Struggling.

As someone a little older, I don’t have lightning reflexes like an 18-year old. This update seems to make everything twitchier and more of a reflex shooter constantly.

Over night I went from an above average player who almost never went negative (though rarely hugely positive, career K/D is like 1.3 ish I think), to not being able to kill anyone.

Any suggestions for someone who’s not going to out-controller everyone else? I haven’t gotten owned this badly 5-10 games in a row since the cheating BR days in Halo 2. About ready to break my TV.

Not a fan of upping the ante on virtual insta-kills. I feel like my opponents are playing SWAT and I’m not.

Your name contradicts your thread :o

Aim for the head…strafe…play classic setting custom games where it’s actually possible to strafe…

Well I know I can play the non-new hopper games and I’ll be fine. But that doesn’t help me much when these changes get integrated to whatever extent in the full game.

> Your name contradicts your thread :o

We all slow down in our old age. Sadly, it happens. The tag is as old as online gaming is, I’m old enough to say.

> As someone a little older, I don’t have lightning reflexes like an 18-year old. This update seems to make everything twitchier and more of a reflex shooter constantly.
>
> Over night I went from an above average player who almost never went negative (though rarely hugely positive, career K/D is like 1.3 ish I think), to not being able to kill anyone.
>
> Any suggestions for someone who’s not going to out-controller everyone else? I haven’t gotten owned this badly 5-10 games in a row since the cheating BR days in Halo 2. About ready to break my TV.
>
> Not a fan of upping the ante on virtual insta-kills. I feel like my opponents are playing SWAT and I’m not.

the new TU settign just add a skill gap. Also since the playlist just went up you have a mix of anythign between 10 year halo vets who were 50s in H3 to people who just bought the game. Your best bet is to just play and over time the game will match you up with players of your own skill. You were average pre TU since the game was matchign you up wit players of your own level. Right now there is no distinction. time and hopefully arena esq skill matching will fix this problem.

Its not just you, there are plenty of othe rpeople getting destroyed since 1) halo reach deteriorates past halo skills that the TU now implements 2) the playlists are not stratified by skill yet.

also what your problems demonstrate is the severe need for a rankign system or at the least for arena and its closer skill matching priorities to be implemented across the board minus living dead and action sac n griff. Its fun playing people of your own abilities, not spending a gaem in teh respawn screen or playing people with the halo abilities of decapitated lemmings.