Suggestions and Ideas for a New Halo.

Hello there! I am Virtual Kingdom!
I have been thinking and going over ideas and the like with other Halo Fans and Entertainers. I have spoken to Clans and the Competitive community and to the common every day player. I figured I would got down a few highlights that I have taken notice of and dually hope that I am not the only one.

Reach had Playable Elites
Reach had Firefight
Reach had more realistic look to the armor
Reach had the Invasion Game type
Reach had a more balanced and more original feel
H4 (Halo 4) had a more CoD feel
H4 had Unlimited sprint (not like it helped)
H4 had a side story (Spartan Ops and FUD)
H4 had updated weapons and gear
H4 had updated look and feel
but by far what I have seen in the Halo 5 Guardians is a more CoD looking and feeling. it’s like 343I is taking Halo away from it’s original feel and ways into a CoD based version of Halo. I wonder if 343I is doing this on purpose to evolve the game or if Microsoft is forcing 343I to make a game that can compete with the CoD series? I wonder if 343I is trying to make Halo towards a Sci-Fy version of CoD in an attempt to win over CoD fans and make a ton of sales? if by making a game more like CoD you are losing what makes Halo, Halo. and I really don’t support those players that think the games (CoD and Halo) should be merged. if any thing, make Halo 4 and aspects from reach merge together.

~ allow for there to be playable Elites in Halo 5
~ merge Firefight and Invasion then make it BtB (even next gen this Idea! add in a field marshal that sees the battle field in a birds eye perspective and can delegate or tell phantoms were to land and with what kind of troops, and a UNSC Admiral to send down weapons and supplies)
~ make the game feel more realistic and more like a Halo Game
~ keep the side stories going (even add a season two of Spartan Ops for the Xbox one, have it as a retelling of the Halo Escalation comics)
~ get rid of Iron sights and bring back the original halo scopes
~ Keep the unlimited sprint and keep the climbing
~ bring in a new Scary spices or the flood, maybe a different alien collation or some thing that causes all the other known spices to panic
~ make a game about soldiers, not unrealistic super heroes
anyone that reads this, please reply your comments, I’d like to hear your thoughts.
Thanks
Virtual Kingdom
XD

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Have 343 completely drop the project, and let an actual good game production company pick up the Halo franchise. That is the absolute best suggestion possible.

> 2533274844318748;2:
>

The hate is strong with this one.

> 2533274901285597;1:
> but by far what I have seen in the Halo 5 Guardians is a more CoD looking and feeling. it’s like 343I is taking Halo away from it’s original feel and ways into a CoD based version of Halo. I wonder if 343I is doing this on purpose to evolve the game or if Microsoft is forcing 343I to make a game that can compete with the CoD series? I wonder if 343I is trying to make Halo towards a Sci-Fy version of CoD in an attempt to win over CoD fans and make a ton of sales? if by making a game more like CoD you are losing what makes Halo, Halo. and I really don’t support those players that think the games (CoD and Halo) should be merged. if any thing, make Halo 4 and aspects from reach merge together.

I was just saying this earlier. It’s not a matter of copying or moving away from the “original feel”, it’s a matter of 14 years. It’s been 14 years since Halo CE. Remember what video games were like 14 years before CE released?

It’s becoming abundantly clear which direction Halo and FPS’s in general are heading. And in order to keep a massive AAA IP like Halo relevant, they need to compete. So I don’t see that reversing anytime soon. And I think that’s why they released the MCC; so the fans of classic Halo wouldn’t feel abandoned, so that original feel would be there. We get our beloved games on current gen while they move on with current gaming trends as the market insists they do.

> 2533274901285597;1:
> ~ make a game about soldiers, not unrealistic super heroes

I mean, that would make it just like CoD though, no? Personally, I enjoy Halo because it’s not realistic. I want to play as a super hero that can jump 10 feet in the air and smash down onto my enemies. I want to be able to sprint across the field in seconds. I want to be able to maneuver like a graceful dolphin and pack a punch like an overweight wale

> 2533275007925459;5:
> > 2533274901285597;1:
> > ~ make a game about soldiers, not unrealistic super heroes
>
>
> I mean, that would make it just like CoD though, no? Personally, I enjoy Halo because it’s not realistic. I want to play as a super hero that can jump 10 feet in the air and smash down onto my enemies. I want to be able to sprint across the field in seconds. I want to be able to maneuver like a graceful dolphin and pack a punch like an overweight wale

Yes but Halo was originally founded in science that is 100 to 500 years ahead of us, even the most unrealistic parts of the game can be founded by possible science. And the game really loses it’s appeal if it’s too easy or the main character is so Over Powered that not even a kill ball can kill em.

> 2533274883669557;4:
> > 2533274901285597;1:
> > but by far what I have seen in the Halo 5 Guardians is a more CoD looking and feeling. it’s like 343I is taking Halo away from it’s original feel and ways into a CoD based version of Halo. I wonder if 343I is doing this on purpose to evolve the game or if Microsoft is forcing 343I to make a game that can compete with the CoD series? I wonder if 343I is trying to make Halo towards a Sci-Fy version of CoD in an attempt to win over CoD fans and make a ton of sales? if by making a game more like CoD you are losing what makes Halo, Halo. and I really don’t support those players that think the games (CoD and Halo) should be merged. if any thing, make Halo 4 and aspects from reach merge together.
>
>
> I was just saying this earlier. It’s not a matter of copying or moving away from the “original feel”, it’s a matter of 14 years. It’s been 14 years since Halo CE. Remember what video games were like 14 years before CE released?
>
> It’s becoming abundantly clear which direction Halo and FPS’s in general are heading. And in order to keep a massive AAA IP like Halo relevant, they need to compete. So I don’t see that reversing anytime soon. And I think that’s why they released the MCC; so the fans of classic Halo wouldn’t feel abandoned, so that original feel would be there. We get our beloved games on current gen while they move on with current gaming trends as the market insists they do.

You want to compete in the market then look at all the previous work done in the past, find the highlights from previous games, then merge them and update/upgrade them. Like adding a Halo Wars perspective to a FPS. And sometimes the simplest things make a huge difference

> 2533274883669557;4:
> > 2533274901285597;1:
> > but by far what I have seen in the Halo 5 Guardians is a more CoD looking and feeling. it’s like 343I is taking Halo away from it’s original feel and ways into a CoD based version of Halo. I wonder if 343I is doing this on purpose to evolve the game or if Microsoft is forcing 343I to make a game that can compete with the CoD series? I wonder if 343I is trying to make Halo towards a Sci-Fy version of CoD in an attempt to win over CoD fans and make a ton of sales? if by making a game more like CoD you are losing what makes Halo, Halo. and I really don’t support those players that think the games (CoD and Halo) should be merged. if any thing, make Halo 4 and aspects from reach merge together.
>
>
> I was just saying this earlier. It’s not a matter of copying or moving away from the “original feel”, it’s a matter of 14 years. It’s been 14 years since Halo CE. Remember what video games were like 14 years before CE released?
>
> It’s becoming abundantly clear which direction Halo and FPS’s in general are heading. And in order to keep a massive AAA IP like Halo relevant, they need to compete. So I don’t see that reversing anytime soon. And I think that’s why they released the MCC; so the fans of classic Halo wouldn’t feel abandoned, so that original feel would be there. We get our beloved games on current gen while they move on with current gaming trends as the market insists they do.

Figured this post was good enough to make another appearance on this page.

> 2533274844318748;2:
> This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
>
> *Original post. Click at your own discretion.
> Have 343 completely drop the project, and let an actual good game production company pick up the Halo franchise. That is the absolute best suggestion possible.

I think many are tired of 343 producing Halo. After what we’ve seen them do with the MCC and Halo 4, I don’t think everyone’s happy with them.

343i is a good game development company, but they need to seriously step up their game with Guardians if they want to be taken seriously.

Sure, another company could probably do better at producing new Halo games, but we’re stuck with 343. So we might as well put some hope in them and see what they do with Halo 5.

> 2533274901285597;1:
> ~ bring in a new Scary spices, maybe a different (…) thing that causes all the other known spices to panic

Have you ever traveled to India, there are sum scary spices over there :wink:

What about my suggestions for Halo 5? Please entertain the thought

Halo 5 looks nothing like CoD. CoD is venturing towards Halo, not the other way around.

> 2533274901285597;6:
> > 2533275007925459;5:
> > > 2533274901285597;1:
> > > ~ make a game about soldiers, not unrealistic super heroes
> >
> >
> > I mean, that would make it just like CoD though, no? Personally, I enjoy Halo because it’s not realistic. I want to play as a super hero that can jump 10 feet in the air and smash down onto my enemies. I want to be able to sprint across the field in seconds. I want to be able to maneuver like a graceful dolphin and pack a punch like an overweight wale
>
>
> Yes but Halo was originally founded in science that is 100 to 500 years ahead of us, even the most unrealistic parts of the game can be founded by possible science. And the game really loses it’s appeal if it’s too easy or the main character is so Over Powered that not even a kill ball can kill em.

The Chief is really not overpowered, if you have read the books you would understand that.

> 2533274882913802;13:
> > 2533274901285597;6:
> > > 2533275007925459;5:
> > > > 2533274901285597;1:
> > > > ~ make a game about soldiers, not unrealistic super heroes
> > >
> > >
> > > I mean, that would make it just like CoD though, no? Personally, I enjoy Halo because it’s not realistic. I want to play as a super hero that can jump 10 feet in the air and smash down onto my enemies. I want to be able to sprint across the field in seconds. I want to be able to maneuver like a graceful dolphin and pack a punch like an overweight wale
> >
> >
> > Yes but Halo was originally founded in science that is 100 to 500 years ahead of us, even the most unrealistic parts of the game can be founded by possible science. And the game really loses it’s appeal if it’s too easy or the main character is so Over Powered that not even a kill ball can kill em.
>
>
> The Chief is really not overpowered, if you have read the books you would understand that.

You don’t even need to read the books. Chief gets dominated by the Didact in Halo 4.

> 2533274882913802;13:
> > 2533274901285597;6:
> > > 2533275007925459;5:
> > > > 2533274901285597;1:
> > > > ~ make a game about soldiers, not unrealistic super heroes
> > >
> > >
> > > I mean, that would make it just like CoD though, no? Personally, I enjoy Halo because it’s not realistic. I want to play as a super hero that can jump 10 feet in the air and smash down onto my enemies. I want to be able to sprint across the field in seconds. I want to be able to maneuver like a graceful dolphin and pack a punch like an overweight wale
> >
> >
> > Yes but Halo was originally founded in science that is 100 to 500 years ahead of us, even the most unrealistic parts of the game can be founded by possible science. And the game really loses it’s appeal if it’s too easy or the main character is so Over Powered that not even a kill ball can kill em.
>
>
> The Chief is really not overpowered, if you have read the books you would understand that.

I’m hinting at Agent Locke and the newest trailer show cased at Game Stop. it does give me a very good Idea of how things are going to look. (Manga Asian Fake Chinese)

> 2533274901285597;15:
> > 2533274882913802;13:
> > > 2533274901285597;6:
> > > > 2533275007925459;5:
> > > > > 2533274901285597;1:
> > > > > ~ make a game about soldiers, not unrealistic super heroes
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > I mean, that would make it just like CoD though, no? Personally, I enjoy Halo because it’s not realistic. I want to play as a super hero that can jump 10 feet in the air and smash down onto my enemies. I want to be able to sprint across the field in seconds. I want to be able to maneuver like a graceful dolphin and pack a punch like an overweight wale
> > >
> > >
> > > Yes but Halo was originally founded in science that is 100 to 500 years ahead of us, even the most unrealistic parts of the game can be founded by possible science. And the game really loses it’s appeal if it’s too easy or the main character is so Over Powered that not even a kill ball can kill em.
> >
> >
> > The Chief is really not overpowered, if you have read the books you would understand that.
>
>
> I’m hinting at Agent Locke and the newest trailer show cased at Game Stop. it does give me a very good Idea of how things are going to look. (Manga Asian Fake Chinese)

Woops. Completely forgot about the new trailer, I need to watch it later tonight.

> 2533274877056440;12:
> Halo 5 looks nothing like CoD. CoD is venturing towards Halo, not the other way around.

Iron Sights
Booster packs
Climbing
Cheese story line with lots of face palms.

both games look to be attempting to reach each other half ways, subtle changes and then out of no were BOOM you have Halo 6: Duty of Humanity or something

> 2533274901285597;6:
> Yes but Halo was originally founded in science that is 100 to 500 years ahead of us, even the most unrealistic parts of the game can be founded by possible science.

Slightly off-topic here, but… As a physicist i assure you - no they can’t. Halo lore and gameplay breaks numerous fundamental laws of nature.

Not that I mind, though. I’m a huge SF-fan. As such I’m quite familiar with the concept of suspension of disbelief.

> 2533274901285597;17:
> > 2533274877056440;12:
> > Halo 5 looks nothing like CoD. CoD is venturing towards Halo, not the other way around.
>
>
> Iron Sights
> Booster packs
> Climbing
> Cheese story line with lots of face palms.
>
> both games look to be attempting to reach each other half ways, subtle changes and then out of no were BOOM you have Halo 6: Duty of Humanity or something

Oh yeah, every game in existence is copying CoD. /endsarcsm

> 2533274877056440;12:
> Halo 5 looks nothing like CoD. CoD is venturing towards Halo, not the other way around.

They both are copying each other the way I see. Sure there’s only so many ways for a game to evolve, but it’s kind of obvious when one franchise copies from another. It’s all about money after all. Oh well.