Stud Vs. Forge Is Down (1v1 video)

Hello!

Because this is a new forum I dont think some of you will know me (I know that the migrated halo wars players will but…). I Was called “Studmuffin” on the last halo wars site before it was taken down, I was a active poster along with a active video maker. I make videos of me playing Halo Wars (mostly 1v1) for entertainment, and also to hopefully help you get better. I am a very good player as well. I am 45 TS is both 1v1 and 2v2 (I suck at 3v3 though) so im not just a random guy making videos.

I hope you enjoy them, any advice on my gameplay/questions are welcome along with criticism of my quality of the video or gameplay.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-zG6MrE_wI
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NeuiaZ6miE&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

I would acually like for somone to post why they think I had a hard time in the beginning because i cant really find out why =/

EDIT: I dont know if a mod or just somone could tell me how to change the catagory to “Halo Wars”. Thanks!

> Hello!
>
> Because this is a new forum I dont think some of you will know me (I know that the migrated halo wars players will but…). I Was called “Studmuffin” on the last halo wars site before it was taken down, I was a active poster along with a active video maker. I make videos of me playing Halo Wars (mostly 1v1) for entertainment, and also to hopefully help you get better. I am a very good player as well. I am 45 TS is both 1v1 and 2v2 (I suck at 3v3 though) so im not just a random guy making videos.
>
> I hope you enjoy them, any advice on my gameplay/questions are welcome along with criticism of my quality of the video or gameplay.
>
> Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-zG6MrE_wI
> Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NeuiaZ6miE&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
>
> I would acually like for somone to post why they think I had a hard time in the beginning because i cant really find out why =/
>
> EDIT: I dont know if a mod or just somone could tell me how to change the catagory to “Halo Wars”. Thanks!

I am your 1st viewer haha. and there is a scroll down menu when you post a thread. you pick halowars…

I was kinda hoping to you would comment on the acual video lol. But thanks I’ll remember that next time I make a thread <3

> I was kinda hoping to you would comment on the acual video lol. But thanks I’ll remember that next time I make a thread <3

I commented on both :slight_smile:

I think we need a Halo Wars sub-forum because the Reach junkies might see this and go:

“WHAT FORGE IS DOWN?? NOO I NEED TO FINISH MY MAP!!!”

I said this in the comments section of the video, but I’ll say it here: you should’ve pulled back and turtled as soon as you saw he had no expansion. It would’ve been an easy win. Your micro is great though. I can’t win hog battles like that. That’s why I don’t play anders ;p

I thought about it but decided not to. Not sure why. Woulda been smoother easier win If I did I think though.

Haha…stud…that’s my service tag…STUD. :smiley:

2 things

1. use the name glitch to see if he has an expo/ if he has tech 3. if you have tech 2 and they just got tech 3 ATTACK, but do it within 60 seconds of him getting tech 3. otherwise dont bother and get tech 3 yourself (btw the first time you pushed up i think if you had cryoed you would have won that, also that cryo saved you later on i thought you lost :P)

2. dont be so aggressive when you dont need to be, he didnt have an expo, you did. just keep building units until he attacks and take out his expo if he tries to get one up. forge is down could have won if he actually tried to get an expo while he was attacking you =/

> 1) use the name glitch to see if he has tech 3

How do you do this? like click a reactor you already scouted and see if it says advanced or something?

pretty much, you can also see if a rebel base is destroyed. if it says rebel base when you click A, its still there.

you can also check if they destroyed any buildings, and which building exactly he destroyed.

you can also use it to check if they have fortress/citadel

> pretty much, you can also see if a rebel base is destroyed. if it says rebel base when you click A, its still there.
>
> you can also check if they destroyed any buildings, and which building exactly he destroyed.
>
> you can also use it to check if they have fortress/citadel

I know about rebel buildings, turrets, and destroyed buildings, and hooks.

I didnt know u could tell a reactor changed from regular to advanced just by clicking… also, for the fortress/citadel you just click the main part of the base right?

yep, same thing with supply pads.
not as useful, but its nice to know

Or if you click on a building and nothing comes up, they sold it.

Nice 1v1. Studmuffin we should do some 1v1 videos.

tommorow kk icy?
but to loboz and exlax it didnt seem like that clutch a cryo to me I dont think it was NEEDED but it helped, I normally am very good with the cryo after dealing with hornet slowness and stupidity and banshee’s Boost BS.
and turtling woulda been better but I also have to say that loboz I think he woulda lost faster/easier if he tried expanding means no hornets and if I kept him off my base when he constantly produced and attacked sooner I could easily held him off if he waited to buy a base and the money took outta his units he was in a all in position, which I was to but my all in was keep the base alive or lose his was kill the base or lose.