Sudden rise in rushing games?

I played three 3v3 games in a row as Colony after practicing a little in skirmish, and the first game had two people spamming hornets and sentinels while the third boosted to scarab. In the second game, there was an unstoppable locust rush that I couldn’t stop, then the next game had the exact same thing, both around the 8-minute mark. I’m new to using banished leaders, but the one difference I noticed was that everything was outrageously expensive, so I’m constantly having shortages of money. Why is that? Anyway, I hope this sudden rise in rushed games is just because people are trying to get their CSR ranks quick or something, and not just because I’m Colony and they’re scared of his late-game strengths. Please post your opinions on this.

Rushing is a viable strategy. Learn to counter rushes. Push an opponent back when they fail a rush. Their forces will be off balance - that’s the weakness of rush strategies. Rushes have always been around, and will always be around. Experiment and learn what to do to protect yourself, or ask specific questions on how to defend and the better members of the community will be happy to help.

> 2533274801664256;2:
> Rushing is a viable strategy. Learn to counter rushes. Push an opponent back when they fail a rush. Their forces will be off balance - that’s the weakness of rush strategies. Rushes have always been around, and will always be around. Experiment and learn what to do to protect yourself, or ask specific questions on how to defend and the better members of the community will be happy to help.

To be clear, I am quite unused to being a banished leader, so as you can expect, I’m quite clumsy. I try to use the same tactics as those I use for Anders, but everything’s so darn expensive, so it’s a lot more slow-going. Why is everything so much more expensive?!?!?!

> 2535449076192416;3:
> > 2533274801664256;2:
> > Rushing is a viable strategy. Learn to counter rushes. Push an opponent back when they fail a rush. Their forces will be off balance - that’s the weakness of rush strategies. Rushes have always been around, and will always be around. Experiment and learn what to do to protect yourself, or ask specific questions on how to defend and the better members of the community will be happy to help.
>
> To be clear, I am quite unused to being a banished leader, so as you can expect, I’m quite clumsy. I try to use the same tactics as those I use for Anders, but everything’s so darn expensive, so it’s a lot more slow-going. Why is everything so much more expensive?!?!?!

Anders is specfically designed to have a strong economy at low cost. That’s her defining advantage. Any other leader will have to be more focused with their spending. Try to alter your play style and be more conservative with your resources when you play with leaders other than Anders. °=)

If they’re attacking at the 8 minute mark that’s not a rush, you should’ve scouted and built a counter by then.

Second, I don’t think there is necessarily a sudden rise in “rushing”. Personally, I never rush, but I always attack around 7:00 or 8:00 minutes on the gameclock. That is very common at the high level.

> 2533274927740213;5:
> If they’re attacking at the 8 minute mark that’s not a rush, you should’ve scouted and built a counter by then.
>
> Second, I don’t think there is necessarily a sudden rise in “rushing”. Personally, I never rush, but I always attack around 7:00 or 8:00 minutes on the gameclock. That is very common at the high level.

I usually do this as well, I feel at 7-8 minutes I am ready to attack. I never think “oh let’s rush them” It’s more about if you are ready to attack/defend or not.

Colony is great at Harassing really early on. I can manage to get out a Hunter Captain and 2 skitterers for him at around 2:20, then start harassing their bases and forcing a reaction from them so they can’t build up. If they let me just keep killing stuff and gain veterancy, it’s game over.

> 2661949065475413;7:
> Colony is great at Harassing really early on. I can manage to get out a Hunter Captain and 2 skitterers for him at around 2:20, then start harassing their bases and forcing a reaction from them so they can’t build up. If they let me just keep killing stuff and gain veterancy, it’s game over.

Thanks! I might just try this, always happy to annoy enemies :slight_smile: