Struggling to find a match/halo population dying.

Hello, I just wanted to ask if anyone else is struggling to find a match? I have open Nat, search preference expanded. I’ve been searching in FFA, team slayer, and team arena and have only been able to find one match in FFA. After just speaking, I got an error message “unable to join there may not be enough players to support a game in this playlist” … Halo population is dying :frowning:

P.S I am onyx level which could be the issue?

What is your XBox Live standing? Are you in good standing (green) or bad (red)?

I am in green.

Could be a combo of your rankings and locale. Dunno that’d be my guess then.

Hi I’m The population thread. Please feed me.

You may be ranked too high, there’s this one YouTuber who is secretly ranked super high in btb and he spends hours trying to find a game but it won’t let him since he’s playing with some of the best players. So you may just be too high a rank to find games.

Hmm this is weird. I dont think Halo 5 population is dying yet.

> 2533274797091891;6:
> > 2533274797091891;6:
> > Hmm this is weird. I dont think Halo 5 population is dying yet.
>
> Yeah^ I’ve been able to find games just fine
> Hmm this is weird. I dont think Halo 5 population is dying yet.

So… Essentially I need to make another account in order to find a match?

I hate kids that alternate account and then destroy people… But I guess that’s going to be me.

Can you give us your general location, OP? That might help us find some answers.

Chicago illinois

I’m finding matches on my other account but it’s not fun destroying kids… Schmitty farmer

> 2533274870180652;1:
> Hello, I just wanted to ask if anyone else is struggling to find a match? I have open Nat, search preference expanded. I’ve been searching in FFA, team slayer, and team arena and have only been able to find one match in FFA. After just speaking, I got an error message “unable to join there may not be enough players to support a game in this playlist” … Halo population is dying :frowning:
>
> P.S I am onyx level which could be the issue?

Onyx has some effect on your matches, but it shouldn’t. I mean if solo Platinum 1-4s can get matched against Onyx players, then you should still be able to find a match.

I think it is a combination of Onyx, low population times like 2am-8am, and connection.

I use focused search and haven’t had any issues finding games. FFA can be a bit slower but I find games.

You could stick to playing the popular playlists or whatever may be hot which right now seems to be Action Sack

It usually just takes a few seconds for me to find a match.

> 2533274870180652;11:
> Chicago illinois

I’m in Chicago too and I’ve never had a problem finding matches on balanced. Granted I’m a platinum, but it seems I always get matched against onyx when I’m solo. Could’ve just been a down time.

I rarely have issues. I’m in Brooklyn, New York so even if I get on at like 3AM there are still kids on the west coast or in Europe that are on. I think it might be your internet connection or your search preference

Search on expanded.

This is the first time I’ve had trouble finding matches on my onyx. Pretty upsetting. I am picking popular playlists like team slayer and team arena and get the error message.