Suggestions for Halo 6 Customs

Halo 5’s gameplay is fine, but the reason I still play it years after release is the customs system, and as a result, I’m very invested in it. I started by joining customs groups, playing what other people made, and eventually became dissatisfied with many hosts, so I began to host my own lobbies, which eventually grew into creating my own customs as well. As a result, I know a lot about Halo 5’s customs menus and, more importantly, how they can be improved for Halo 6. I have a couple of points, so I’ll list them out.

• The ability to link saved and bookmarked maps and modes together. I’m now really fast when it comes to navigating the pages and pages of modes and maps that I have saved, but I didn’t start out like that, and it’s still an inconvenience. If I’m selecting ‘Castle Wars’ for game mode and only have one map for ‘Castle Wars,’ I shouldn’t have to go find that too and select it. A feature to save the two components together in one package would half the time it takes to select customs for an experienced host. Perhaps, if one mode had multiple possible maps, or vice versa, once the standard pair was selected, you could reselect it and change the map or mode, and it would open a menu with only the maps or modes commonly used with the other in the pair, thus making multiple maps for a mode still work easily. - Folders for saving and bookmarking. I have an entire page of ‘Survive the ___’ maps saved in Halo 5. It would be really great to be able to fit them all in one folder, simply titled ‘Survive maps.’ I could have a folder titled ‘Personal’ and have it filled with all the stuff I made or tweaked, and a ‘Popular’ folder with customs like Ro Sham Bo, Fat Kid Funhouse, that sort of thing. It would make menu navigation far easier, and more efficient, assuming it doesn’t take long to load the contents of the folders. - Manual sorting options for saved and bookmarked items. Halo 5 has plenty of filters when looking for the right map or mode, but I think it would be wonderful to have the option to manually shift stuff around, and save that under a filter called ‘manual’ or something like that. This would be an immensely useful option for people like me who learn to navigate their menu through memory. For example, I don’t read every file in my browser to find my SplatterJack mode, I know it’s to the right of the top left corner of the second page. Allowing players to manually save presets like this would prevent us from having to update every file in front of where we are used to a file being in order for it to go back in its spot after making a change, something that would prove incredibly handy for me. - A more robust filter system. Don’t get me wrong, Halo 5’s filters are really nice, but they don’t accomplish everything they could. Where’s the option to cut out any results containing a certain keyword? Why can’t I filter for multiple keywords? For example, if I could search for a custom game with the most people that didn’t include the keywords ‘assassinations’ or ‘recruit’, I would save so much time. This, with the ability to save searches (I would like more than 3 slots, if possible) would be so nice.There might be some stuff I forgot to mention, but this is all I can think of now. If any of these ideas sound cool to you, please do whatever the Halo Waypoint equivalent of ‘like’ is, I want this post to get some attention so Halo 6’s customs can be the best they can be. If you have any ideas I missed, please comment!

Note: If I came off like I was nitpicking, just know, I really love the Halo 5 customs system. These tweaks are just that, tweaks. They would improve an already great experience and bring it to new levels of ease. I didn’t put any suggestions for anything besides menus, because that might be a little out of my depth. As it is, I don’t know if these ideas are even possible to implement, but 343, if you are reading this, please try, for your hardcore customs host community!

I don’t think it’s nitpicking. Attention to detail does keep hardcore players engaged, and it helps the community thrive.

Well said!

Warzone For Customs lobby!!

So we can make warzone maps for customs lobby with a lot higher player counts on a Big Forge world map

AI

and the other species that are in Halo 5 Guardians Warzone!!

> 2533274937442733;1:
> Halo 5’s gameplay is fine, but the reason I still play it years after release is the customs system, and as a result, I’m very invested in it. I started by joining customs groups, playing what other people made, and eventually became dissatisfied with many hosts, so I began to host my own lobbies, which eventually grew into creating my own customs as well. As a result, I know a lot about Halo 5’s customs menus and, more importantly, how they can be improved for Halo 6. I have a couple of points, so I’ll list them out.
> - The ability to link saved and bookmarked maps and modes together. I’m now really fast when it comes to navigating the pages and pages of modes and maps that I have saved, but I didn’t start out like that, and it’s still an inconvenience. If I’m selecting ‘Castle Wars’ for game mode and only have one map for ‘Castle Wars,’ I shouldn’t have to go find that too and select it. A feature to save the two components together in one package would half the time it takes to select customs for an experienced host. Perhaps, if one mode had multiple possible maps, or vice versa, once the standard pair was selected, you could reselect it and change the map or mode, and it would open a menu with only the maps or modes commonly used with the other in the pair, thus making multiple maps for a mode still work easily. - Folders for saving and bookmarking. I have an entire page of ‘Survive the ___’ maps saved in Halo 5. It would be really great to be able to fit them all in one folder, simply titled ‘Survive maps.’ I could have a folder titled ‘Personal’ and have it filled with all the stuff I made or tweaked, and a ‘Popular’ folder with customs like Ro Sham Bo, Fat Kid Funhouse, that sort of thing. It would make menu navigation far easier, and more efficient, assuming it doesn’t take long to load the contents of the folders. - Manual sorting options for saved and bookmarked items. Halo 5 has plenty of filters when looking for the right map or mode, but I think it would be wonderful to have the option to manually shift stuff around, and save that under a filter called ‘manual’ or something like that. This would be an immensely useful option for people like me who learn to navigate their menu through memory. For example, I don’t read every file in my browser to find my SplatterJack mode, I know it’s to the right of the top left corner of the second page. Allowing players to manually save presets like this would prevent us from having to update every file in front of where we are used to a file being in order for it to go back in its spot after making a change, something that would prove incredibly handy for me. - A more robust filter system. Don’t get me wrong, Halo 5’s filters are really nice, but they don’t accomplish everything they could. Where’s the option to cut out any results containing a certain keyword? Why can’t I filter for multiple keywords? For example, if I could search for a custom game with the most people that didn’t include the keywords ‘assassinations’ or ‘recruit’, I would save so much time. This, with the ability to save searches (I would like more than 3 slots, if possible) would be so nice.There might be some stuff I forgot to mention, but this is all I can think of now. If any of these ideas sound cool to you, please do whatever the Halo Waypoint equivalent of ‘like’ is, I want this post to get some attention so Halo 6’s customs can be the best they can be. If you have any ideas I missed, please comment!
>
> Note: If I came off like I was nitpicking, just know, I really love the Halo 5 customs system. These tweaks are just that, tweaks. They would improve an already great experience and bring it to new levels of ease. I didn’t put any suggestions for anything besides menus, because that might be a little out of my depth. As it is, I don’t know if these ideas are even possible to implement, but 343, if you are reading this, please try, for your hardcore customs host community!

You’ve definitely put more thought into it than I have. I agree with everything.

> 2533274853335092;3:
> Warzone For Customs lobby!!
>
> So we can make warzone maps for customs lobby with a lot higher player counts on a Big Forge world map
>
> AI
>
> and the other species that are in Halo 5 Guardians Warzone!!

WZ custom lobby would be awesome. Making your own maps with AI spawns & bases too.

> 2533274826044245;5:
> > 2533274853335092;3:
> > Warzone For Customs lobby!!
> >
> > So we can make warzone maps for customs lobby with a lot higher player counts on a Big Forge world map
> >
> > AI
> >
> > and the other species that are in Halo 5 Guardians Warzone!!
>
> WZ custom lobby would be awesome. Making your own maps with AI spawns & bases too.

It would be really fun and I think the popularity would go up to a little bit as well!!!