SUGGESTION: Co-op vs. AI Playlist

Now that bots are confirmed for Infinite and (finally) coming to Halo after 20 years of PvP-only multiplayer, this is a golden opportunity for 343 to really hone in on their goal of making this the most accessible Halo game ever and knock it out of the park. Besides Firefight 3.0 - which I’m sure is at the top of MANY people’s wish lists - a great way to take advantage of multiplayer bots would be to create a co-op playlist where a team of players can team up against bots on difficulties of their choice, ranging from Easy to Legendary while still earning XP, medals, and progression towards the seasonal battle passes so as to make the experience just as fun, engaging, and rewarding as PvP.

Gears of War, another flagship franchise for Microsoft/Xbox, executed this perfectly with Gears 4 and 5, enabling players to enjoy multiplayer and all it has to offer in a fun, relaxed, cooperative setting. Before that, Gears of War 3 and Gears of War: Judgment also allowed players to earn XP through private matches with bots. Gears’ long-standing friendliness towards PvE players and the care taken to make the game open to all is a huge part of why I’ve been so heavily into the Gears of War franchise for so long. I can always look forward to a consistent multiplayer experience regardless of what Gears game I play, and - most importantly - I know I’ll be able to find a match whether the game’s population is high or low. To see this same kind of experience come to Halo would be a dream come true.

With Infinite’s multiplayer going F2P across multiple platforms, now is a golden opportunity for 343 to dig in and invest in the work they’ve done to program AI for multiplayer by making it a stanchion of Infinite’s experience rather than just a toss-in for custom matches and substituting players in PvP playlists.

Just my thoughts.

> 2533274854683482;1:
> Now that bots are confirmed for Infinite and (finally) coming to Halo after 20 years of PvP-only multiplayer, this is a golden opportunity for 343 to really hone in on their goal of making this the most accessible Halo game ever and knock it out of the park. Besides Firefight 3.0 - which I’m sure is at the top of MANY people’s wish lists - a great way to take advantage of multiplayer bots would be to create a co-op playlist where a team of players can team up against bots on difficulties of their choice, ranging from Easy to Legendary while still earning XP, medals, and progression towards the seasonal battle passes so as to make the experience just as fun, engaging, and rewarding as PvP.
>
> Gears of War, another flagship franchise for Microsoft/Xbox, executed this perfectly with Gears 4 and 5, enabling players to enjoy multiplayer and all it has to offer in a fun, relaxed, cooperative setting. Before that, Gears of War 3 and Gears of War: Judgment also allowed players to earn XP through private matches with bots. Gears’ long-standing friendliness towards PvE players and the care taken to make the game open to all is a huge part of why I’ve been so heavily into the Gears of War franchise for so long. I can always look forward to a consistent multiplayer experience regardless of what Gears game I play, and - most importantly - I know I’ll be able to find a match whether the game’s population is high or low. To see this same kind of experience come to Halo would be a dream come true.
>
> With Infinite’s multiplayer going F2P across multiple platforms, now is a golden opportunity for 343 to dig in and invest in the work they’ve done to program AI for multiplayer by making it a stanchion of Infinite’s experience rather than just a toss-in for custom matches and substituting players in PvP playlists.
>
> Just my thoughts.

This would be nice, almost like a warm up for matchmaking.

> 2533274854683482;1:
> Besides Firefight 3.0 - which I’m sure is at the top of MANY people’s wish lists - a great way to take advantage of multiplayer bots would be to create a co-op playlist where a team of players can team up against bots on difficulties of their choice, ranging from Easy to Legendary while still earning XP, medals, and progression towards the seasonal battle passes so as to make the experience just as fun, engaging, and rewarding as PvP.

In the multiplayer overview they already confirmed that the training mode includes a team set-up (friendly and enemy bots) and using MP maps to get to know them. Don’t think they will limit the training to having on one in your fireteam seeming it’s purpose it to learn the game or warm-up (who better to help you with that then the boys right?)

Concerning earning XP and progression similar to matchmaking is a route i don’t they will take, maybe you get a percentage or something. Because that would be the same as playing customs to quickly earn rewards. All previous Halo’s didn’t allow that. So fun and engaging sure, just as rewarding i doubt it.

I really think they should follow MOBAs and have a beginner/warm up mode against bots. It would definitely help many people.

I feel like an academy matchmaking where you fight bots as a team with others will come but probably not on day one.
Edit: Of course you can go in as a custom game day one, but not matchmaking style.

Agree very strongly. If there was an “AI Slayer” playlist where you play with real players against a team of bots and can progress, I might never play anything else.

Now of course one big objection people raise is that you shouldn’t progress nearly as quickly against bots, because that’s not fair to people who progress playing real people since bots are so much easier - and that’s a perfectly fair objection. I wouldn’t argue the XP rate should be the same. It should be much lower, like 50% or even less than what you’d get in a real PVP match. But at least it’s still a way for those who prefer to avoid PVP matchmaking to experience the game’s PVP maps and progress while they’re doing it.