[SUGGESTION] Repairing Physics + Merge

Although Halo: Reach included many tools in Forge, one of its flaws is the physics engine’s way of acting. The Forge tool allows for the type of Physics, but alas, this has its flaws.

One, the Normal setting appears to derive from the Fixed setting. This is because most Static objects or Objects that disregard physics after a certain amount of time, even in the Normal setting, will activate Fixed mode after sitting at rest. This means that if an object has not been moved for several seconds, Fixed mode will automatically initiate. The object will remain stuck, unbound by the laws of gravity or physics. This can only be fixed in Forge mode by grabbing the object once, proving that many dynamic objects are impossible. This reduces the number of switches that can be created due to the lack or Dynamic objects, or objects that abide by physics at all times.

Two, many objects disregard the Phased option. Most Dynamic objects, or an object that always responds to physics such as Gravity only respond correctly when the Normal or Fixed option is used. For example, a structure piece can easily phase through another. However, when a Dynamic piece such as a Barricade of Weapon is used, the item cannot phase through anything, but will rather, initiate Fixed physics.

Three, some objects cannot use physics settings. This applies to vehicles and turrets. Both are incapable of having applied physics. These objects are doomed to Normal physics. This means that a proper “Scorpion Turret” can never be created without the usage of blocks. Turrets are also unable to be suspended mid-air. This reduces their ability to be used correctly in maps that utilize custom angles.

First, my suggestion is to repair all the physics in the game. Static and Dynamic objects should all have the same physics, meaning that if the Normal setting is selected, the object will always respond to physics correctly rather than stopping after certain time. When the Phased setting is selected, all objects can move through one another, even Dynamic objects. Finally, I request that vehicles and turrets receive their own physics settings, similar to every other object.

Second, I suggest for a new physics option. This option would be called Merge. Merge is a unique option that allows multiple objects to mix together while “Retaining Normal Physics”. Merged objects share a single weight, but if an object in the Merge is capable of movement such as a vehicle, the velocity of the object will disregard the current weight. However, physics will still apply, enforcing the gravity of all grouped objects. To debug itself, Merged objects will act as Phased until every object grouped in it becomes merged. This allows merged objects to easily be created. Also, merged objects will move together when being selected. An object can be un-merged with the group by changing it’s physics property to another type. This can be done because Merged objects are merely moved together, but each object will retain it’s individual traits. Note, Merged objects are only required to clip with ONE object in the group to be a member of it

I, for one, would love to see this happening.

> I, for one, would love to see this happening.

Thanks. My goal, however, is to repair the physics.

This is very well thought out nice idea, this should happen!

I approve this idea wholly.

INCOMING THREAD PLUG
BTW, I have<A HREF=http://halo.xbox.com/forums/games/f/9/p/4266/37981.aspx#37981> a thread for this kind of stuff.

> I approve this idea wholly.
>
> INCOMING THREAD PLUG
> BTW, I have<A HREF=http://halo.xbox.com/forums/games/f/9/p/4266/37981.aspx#37981> a thread for this kind of stuff.

BTW, I was the latest post on your thread. Sorry, I just don’t do double posting. Too lazy to edit either 0_o.