Such an awful Multiplayer it is hilarious.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

After watching the video where that guy hits SR130 (NOT ME, I have a life), I must say I really am just reacting the same as him: Utter hilarity.

There is no motivation to keep playing, nor is there even a reward for grinding out the horrendous levels!

Anyone who is still adamant that this game is good, please direct your attention to this video: Social Skirmish S2 Episode 2 "Thanksgiving Roast" - YouTube

You may think this game is perfect, but the true Halo community are disgusted.

Don’t even bother trying to fix the bugs in this game, it won’t change the fact that at it’s core it is a failure (Multiplayer).

Son, I am dissapoint.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Bump

I hit SR70 a few days ago and I don’t care that I’m not getting EXP. Halo 4 is fun. That number next to your name means absolutely nothing. Play the game.

Title updates are out friends; I am sure it’ll be addressed. If not, 343 is gonna lose a lot of people and its not like their isn’t huge MP competition out there

I watched some of the vid - thanks for that, and the people on there had some excellent points. I’d been wondering about my weapons when I get killed myself, so that makes sense

Clearly some of the hardcore Halo fans are frustrated - having played MP in games like Uncharted,which is a totall lag fest due to 3rd world countries playing with substandard internet, I am thrilled with Halo 4, but having not played Halo 2 or 3 MP, i have nothing to compare too

Someone hit 130 already? I’m sensing a “forever alone” there…

What? You need moar stuff just to keep playing? Guess “for love of the game” doesn’t exist anymore.

The problem is it’s not fun, not for the competitive community.

What’s fun about a bunch of no skill randoms randomly calling in rockets and abusing the god awful respawns?

Weapons need to be fixed so that a team needs to remember respawn times and play as a team to get them.

> Someone hit 130 already? I’m sensing a “forever alone” there…
>
> What? You need moar stuff just to keep playing? Guess “for love of the game” doesn’t exist anymore.

I carried on playing Halo 3 even though I got a 50 in most playlists, ranking isn’t what made me keep playing, it was the fact that I didn’t need to spend 500 hours to get me special AA’s and all this confetti that DOES alter gameplay.

For me, FUN = Being able to completely outskill and destroy the opposing team.

Flame me for being an overcompetitive noob, but it’s the truth.

I’m not a fan of everyone calling in power weapons either. There are too many people running around with rocket launchers and other power weapons. I agree. But the core game play is good. The few problems I have with the game can be fixed with patches. I’m in no hurry, and I’m not about to hop on the “OMG DIS GAME IS HORRIBLE LOL TRUE HALO FANZ NO WUT IM TALKKIN ABOUT OMG” band wagon.

> After watching the video where that guy hits SR130, I must say I really am just reacting the same as him: Utter hilarity.
>
> There is no motivation to keep playing, nor is there even a reward for grinding out the horrendous levels!
>
> Anyone who is still adamant that this game is good, please direct your attention to this video: Social Skirmish S2 Episode 2 "Thanksgiving Roast" - YouTube
>
> <mark>You may think this game is perfect, but the true Halo community are disgusted.</mark>
>
> Don’t even bother trying to fix the bugs in this game, it won’t change the fact that at it’s core it is a failure (Multiplayer).
>
> Son, I am dissapoint.

I watched the whole of that video the other day.
They aren’t disgusted, they are frustrated. They said multiple times that this game “Has so much potential” but there are loads of minor glitches and oversights that combine to make one major problem.

As An Unusual Lemon said in the Halo council, this game is a DIAMOND COVERED IN POOP.

if 343 stripped away all the poop, this game would be amazing.

> The problem is it’s not fun, not for the competitive community.
>
> What’s fun about a bunch of no skill randoms randomly calling in rockets and abusing the god awful respawns?
>
> Weapons need to be fixed so that a team needs to remember respawn times and play as a team to get them.

Stop exaggerating. If i was in a horrific foreplay accident and lost three of my fingers, i would still be able to count the number of times i have seen random rockets on one hand.

this game has some issues for sure, but all of you drama queens try to make it sound unplayable lol.

> I hit SR70 a few days ago and I don’t care that I’m not getting EXP. Halo 4 is fun. That number next to your name means absolutely nothing. Play the game.

Nope, multiplayer has been perfected I’ve played every Halo and this is the best hope the next one is almost the exact same.

10/10 perfect game.

I bet half of these kids complaining there is nothing to do never played halo CE, you know before ranks, or matchmaking, or xp, or rewards… You know back when we played a game because we enjoyed it, not because we were “rewarded” for playing…

you want rewards for your play time? Go play an MMO.

Why so many people fed this troll? He didn’t even have any valid argument. O.o

> I bet half of these kids complaining there is nothing to do never played halo CE, you know before ranks, or matchmaking, or xp, or rewards… You know back when we played a game because we enjoyed it, not because we were “rewarded” for playing…
>
> you want rewards for your play time? Go play an MMO.

I’ve played every Halo game, playing CE and 2 competitively.

I’m not complaining that there is nothing to do, in fact I’m saying that it is stupid that there is a progression system to unlock things.

Armour should come from Achievements, everything else should be fun.

Let me clarify this now: I was not complaining that there was nothing to do. I was complaining that 343 has made a system that is catered towards progression and unlocking things, without even doing that properly.

> Nope, multiplayer has been perfected I’ve played every Halo and this is the best hope the next one is almost the exact same.
>
> 10/10 perfect game.

pls go.

> Someone hit 130 already? I’m sensing a “forever alone” there…
>
> What? You need moar stuff just to keep playing? Guess “for love of the game” doesn’t exist anymore.

“For love of the game” exists so long as there is a way to keep up the longevity of that “love”. Experience points and levels were a good concept of trying to keep the longevity of a game up, but when aspects of a game become null and void (no longer function), some of that “love” is lost in the process. Thus, MM starts to lose that “spark” because those who require that aspect of leveling lose interest, thus turning to other parts of the game, or other games.

In short, leveling is the drive to strive in matchmaking for some, or “for the love of the game”, and when it is gone, the love fades.

> After watching the video where that guy hits SR130, I must say I really am just reacting the same as him: Utter hilarity.
>
> There is no motivation to keep playing, nor is there even a reward for grinding out the horrendous levels!
>
> Anyone who is still adamant that this game is good, please direct your attention to this video: Social Skirmish S2 Episode 2 "Thanksgiving Roast" - YouTube
>
> You may think this game is perfect, <mark>but the true Halo community are disgusted.</mark>
>
> Don’t even bother trying to fix the bugs in this game, it won’t change the fact that at it’s core it is a failure (Multiplayer).
>
> Son, I am dissapoint.

Speak for yourself pal.
Besides, what makes the “real” Halo community? The “competative” folks? Please give me a break here.

Also: what motivation did you need for reaching 130? Kiki Wolfkill personally delivering you a cake while wearing the Princess Leia slave bikini?
You get tons of great bonusses and armor on the way there past level 50, but of course: it is never enough.

Edited by Moderator - Please do not flame/attack others.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

> After watching the video where that guy hits SR130, I must say I really am just reacting the same as him: Utter hilarity.
>
> There is no motivation to keep playing, nor is there even a reward for grinding out the horrendous levels!
>
> Anyone who is still adamant that this game is good, please direct your attention to this video: Social Skirmish S2 Episode 2 "Thanksgiving Roast" - YouTube
>
> You may think this game is perfect, but the true Halo community are disgusted.
>
> Don’t even bother trying to fix the bugs in this game, it won’t change the fact that at it’s core it is a failure (Multiplayer).
>
> Son, I am dissapoint.

You have serious issues if all you play this game for is an imaginary number???
What happened to the days when people played a game because it was fun. GO BACK TO World of Warcraft loser…