Suggestion for the Autosentry

This is a very trivial issue.

The autosentry is the only armor ability I have used since I started playing Halo 4. I have noticed how easy it is once you have used your autosentry, to destroy it.

The left bumper on the Xbox 360 controller is extremely sensitive. Sometimes, in the midst of a firefight, I will find cover for a second, deploy my autosentry, but only have it blow up because I accidentally pressed the left bumper twice due to its sensitivity.

Is there any way in a future TU that you could make the control to disable your autosentry holding down the left bumper instead of just tapping it?

If I am posting this in the wrong forum, let me know, and I’ll move it, or feel free to move it yourself.

I would suggest making it useful outside of spartan ops but yours works too haha.

It’s be cool if it was like, hold one when it’s activate for it to follow you, and then hold twice to destroy it.

It does feel like the Auto Sentry should be expanded on.

I personally only find it effective in Spartan Ops…
I barely ever run across people that use it in MM…props to u kind sir.

I wouldn’t even mind if you could push it around like the auto turret in halo 3. You know, push it around a corner as a distraction. But instead it’s holographic? It’s just a little confusing to me, not a complaint though.

I have absolutely no issues with the Autosentry. Absolutely love it. It’s like my little buddy that never lets me down.

Although I wouldn’t mind a hold down button for destroying it. I do understand you OP, where you pull it out, then accidently destroy it (my AA button is X, and this still happens). But as long as I can destroy it manually whenever I want/need to, I’m fine.

Slightly off-topic, but I find the Autosentry useful even in Slayer gametypes.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I’d almost always rather have Pro Vision or a Hologram, but Autosentry is definitely my number 3. It’s really useful for defensive players, especially on Haven/Adrift. Because it can shoot almost completely vertically either up or down, it’s great to deploy on the catwalks on Adrift, or over the drop holes on Haven.

It glows red when it targets someone, so if you deploy it and then patrol the area, it’s like a secondary way of finding targets. Plus, each bullet it hits with, (Which, it tends to hit with atleast the first one.) is the equivalent of a DMR hit, (Or close to) and in anything above lowest-level Halo, you know having one shot extra on your opponent is a huge advantage when trying to out-BR or out-DMR someone. So long as you deploy it in a power position and play defensively, it is a great AA.

OT: I’ve done this myself, OP. Your suggestion is a perfect fix, maybe it can be done, but with such a small pool of people even using the Autosentry, I doubt it will see any love.

> So long as you deploy it in a power position and play defensively, it is a great AA.

That’s what makes it feel so familiar, it’s like equipment, but better.

> I wouldn’t even mind if you could push it around like the auto turret in halo 3. You know, push it around a corner as a distraction. But instead it’s holographic? It’s just a little confusing to me, not a complaint though.

I still wish this were the case though.

While I hated how easily the Auto Turret could be moved, I did enjoy repositioning it. With the Auto Sentry, I’m finding myself waiting for it to recharge if I mess up the deployment. At times, it does not feel like it should be an AA.