Cannon, etc.(Banished Heroes in particular could use this - as they are now, they’re one of the weakest waves throughout the game.)

• Enemy Leader Powers. Starting out low-level and infrequent but steadily increasing, possibly even combining powers from multiple leaders(both active and passive) as the game wears on. I think this and the above two points might be good as alternative ways to increase the challenge of Firefight besides just beefing up the enemy health/damage, though I’m prepared to be wrong.

• Let healing units/Leader Powers heal the Terminus and Spires, as well as Shrouds cloak them and Engineers overshield them(or do overshields already work on the Terminus?), especially if we get enemy Leader Powers and have to deal with turret and nuke drops right on the Terminus.

• Choice between the standard wave timer and a wave prep timer(only starts when the last enemy of a wave is killed, can be shorter compared to the standard timer if need be). Not just to make it easier on us, but on our Xboxes too - they can have a hard enough time rendering everything without wave leftovers piling up.

• Let air units pick up bonus core contents, and let us choose which post-boss bonus we get(or choose to be able to choose, with a Random/Choose toggle in the game options). I admit I dislike the randomness factor more than I probably should, but air units not being able to grab core contents feels like a real oversight.