Stupidest ranking system ever. Ever.

In slayer…

I just dropped, from a Gold 2 to a mid Gold 1, in 3 games, by being either the best player on both team or one of the 3 bests, with positive KD ranging from 1.5 to 3.5 (last game I had a Killing Frenzy and an Overkill-Extermination and went 28 kills, 9 deaths, so frigging +19!!).

WHY?

BECAUSE I HAD EITHER 2 OR 3 TERRIBLE TEAMMATES, IN EVERY GAMES, THAT HAD KD’S RANGING FROM 0,3 TO 0,7.

So we lost, all 3 games.

Hey, 343, IT’S A SKILL CALCULATOR.

YOU KNOW, TO KNOW MY SKILL.

YOU KNOW, TO GIVE PEOPLE INFORMATION ABOUT THE SKILLS THE PLAYERS INSIDE YOUR TEAM AND THE ENEMY TEAM HAVE, BY CLICKING ON THEIR GAMERTAGS.

That means, theoretically, that an Halo GOD (MLG Pro), could be rated a Bronze or a Silver.

Yeah, your read me well.

Let’s say that the excellent MLG Pro “ROY”, hop in H5 multiplayer alone…

He goes an average of +25 in every games (an average of 26 kills, 1 death), BUT, he wasn’t lucky and lost 10 games in a row because he was matched with terrible teammates with KD’S ranging from 0.2 to 0.8 and played against great players.

After his first 10 games, you click on the MLG PRO, Halo GOD “ROY”, and to your surprise, you see that he’s a… BRONZE.

If this is not a stupid ranking system, I don’t know what is.

An intelligent ranking system would have considered the losses, yeah, of course, but ALSO his individual performances, so that when we click on the guy’s gamertag, we know that there’s an Halo GOD in the game, not a frigging WRONGLY EVALUATED BRONZE PLAYER.

… No?

----------> In B4 “It’s a team game, if your team loose, you deserve to drop!!!”

No, if I look at YOUR gamertag, I want to see if YOU’RE good or not, not if you were lucky and had great teammates in the past, or if you play with OTHER good players that always carry your -Yoink- and made you an ONYX even though you play like a Silver.

I want to know, how good YOU are.

That’s the point of looking at skills in the first place.

Don’t ever forger the source, the basics.

Ever.

lol
rage

You are stupid.

If it would only rank your personal ability and not win-losses, people will start shooting teammates to get sniper and people will always try to get the kill by their ownand there won’t be any kind of teamplay. People will try to get yoink-medals all the time.

Rank system hast to be w/l.

no discussion.

Win/Loss ratio > K/D

Of what use is your K/D if you still lost? A defeat is a defeat. I mostly play alone and individually I’m a very good player, but sometimes my team mates aren’t good, put in a mic and try to coordinate them or something like that.

And btw. you kinda disproved your own point.

> No, if I look at YOUR gamertag, I want to see if YOU’RE good or not, not if you were lucky and had great teammates in the past, or if you play with OTHER good players that always carry your -Yoink- and made you an ONYX even though you play like a Silver.I want to know, how good YOU are.That’s the point of looking at skills in the first place.

If you look at someone’s profile and want to know how good he is, then look at his KDA and precision.

Did you just lost a game or what i sense much rage in this post.

Every player pulls teammates out of the same pool of players. Teammates are not an excuse.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274835715555;3:
> You are stupid.
>
> If it would only rank your personal ability and not win-losses, people will start shooting teammates to get sniper and people will always try to get the kill by their ownand there won’t be any kind of teamplay. People will try to get yoink-medals all the time.
>
> Rank system hast to be w/l.
>
> no discussion.

You’re stupid.

Read again, and see that win/losses should be considered, BUT to know the true skill of a player, it’s more complicated than that.

I just wish that individual performances would ALSO be considered, because it’s the point of clicking on a gamertag, that is, to know if the player is good or not.

Elementary, my dear Watson.

Elementary.

Good players win more games. Pretty simple.

> 2533274862858884;4:
> Win/Loss ratio > K/D
>
> Of what use is your K/D if you still lost? A defeat is a defeat. I mostly play alone and individually I’m a very good player, but sometimes my team mates aren’t good, put in a mic and try to coordinate them or something like that.
>
> And btw. you kinda disproved your own point.
>
>
> > No, if I look at YOUR gamertag, I want to see if YOU’RE good or not, not if you were lucky and had great teammates in the past, or if you play with OTHER good players that always carry your -Yoink- and made you an ONYX even though you play like a Silver.I want to know, how good YOU are.That’s the point of looking at skills in the first place.
>
>
> If you look at someone’s profile and want to know how good he is, then look at his KDA and precision.

Win/Loss ratio + K/D > Only Win/Loss

That’s the point of my post.

NO Its supposed to be a mostly individual rank with your win/loss included if you betrayed to get snipe that’s a -1 or a +1 for enemy. If it was a negative one depending on how you betrayed you would have been insta booted with a massive skill penalty and once it happened enough you were temp banned.

I am choosing not to read all of it because all the cap hurt my eyes.

First: That was how halo 2 was if I remember
second: if you hate awful teammates, don’t match solo

> 2533274805604025;10:
> NO Its supposed to be a mostly individual rank with your win/loss included if you betrayed to get snipe that’s a -1 or a +1 for enemy. If it was a negative one depending on how you betrayed you would have been insta booted with a massive skill penalty and once it happened enough you were temp banned.

What?

> 2533274816948573;9:
> > 2533274862858884;4:
> > Win/Loss ratio > K/D
> >
> > Of what use is your K/D if you still lost? A defeat is a defeat. I mostly play alone and individually I’m a very good player, but sometimes my team mates aren’t good, put in a mic and try to coordinate them or something like that.
> >
> > And btw. you kinda disproved your own point.
> >
> >
> > > No, if I look at YOUR gamertag, I want to see if YOU’RE good or not, not if you were lucky and had great teammates in the past, or if you play with OTHER good players that always carry your -Yoink- and made you an ONYX even though you play like a Silver.I want to know, how good YOU are.That’s the point of looking at skills in the first place.
> >
> >
> >
> > If you look at someone’s profile and want to know how good he is, then look at his KDA and precision.
>
>
> Win/Loss ratio + K/D > Only Win/Loss
>
> That’s the point of my post.

So, it’s almost FFA then? Just maximise kills and boom you rank up?

so wait your mad because you took the risk of playing with randoms lost which in turn made you lose a tier ok. well you lost the obj which is to work as a team and kill the opponents so you should go down

the ranking system is great, you have no clue what your talking about. Omg you dropped down after losing 3 games in a row wtf? :smiley:

> 2533274816948573;7:
> > 2533274835715555;3:
> > You are stupid.
> >
> > If it would only rank your personal ability and not win-losses, people will start shooting teammates to get sniper and people will always try to get the kill by their ownand there won’t be any kind of teamplay. People will try to get yoink-medals all the time.
> >
> > Rank system hast to be w/l.
> >
> > no discussion.
>
>
> You’re stupid.
>
> Read again, and see that win/losses should be considered, BUT to know the true skill of a player, it’s more complicated than that.
>
> I just wish that individual performances would ALSO be considered, because it’s the point of clicking on a gamertag, that is, to know if the player is good or not.
>
> Elementary, my dear Watson.
>
> Elementary.

Anyone can kill. If you can’t call out, map control or work as a team. That is why you lose and if you are always on a losing team your KD doesn’t mean -Yoink-.

Btw. it also matters against which players you loose. I played with a friend who is silver 2 against a Pro and Semi-Pros and we were able to win, he was almost at gold after that game, but my Semi-Pro number didn’t increase that much, because I assume the system expects me to match with other Semi-Pros.

I’ve also had a bad time and lost about 10 games in a row against Pros and Semi-Pros but I didn’t rank down. But I assume if I would get matched up with silvers and loose against them my rank would strongly decline.

> 2533274862858884;13:
> > 2533274816948573;9:
> > > 2533274862858884;4:
> > > Win/Loss ratio > K/D
> > >
> > > Of what use is your K/D if you still lost? A defeat is a defeat. I mostly play alone and individually I’m a very good player, but sometimes my team mates aren’t good, put in a mic and try to coordinate them or something like that.
> > >
> > > And btw. you kinda disproved your own point.
> > >
> > >
> > > > No, if I look at YOUR gamertag, I want to see if YOU’RE good or not, not if you were lucky and had great teammates in the past, or if you play with OTHER good players that always carry your -Yoink- and made you an ONYX even though you play like a Silver.I want to know, how good YOU are.That’s the point of looking at skills in the first place.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > If you look at someone’s profile and want to know how good he is, then look at his KDA and precision.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Win/Loss ratio + K/D > Only Win/Loss
> >
> > That’s the point of my post.
>
>
>
>
> So, it’s almost FFA then? Just maximise kills and boom you rank up?

Not necessarily, but, if it can prevent an excellent player that went +20 IN A SLAYER GAME (slayer game = the positive KD’S of all players = a win) to DROP IN RANKS (if he lost because of crappy teammates) if he was THE BEST IN BOTH TEAMS, yeah at least consider the KD of the guy AND his loss, after all, because of this single, skilled player, the loosing team that he was part of, was still competitive.

Don’t stupidly drop the skill rank of a very skilled player when he was excellent in a particular game, just because his teammates were terrible and ruined the game.
It’s just plain stupid.

At least, if you still want to be strict, respect his high performance and just let him at the level he was before the loss.

The problem with your thinking OP is that putting up better stats than someone doesn’t necessarily make you a better player than someone. Especially considering Halo has power weapons and vehicles.

Sometimes you need to put yourself into a situation that causes you to die so your teammate can secure a PW. That teammate could end up having much better stats than you in that game, but it was your play that was most important.

> 2658598172891867;16:
> > 2533274816948573;7:
> > > 2533274835715555;3:
> > > You are stupid.
> > >
> > > If it would only rank your personal ability and not win-losses, people will start shooting teammates to get sniper and people will always try to get the kill by their ownand there won’t be any kind of teamplay. People will try to get yoink-medals all the time.
> > >
> > > Rank system hast to be w/l.
> > >
> > > no discussion.
> >
> >
> >
> > You’re stupid.
> >
> > Read again, and see that win/losses should be considered, BUT to know the true skill of a player, it’s more complicated than that.
> >
> > I just wish that individual performances would ALSO be considered, because it’s the point of clicking on a gamertag, that is, to know if the player is good or not.
> >
> > Elementary, my dear Watson.
> >
> > Elementary.
>
>
> Anyone can kill. If you can’t call out, map control or work as a team. That is why you lose and if you are always on a losing team your KD doesn’t mean -Yoink-.

Do you seriously think that if I call out (bad players can’t do -Yoink- with great call outs), map control (can’t control the map with bad players) and work as a team with TERRIBLE players, that I will win against 4 great players?

No.

Even if I go +15.

BUT.

If I go + 15 in a loosing SLAYER game AGAINST GREAT PLAYER, at least respect my great implication in the game and AT LEAST let me at the skill level I was before the game, don’t STUPIDLY drop my level…

I was good?

Yes?

Then respect that and don’t drop my hardly earned skill level.

Basic principle.