Stupid crap people do in Spartan-Ops...

So, been playing a bit of SO lately and have run into some crap that really irks me, so I’ll start off. Feel free to add your own.

• The “AFK” guy: That one guy who stands there melee’ing the wall all game… Or gets a few kills and AFK’s.

• “Whoops, didn’t see you there!”:The one idiot who “accidentally” runs you over… When there’s nothing to kill within 100 yards of you.

• “Lazy M0de”:The other guy who would rather get in the tank gunner seat, doing nothing, as opposed to getting into the OTHER TANK right next to you.

• “Ball Hog Leeroy”:That genius player who runs ahead, grabs all the useful weapons, and wastes all of the ammo on easy-to-kill enemies… Instead of vehicles & tanks later on.

• “It’s not me, it’s you”:When the system pairs you up with only one other person… Who quits as soon as they realize it’s just the two of you.

• Brilliant driving tactics: Rushing ahead in the Gauss Warthog… Straight into a group of elites who all have fuel rod cannons.

I have to go…

Don’t forget the “Noisy Guy” who runs into a group of enemies you could have easily assassinated or from that one mission on Episode 6 where you can sneak around the sleeping grunts and have the cruiser kill everything.

I always play Spartan Ops solo; co-op is no fun with the horrendous lag and the random jerks you run into online.

Spartan Ops isn’t much fun on Legendary either, at least when it comes to vehicle levels; having a half-a-dozen players packing Plasma Pistols and Plasma Grenades is one thing… having 20 Grunts and Elites packing Fuel Rod Cannons is something else.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Hahahaha

>

I do not see how that contributes.
It’s a bunch of jerks, but I can handle it. Until they start destroying every vehicle in the arsenal, leaving me to walk without a mantis.

Why do all of you’s play with randoms in the first place?

Because I don’t have anyone who plays Halo on my FL anymore, don’t turn it on much anymore (playing PC) so most of my old friends removed me. They’d rather be tryhards in matchmaking anyways, instead of just BS’ing in Spartan Ops.

unless you are with friends, always play solo, I remember in halo reach I tried out the Co-op campaign mode online, and I kept getting the same guy on New Alexandria who would drop the falcon and keep killing us, and if I left it counted towards quit ban

Well, I’m doing it for XP. So unless they changed something I have to go into MM to get my 9k per run (fast-track). I’m at 116, trying to hit 130 before the next batch of DLC is out.

> [/li]1. “It’s not me, it’s you”:When the system pairs you up with only one other person… Who quits as soon as they realize it’s just the two of you.
[/quote]
Gotta admit I’ve been guilty of that one. The trouble is, you don’t know its going to be the 2 of you until the system locks you in, and I don’t want to take twice as long completing the mission only to have a heroic completion and have to do it again anyway.

Nah I feel ya, the same thing happens to me. It takes longer and usually gives you 2k less experience. Best case scenario you get somebody good actually does work… Or you get one of those “special” players. lol

I hate players that try to tell me how to play. Some kid tried to tell me the “proper” way to kill Knights by using the plasma pistol to lower their shields. I sprint around them to go for an assassination, it’s how I survived solo Legendary. I looked at his achievements and saw that he hadn’t even completed the game yet. I promptly told him to complete solo Legendary, then come back and tell me how to deal with Knights. If the plasma pistol was actually somewhat effective I would have been doing that.

SpOps AFKers are the WORST. :frowning:

However, I found a way to deal with them. Last AFKer I got, I killed all but one Covie and told him that I wasn’t letting him AFK boost and wouldn’t kill the remaining enemy, and that he had to kill the last Elite.

He decided he’d rather quit than kill one Elite. :stuck_out_tongue:

OP, i’ve been through that quite a few times, lol. Even i tend to get very disappointed. Especially when it came to “hit n’ runs” with AFKers and the Warthogs. However, like Ka Five said, which is the perfect way to get them, lol. I tend to do it a lot, but i always have the 4 person making the final kill, so my luck in doing that isn’t so hot. Go with his strategy and watch how quickly they’ll quit.

> So, been playing a bit of SO lately and have run into some crap that really irks me, so I’ll start off. Feel free to add your own.
>
> - The “AFK” guy: That one guy who stands there melee’ing the wall all game… Or gets a few kills and AFK’s.To me this only means more kills for my challenges
>
> - “Whoops, didn’t see you there!”:The one idiot who “accidentally” runs you over… When there’s nothing to kill within 100 yards of you.I’ve learned to stay away from vehicles when teammates are in them. You should be careful to, true accidents do happen if both of you walk in the wrong direction at the wrong time. Yes I do know people do it on purpose, I’m guilty of doing this to trolls.
>
> - “Lazy M0de”:The other guy who would rather get in the tank gunner seat, doing nothing, as opposed to getting into the OTHER TANK right next to you.Ok more kills
>
> - “Ball Hog Leeroy”:That genius player who runs ahead, grabs all the useful weapons, and wastes all of the ammo on easy-to-kill enemies… Instead of vehicles & tanks later on.This hasn’t really happened to me because I usually grab them and store them for necessary moments.
>
> - “It’s not me, it’s you”:When the system pairs you up with only one other person… Who quits as soon as they realize it’s just the two of you.More for me
>
> - Brilliant driving tactics: Rushing ahead in the Gauss Warthog… Straight into a group of elites who all have fuel rod cannons.
> Yeah, I’ve done that before, both by accident and on purpose
> I have to go…

I don’t play Spops with people because of that