stupid stuff

Anyone else getting sick of people comparing games to Halo that have nothing in common?

Are you telling me that Halo and Dark Souls have nothing in common!?! They both have main characters… and they both have to save something… yeah! On a serious note I have not seen much of what you are referring to can you give an example of what you are referring to?

I’m referring to this video right here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1oOnsiOst0 wait sorry you can send links but the one I’m talking about is called halo 5 better than overwatch?

it honestly gets super annoying and i wish people would just stop doing it

I haven’t seen much of this kind of stuff… Granted, I don’t really spend much time focusing on YouTubers who do that kind of thing…

it was too hard not to talk about like the guy went to halo waypoint and pissed people off for nothing but a youtube video

I’m sure those videos would annoy me too, if I ever paid any attention to them at all. Which is why I don’t. Maybe you should do the same. I’m sure there are better ways to spend your time

your right but still I just wanted to something about it

Since when does this happen? Maybe people comparing Halo 5 and COD, and well there not wrong.

Nothing compares to halo every game it’s unique at their own way just my opinion

I’d compare it cause overwatch is more related to traditional halo than 343 halo is. It’s why it gets brought up to begin with. Ever look into the sprint or no sprint arguement? How overwatch has no sprint yet it’s probably the most played fps right now and has been for years? Proof that BMS can work and that sprint isn’t done standard that is needed. You can also compare the ttk in various instances as well.

Overwatches hero selection is really really the big noticeable difference between the two but similarities will occur cause halo allowed it to happen in the first place, just like you’d see people comparing CoD to it these days cause halo no longer has a unique identity and has instead copied various games today because “standards”, “it can’t survive without x mechanic”, “it has to stay current”(most laughable one cause mechanics don’t go outdated), etc etc.

> 2533274923562209;11:
> I’d compare it cause overwatch is more related to traditional halo than 343 halo is. It’s why it gets brought up to begin with. Ever look into the sprint or no sprint arguement? How overwatch has no sprint yet it’s probably the most played fps right now and has been for years? Proof that BMS can work and that sprint isn’t done standard that is needed. You can also compare the ttk in various instances as well.
>
> Overwatches hero selection is really really the big noticeable difference between the two but similarities will occur cause halo allowed it to happen in the first place, just like you’d see people comparing CoD to it these days cause halo no longer has a unique identity and has instead copied various games today because “standards”, “it can’t survive without x mechanic”, “it has to stay current”(most laughable one cause mechanics don’t go outdated), etc etc.

I wouldn’t say that Overwatch plays like Halo. They play very, very differently. But I do believe it could be used as inspiration for how the franchise could continue. Halo Reach, 4 and 5 was trying to appeal to the same crowd by adding in elements of the games that they played at the time (CoD and Battlefield come to mind). They tried to make it more familiar to that broader audience.
Overwatch shows us that for a game to succeed it does not need to be similar, but in fact unique. Overwatch was the first FPS game to really play with classes in the way it did (yeah yeah, I know TF2 did it first but Blizzard did it way better), Overwatch was unexpectedly cheesy, and had a series of different charismatic characters, Halo should be following that aspect of being its own thing with brilliant and likeable characters, and I feel that we are heading in that direction with the last two releases being quite different from everything else we’ve seen.

…And this, OP, is why we must compare (and discuss Halo) to dissimilar games. Granted I didn’t watch the video so maybe I dun goofed ¯_(ツ)_/¯

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

You guys are right halo and overwatch do have some things in common but still, it’s kinda stupid to compare to big FPS titles halo has been here since 2001 and it been a great game overwatch was made in 2016 and the overwatch community is full of -Yoink- bags trying to start drama with the people playing other games