Struggling getting points in Warzone

I get the vast majority of my points killing other players and usually average 25 kills a game which doesn’t yield a ton of points (along with capping bases).
Is there a good tactic for getting the last hit on the bosses? Which guns do you use? Where do you aim to hit the boss? Is there any websites that detail this information? How much is each boss kill worth? I also notice that in some instances multiple people get points for the kill. For example on Battle of Noctus I dropped down below our base to kill the AI that gives points with my other teammates. I throw 2 nades and I’m blasting them with my gun…2 other people got the “kill” and I got 0 points out of it. This is throughly frustrating that its completely RNG at who gets the “last hit” on these bosses and who gets points. Any one got some tips/suggestions to actually get points?
Also is there a defined point in time of when certain bosses spawn? Someone mind breaking this down? Or pointing me to a website that does?

My only tip to you, is spartan laser.

Mostly the weak points are on the backs of the bosses. Usually a shiny/glowy spot. Phaeton weak point is super easy to see and hit from nearly any angle. As far as getting the last hit, you just gotta time it right. I usually defend bases more than anything else, so i don’t get too many boss kills myself, lol.

> 2533274847563380;2:
> My only tip to you, is spartan laser.

Only if I had a bunch of these but I don’t have a single one and I’m level 43.

I prefer killing players rather than ai, but unfortunately it doesn’t yield to many points

> 2533274819836146;1:
> I get the vast majority of my points killing other players and usually average 25 kills a game which doesn’t yield a ton of points (along with capping bases).
> Is there a good tactic for getting the last hit on the bosses? Which guns do you use? Where do you aim to hit the boss? Is there any websites that detail this information? How much is each boss kill worth? I also notice that in some instances multiple people get points for the kill. For example on Battle of Noctus I dropped down below our base to kill the AI that gives points with my other teammates. I throw 2 nades and I’m blasting them with my gun…2 other people got the “kill” and I got 0 points out of it. This is throughly frustrating that its completely RNG at who gets the “last hit” on these bosses and who gets points. Any one got some tips/suggestions to actually get points?
> Also is there a defined point in time of when certain bosses spawn? Someone mind breaking this down? Or pointing me to a website that does?

Getting the last hit on a boss is like playing the lottery, both are rare and nearly impossible to do.

I have before put a whole railgun into bosses and not got any credit for a kill on them, but my team got credit so who cares, we won.

I’ve noticed that the game seems to give the boss points to 3 (or 4?) players on the team that scores the last hit. I suspect that they are the 3 (or 4?) players who do the most damage to the boss in a defined time period before it dies, but I don’t know exactly how it works. I’ve even gotten boss take down points after getting fragged and not being present when the boss actually dies. I will say though that only one team can get the points, which is why the last hit is important.

As far as strategy for getting that last shot in goes, there isn’t a lot you can do but keep firing with the right weapons at the right spots. If you are primarily concerned with scoring the points and victory for your team, a good tactic is to focus less on the bosses and more on the enemy Spartans. They can’t get the last hit if you kill them all. If you want the points for yourself, you’ve just got to use the appropriate strategy for the enemy type and hope for the best. Each boss has weaknesses/weakpoints that they share with their non boss variants though, so one thing you could do is play some campaign levels to practice taking down different types of enemies.

For example, as I am sure you know, Elites are weak to energy weapons in general and vulnerable to head shots. Going after some of the earlier Elite bosses with stuff like Plasma grenades, Needlers, Storm rifles or even Plasma pistol/noob combo (which you can pick up without a Req from the enemies in your base or the armory) can net you some quick points.

Like every Halo game, Hunters are most vulnerable to UNSC projectile weapons from behind, but you’ll probably need teamwork to make that happen as they’ll stay facing you if you go after them alone. They tend to spawn in areas with cover, so clambering on top of objects and jumping behind them while they are focused on other Spartans can help, just don’t get too close cause they’ll one hit melee you very quickly. One useful tip, Ground Pounding a Hunter stuns them for a couple seconds, which can create opportunities for teammates to surround them.

Prometheans are tougher in the sense that it is harder to hit their weak points right off the bat, you’ve got to chip away their armor first. I’ve observed that Soldiers seem to lose their armor a little faster when hit with Promethean weapons like the Suppressor and the Boltshot, and once they lose their armor, UNSC projectile weapons at the glowing spots seem particularly effective. Knights start with two glowing weak points around the armpit that can be targeted with precision weapons like the BR/Pistol/DMR and after that a primary weak spot on the back that is easier to hit if you can get behind them.

Vehicles (besides the Phaeton) are tough because you can’t mount or hijack them, tend to move quickly and they don’t really have easy to hit weak spots, so heavy weapons are your best bet if you can Req them. If you can’t, try taking down enemy Spartans who have them and are focused on the boss. Phaetons have an obvious glowing weak spot that is easy to hit with pretty much any mid to long range weapon.

Warden Eternal doesn’t seem particularly weak to any type of weapon, and his only weak point is the glowing bit on his back. But he’s so tough and quick, is usually surrounded by so many Knights/enemy Spartans and has so many devastating attacks that it is hard to take advantage of that. I’ve gotten a few Warden takedowns and generally just try to Req my biggest gun and just keep shooting. If his health is low enough though, he can be assassinated, which is probably the most surefire way to score the last hit. Good luck getting close enough to do that in all the chaos that usually surrounds him though. I’ve yet to see it happen in person.

Keep in mind though that all of the bosses are a lot tougher than their corresponding normal unit type. They are all bullet sponges, for better or worse, so even if you are exploiting their weaknesses you might still struggle to take them down on your own. Ultimately the best boss tactic is to work with a small group of teammates.

There are specific times and locations for the boss spawns, you can find them pretty easily online by googling.

> 2533274820862397;6:
> > 2533274819836146;1:
> > I get the vast majority of my points killing other players and usually average 25 kills a game which doesn’t yield a ton of points (along with capping bases).
> > Is there a good tactic for getting the last hit on the bosses? Which guns do you use? Where do you aim to hit the boss? Is there any websites that detail this information? How much is each boss kill worth? I also notice that in some instances multiple people get points for the kill. For example on Battle of Noctus I dropped down below our base to kill the AI that gives points with my other teammates. I throw 2 nades and I’m blasting them with my gun…2 other people got the “kill” and I got 0 points out of it. This is throughly frustrating that its completely RNG at who gets the “last hit” on these bosses and who gets points. Any one got some tips/suggestions to actually get points?
> > Also is there a defined point in time of when certain bosses spawn? Someone mind breaking this down? Or pointing me to a website that does?
>
>
> Getting the last hit on a boss is like playing the lottery, both are rare and nearly impossible to do.

Do you know how you get “points” for the kills? For example, is it considered an assist where multiple people will get 250 points or is that just pure luck as well?

Sadly in warzone the points system is mega borked, its not that you get points in the system, it matters that your team gets the points. I don’t like it, but that’s how it is unfortunately :confused:

> 2533274819836146;9:
> > 2533274820862397;6:
> > > 2533274819836146;1:
> > > I get the vast majority of my points killing other players and usually average 25 kills a game which doesn’t yield a ton of points (along with capping bases).
> > > Is there a good tactic for getting the last hit on the bosses? Which guns do you use? Where do you aim to hit the boss? Is there any websites that detail this information? How much is each boss kill worth? I also notice that in some instances multiple people get points for the kill. For example on Battle of Noctus I dropped down below our base to kill the AI that gives points with my other teammates. I throw 2 nades and I’m blasting them with my gun…2 other people got the “kill” and I got 0 points out of it. This is throughly frustrating that its completely RNG at who gets the “last hit” on these bosses and who gets points. Any one got some tips/suggestions to actually get points?
> > > Also is there a defined point in time of when certain bosses spawn? Someone mind breaking this down? Or pointing me to a website that does?
> >
> >
> > Getting the last hit on a boss is like playing the lottery, both are rare and nearly impossible to do.
>
>
> Do you know how you get “points” for the kills? For example, is it considered an assist where multiple people will get 250 points or is that just pure luck as well?

I thought there was a RP or XP boost option just when the Session is starting up so that at the end you could collect points or at least I thought that was how it worked.

> 2533274847563380;10:
> Sadly in warzone the points system is mega borked, its not that you get points in the system, it matters that your team gets the points. I don’t like it, but that’s how it is unfortunately :confused:

Yeah, that is what it seems like. Even when I prep up and use a req or something to try and get a kill (like a railgun) I’ll blow the AI up with a full railgun, I won’t hit him at the “perfect time” and he will just die and I get 0 points while 3 or 4 other people will get the 250 points. It is extremely frustrating.

I was hoping there was a list of “best guns” that did the most damage to a boss or certain bosses.

> 2533274820862397;11:
> > 2533274819836146;9:
> > > 2533274820862397;6:
> > > > 2533274819836146;1:
> > > > I get the vast majority of my points killing other players and usually average 25 kills a game which doesn’t yield a ton of points (along with capping bases).
> > > > Is there a good tactic for getting the last hit on the bosses? Which guns do you use? Where do you aim to hit the boss? Is there any websites that detail this information? How much is each boss kill worth? I also notice that in some instances multiple people get points for the kill. For example on Battle of Noctus I dropped down below our base to kill the AI that gives points with my other teammates. I throw 2 nades and I’m blasting them with my gun…2 other people got the “kill” and I got 0 points out of it. This is throughly frustrating that its completely RNG at who gets the “last hit” on these bosses and who gets points. Any one got some tips/suggestions to actually get points?
> > > > Also is there a defined point in time of when certain bosses spawn? Someone mind breaking this down? Or pointing me to a website that does?
> > >
> > >
> > > Getting the last hit on a boss is like playing the lottery, both are rare and nearly impossible to do.
> >
> >
> > Do you know how you get “points” for the kills? For example, is it considered an assist where multiple people will get 250 points or is that just pure luck as well?
>
>
> I thought there was a RP or XP boost option just when the Session is starting up so that at the end you could collect points or at least I thought that was how it worked.

There is, you get them out of REQ packs but I’m not sure what this has to do with getting kills or points for kills of AI in the WZ match. Those are only good for getting additional points after the match I thought.

I’ve found the Beam Rifle is good for getting the last hit on bosses, but if you don’t have that any precision weapon (BR, DMR, even the SMG) can work well when paired with a damage boost and careful timing.

Also just because you’re lower on the scoreboard doesn’t mean you contributed any less. I would rather be the guy with 20-30 kills in 7th place as opposed to the guy with 5 kills in first, since he was basically emptying magazines into bullet-sponge enemies while you were enabling him to do so by keeping the enemy team bogged down at their spawn.

The best way to earn points is to communicate and co-ordinate with your team.

> 2601632999026533;15:
> The best way to earn points is to communicate and co-ordinate with your team.

This. I always get a lot more points, RP and XP when I talk and my teammates talk back. Halo 5 is much more focused on teamwork than previous games.

To get points I focus on taking out bosses. For knights I would suggest wait till you see their week spot and then let them have it with a sniper or railgun. For hunters I will hide behind a box and wait for them to turn around then sword them in the back (if they are full health it may take a few swings).

> 2533274819836146;1:
> I get the vast majority of my points killing other players and usually average 25 kills a game which doesn’t yield a ton of points (along with capping bases).
> Is there a good tactic for getting the last hit on the bosses? Which guns do you use? Where do you aim to hit the boss? Is there any websites that detail this information? How much is each boss kill worth? I also notice that in some instances multiple people get points for the kill. For example on Battle of Noctus I dropped down below our base to kill the AI that gives points with my other teammates. I throw 2 nades and I’m blasting them with my gun…2 other people got the “kill” and I got 0 points out of it. This is throughly frustrating that its completely RNG at who gets the “last hit” on these bosses and who gets points. Any one got some tips/suggestions to actually get points?
> Also is there a defined point in time of when certain bosses spawn? Someone mind breaking this down? Or pointing me to a website that does?

If you don’t have any good reqs the best thing you can do is try and keep the enemy team occupied.

I get most of my points by killing bosses or capturing/defending bases together with my team. To me it’s more important to win the entire game than getting a lot of Spartan kills.
If there are no bosses to take down, I stay in the background and support my team with the BR (I’m really bad at close corner combat).

Start the matching by trying to kill as many AI in your home base as possible once secured move to cap your next objective. If you killing enough AI in your home base and are credited for caputering the first objective you should be req level 3 or close. Keep in mind AI objectives usually drop 2 minutes into each match with 2 minute intervals between drops witch can also come in handy to boost your Req level. Once you acquire Req level 3 it’s more up to your play style. You can now equip you BRs, weaponized vehicles, and power ups. Keep in mind most AI objective drop on two minute intervals and some lower level AIs can be taken out fast and easily so get there first and set up your ambush.

Killing legendary bosses:
Vehicles work best from my experience but each AI has different weakness and vulnerabilities. If you don’t have a power weapon use a weapon that grants head shots, kill stealing bosses works similar to matchmaking. Once the health is low make sure your aiming at there weak spots.

While power weapons are great for lowering heath on legendary bosses, quite often you will not finish them off so it’s good to use a weapon or vehicle with high rate of fire to better your odds of scoring the final blow.