Suggestion if Warzone returns

To be fairly honest, I never actually hated Warzone in H5G. In some respects, it was very enjoyable in the right mindset when you go from one game to the next, where both teams vie for the various objectives, pushing for control of the various bases strewn through the battlefield One team either getting all the points required for the win, or flood the bases to expose, and therefore destroying the enemy core. The AI components were a little bullet spongy, but it was far from unbalanced when it comes to the what people came to expect.

The one thing that really came to be a point of contempt for me was how the points earned via AI kills operated. I remember plenty of times when a large part of the squad whittled away at the Warden Eternal, rockets, tanks, Splasers, the works until the enemy was only at a sliver of health. One lone enemy player ended up landing the final shot, effectively stealing the efforts of the team, rewarding all points, regardless of the damage dealt. Its frustrating, and above all, grating because it felt like that time used didn’t matter, allowing the other team to snowball very quickly to an advantage that is rarely recovered from.

If there was one suggestion I could offer, it would would probably difficult to program in, though the concept is simple:

Say Warden Eternal returns, valuing at 200 points in the game. And 50 points bonus for the team that gets the final shot in.

The damage dealt by Blue team is 49%
The damage dealt by Red team is 50%
A player from Blue team gets the final shot off on Warden Eternal

Red team is award 100 points
Blue team gets 150 points

I think this actually rewards skill on top of giving players the incentive to actually take the effort to take down the enemy AI on top of controlling the bases. It feels more fair this way, but whether or not 343 can or not is up for debate. I hope that they do if they decide to bring this gametype back.

This is an interesting concept, but I think it would be a little too complicated to do. I saw a post that had a really cool suggestion.

Rework Warzone to be like Star wars Battlefront (EA) and make the game have a huge number of players and if one side earns enough points, they go to space to take on the enemy in their ship.

I also would like to see a new Space Battle mode similar to Star Wars Battlefront II (Lucas Arts) but styled in Halo: Reach’s space battle.

My suggestion is to kill it with fire.

Why was Halo 5 released with Warzone (a bad joke of a BTB mode)?

To get your money with Reqs.

I think it would be cool if points were rewarded by damage and the kill. For example the kill could be like 50 points instead of 200 and then the rest is based on damage. I dunno haven’t really thought about it, that just popped up in my head while reading your suggestion. I definitely like your idea better than the current way it works though.

> 2533275031939856;4:
> I think it would be cool if points were rewarded by damage and the kill. For example the kill could be like 50 points instead of 200 and then the rest is based on damage. I dunno haven’t really thought about it, that just popped up in my head while reading your suggestion. I definitely like your idea better than the current way it works though.

Thats why I thought this method works better. If people had been sneaky, they could get the kill bonus and still earn their team a few extra points. It feels fair and actually awards the efforts if the other team did the bulk of the damage, and still get most of the points, rather ‘Oh, I got the final shot in, so my team gets all the points’ nonsense.

Although I wasn’t fond on how the REQ system was implemented in the playlist I still enjoyed Warzone, I remember people getting creative with the options they had, such as using a warthog as a stationary turret on a stronghold. I agree that how points were earned from killing the AI could be frustrating at times and I like your concept on solving the issue.

If I was to add on:
-As HaloBungie mentioned unlocking the higher tier weapons/vehicles/boosts etc similar to how Star Wars Battlefront 2 EA does with its hero’s, diminishing how the REQ system was incorporated.

-If 343 is on a budget regards on time and resources maybe not including all of the more lethal variants of the weapons/vehicles such as the prophet Bane, void tear etc. As much fun these weapons are most of them are incompatible with the rest of the multiplayer and would only farther separate it from the rest of the game. I would prefer if they tried to improve the utility of the gun rather than the lethality, like the plasma pistol. (It didn’t have the best ttk but it had a unique charge ability) Maybe in the long run.

-I was thinking about giving the strongholds more incentive but then again that could cause the snowball effect. (Warzone was never intentionally made to be balanced though)

I take this post to say that as an almost main Warzone player, I would like to see him return but with greater depth, both in his PvP mode and in his shooting mode. Warzone mode has HUGE potential, to get things done really cool and fun.

I’d like it to not be monetized and if players do well in game then they should get the advantage in terms of spawning weapons and vehicles but at the start all players should spawn with same weapons but can’t spawn a good vehicle or weapon until they earn the advantage by being a better player.

I want a better system for getting points against Ai fighters as well. The last bullet damaged, albeit slightly less prevalent then we might think, is not good for players. 343 even made a video about it on YouTube ending it with a sad face.

I would much prefer points awarded for damage made against the Ai instead.

I like your concept for Warzone in Infinite and I get where you’re coming from. I held no animosity towards Warzone, I was mostly neutral. It wasn’t my favorite but I occasionally had some good monents with it. However, I doubt it’s returing though considering the synonymous connection it had with the Requisition System, which wasn’t popular amongst the community. I wouldn’t mind it returining but I definitely wouldn’t miss it if it doesn’t.