Stuck using AR and magnum in warzone

It was an interesting anomaly the first time, but now I’m finding that everyone is able to use only the AR and magnum in nearly every game of escape from ARC. Has this been officially acknowledged as a bug to be fixed?

i have the same problem in Noctus

I think it’s the entire REQ system. Because I can’t access ANYTHING in game or from the REQ menu. No store, no packs, can’t even go into my collection. And it’s been this way for about a week and a half now.

It’s annoying and happens alot but on the bright side it helps your ar and pistol commendations

This has been going on for at least month now for me and still has not been resolved! I did post on the forum before but had no response!

Whenever I try to access the Req System from the main menu in any way, for example by pressing ‘y’ to go straight to the req system I get the error ''REQ SERVICE UNAVAILABLE, An eroor occurred when contacting the requisition service, Please try again later’’ I can still play games but with ahuge disadvantage as it will not let me access the req system in game so pointless playing which means I spent money on a useless game and I have been playing halo since the very beginning and am hugely disappointed by this.
I should be going straight to see any req packs I have unlocked or can purchase etc but I j****ust constantly getting the above error message no matter how I access the req systemIt is definitely an in game issue as I have contacted Microsoft multiple times and have tried anything and everything to get this resolved but they have now told me to contact the developer directly which is not easy to do at all. I also expect some form of compensation for the REQ packs I would have received if I was able to play the game!

> 2533274903942172;5:
> This has been going on for at least month now for me and still has not been resolved! I did post on the forum before but had no response!
>
> Whenever I try to access the Req System from the main menu in any way, for example by pressing ‘y’ to go straight to the req system I get the error ''REQ SERVICE UNAVAILABLE, An eroor occurred when contacting the requisition service, Please try again later’’ I can still play games but with ahuge disadvantage as it will not let me access the req system in game so pointless playing which means I spent money on a useless game and I have been playing halo since the very beginning and am hugely disappointed by this.
> I should be going straight to see any req packs I have unlocked or can purchase etc but I j****ust constantly getting the above error message no matter how I access the req systemIt is definitely an in game issue as I have contacted Microsoft multiple times and have tried anything and everything to get this resolved but they have now told me to contact the developer directly which is not easy to do at all. I also expect some form of compensation for the REQ packs I would have received if I was able to play the game!

I’ve been going through literally the exact same thing. No REQs at all, in game or in menu. No after match session data, at all. And it’s been this way for awhile now. You’d think 343 would at least make a public announcement on the matter so we at least KNOW they’re aware and currently looking into solutions. But I haven’t seen anything from Microsoft or 343.

To my understanding, when the game starts, it syncs with the REQ servers to check what you have unlocked, what you can use, etc.

However, sometimes this fails and results in players being unable to use any REQs. The issue is, there isn’t a secondary check as a fail safe in case the initial sync fails, resulting in this issue.

I believe Bravo has acknowledged it on Twitter and have said they are looking into it. The best we can hope for is a patch later this month with the January content update.

This happened to me several times last night.

But whats worse - After a 20 minute Warzone match, being stuck at a screen, staring at a profile view of my Spartan with a screen saying “Retrieving Data” for the whole 30 second intermission - and no controls responding until intermission is complete. THEN, you get NO Req Points from that 20 minute game.

Very frustrating.

> 2533274915349456;8:
> This happened to me several times last night.
>
> But whats worse - After a 20 minute Warzone match, being stuck at a screen, staring at a profile view of my Spartan with a screen saying “Retrieving Data” for the whole 30 second intermission - and no controls responding until intermission is complete. THEN, you get NO Req Points from that 20 minute game.
>
> Very frustrating.

This could be your WiFi, I don’t have the best WiFi and it will do this to me for a couple games and it will eventually give me all my REQ packs , commendations packs, and RP points at one time instead of after every game.
I do find it annoying but if your going to keep playing any ways you can wait to open the packs you get, its not that big of an issue. I’m sure 343 will eventually fix this in an update. Sometimes you got to be patient (especially since its new) the team who made it is always going to mess up nobody is perfect.

No - nobody is perfect.

I’ve tried to isolate as many problems as I can - The XBone is hardwired, 6 ft. from the router, on small business class 125download/75upload

It’s not game breaking, and not at all my biggest gripe - but… it still sucks. And it’s not only myself - I was in a party of 6 people last night, it happened to all of us, simultaneously or individually, multiple times. When a game mode is based around earning req points, it kinda sucks…

I think out of the friends I’ve played with i’m the only one it happened to which is annoying and the WiFi is the only thing i can think of. I haven’t tried hard wiring it yet i might have to do that see if it helps any. If it doesn’t then it is most likely something on there side and they need to fix it as soon as possible.