Strongholds=No Radar

I believe radar kills the strongholds gametype. You can’t be that sneaky flanking ninja. People crouch near a stronghold and just watch radar. Meaning they see you on their radar when you approach they align their aim, choose the weapon for specific range, jump out from beside you and spray you with AR/SMG/Storm. I really think this Gametype would take a lot more teamwork without radar.

If you know what other players are doing in stronghold, why don’t you change your play-style to fit it? If the enemy does the same thing every time, it is extremely easy to counter. Here I’ll give you the first thing you should try: Throw a grenade into the zone before you enter it. Don’t worry, you spawn with two.

> 2533274824485044;2:
> If you know what other players are doing in stronghold, why don’t you change your play-style to fit it? If the enemy does the same thing every time, it is extremely easy to counter. Here I’ll give you the first thing you should try: Throw a grenade into the zone before you enter it. Don’t worry, you spawn with two.

Lol thanks for the advise now why don’t you tell me why radar should be in strongholds?

> 2535418262439483;3:
> > 2533274824485044;2:
> > If you know what other players are doing in stronghold, why don’t you change your play-style to fit it? If the enemy does the same thing every time, it is extremely easy to counter. Here I’ll give you the first thing you should try: Throw a grenade into the zone before you enter it. Don’t worry, you spawn with two.
>
>
> Lol thanks for the advise now why don’t you tell me why radar should be in strongholds?

To counter your question - why SHOULDN’T it be? :stuck_out_tongue:
Spartans have radar as part of their HUD. Simple.

2 million dollar tournament will be played on this Gametype and I think radar should have no part in deciding the winner

The argument could be used for all Arena game modes. The radar has been nerfed significantly that it is basically a no issue.

Your team should be looking after their strongholds. If someone sneaks into the point, then your team isn’t doing a good enough job that they deserve the point.
There isnt any points that are hidden, they are all open space with minimal cover. So regardless if there is a radar or not the player is made obvious by the attack notification on the point.

> 2535418262439483;3:
> > 2533274824485044;2:
> > If you know what other players are doing in stronghold, why don’t you change your play-style to fit it? If the enemy does the same thing every time, it is extremely easy to counter. Here I’ll give you the first thing you should try: Throw a grenade into the zone before you enter it. Don’t worry, you spawn with two.
>
>
> Lol thanks for the advise now why don’t you tell me why radar should be in strongholds?

> 2533274971171822;4:
> > 2535418262439483;3:
> > > 2533274824485044;2:
> > > If you know what other players are doing in stronghold, why don’t you change your play-style to fit it? If the enemy does the same thing every time, it is extremely easy to counter. Here I’ll give you the first thing you should try: Throw a grenade into the zone before you enter it. Don’t worry, you spawn with two.
> >
> >
> > Lol thanks for the advise now why don’t you tell me why radar should be in strongholds?
>
>
> To counter your question - why SHOULDN’T it be? :stuck_out_tongue:
> Spartans have radar as part of their HUD. Simple.

Giggity

Why not just remove the HUD entirely so you have to memorize where the capture points are for every map and there’s no indicator to let you know when the enemy is stealing a point and which ones they control.

Because Radar was never used in Tournament Gametypes

> 2535418262439483;9:
> Because Radar was never used in Tournament Gametypes

Radar has always been in the game. Its not something that’s this new, crazy, or overpowered in the game. If you believe Radar is too much of a strength, apply to yourself and utilize it as your strength. Having 343I change a game-type to fit your needs is ludicrous. Plus, the radar is like having a band aid for a gun-shot wound, basically useless.

> 2533274824485044;10:
> > 2535418262439483;9:
> > Because Radar was never used in Tournament Gametypes
>
>
> Radar has always been in the game. Its not something that’s this new, crazy, or overpowered in the game. If you believe Radar is too much of a strength, apply to yourself and utilize it as your strength. Having 343I change a game-type to fit your needs is ludicrous. Plus, the radar is like having a band aid for a gun-shot wound, basically useless.

Well they aren’t my needs, almost all competing in HCS believe their shouldn’t be a radar. And it’s definantly not useless I explained in my OP how it is used

If you’re trying to be sneaky ninja, crouch walk. They won’t see you on their radar.
Maybe I’m wrong but I have a feeling that removing radar would turn the strongholds themselves into points of mad grenade spam and sprinting in, spamming machine guns, and spartan charges. Sure, the professionals wouldn’t play like that in a tournament because it’s ridiculous and unpredictable, so no radar for them is fine. But removing it in the public matchmade game type? Yeah most of the players out there aren’t thinking sensically.

> 2533274802029738;12:
> If you’re trying to be sneaky ninja, crouch walk. They won’t see you on their radar.
> Maybe I’m wrong but I have a feeling that removing radar would turn the strongholds themselves into points of mad grenade spam and sprinting in, spamming machine guns, and spartan charges. Sure, the professionals wouldn’t play like that in a tournament because it’s ridiculous and unpredictable, so no radar for them is fine. But removing it in the public matchmade game type? Yeah most of the players out there aren’t thinking sensically.

Well I think it’s at least worth a test

> 2535418262439483;11:
> > 2533274824485044;10:
> > > 2535418262439483;9:
> > > Because Radar was never used in Tournament Gametypes
> >
> >
> > Radar has always been in the game. Its not something that’s this new, crazy, or overpowered in the game. If you believe Radar is too much of a strength, apply to yourself and utilize it as your strength. Having 343I change a game-type to fit your needs is ludicrous. Plus, the radar is like having a band aid for a gun-shot wound, basically useless.
>
>
> Well they aren’t my needs, almost all competing in HCS believe their shouldn’t be a radar. And it’s definantly not useless I explained in my OP how it is used

almost all competing in HCS believe their shouldn’t be a radar.” So the 99% others that are playing shouldn’t be taken into consideration?

> 2535418262439483;1:
> I believe radar kills the strongholds gametype. You can’t be that sneaky flanking ninja. People crouch near a stronghold and just watch radar. Meaning they see you on their radar when you approach they align their aim, choose the weapon for specific range, jump out from beside you and spray you with AR/SMG/Storm. I really think this Gametype would take a lot more teamwork without radar.

Lol if you can’t kill an enemy off a stronghold you are a noob and that’s your fault not the radar. Here’s a hint, use grenades, move faster, the radar is only 18 meters, at full Sprint with thruster pack you can cover that distance in about one second. Also you have the benefit of knowing exactly where they are, and the freedom of attacking from any direction. Capturing a stronghold, especially by yourself, makes you extremely vulnerable, if you are getting killed by these players who are at a complete disadvantage strategically, you need to step up your game.

> 2533274802029738;12:
> If you’re trying to be sneaky ninja, crouch walk. They won’t see you on their radar.
> Maybe I’m wrong but I have a feeling that removing radar would turn the strongholds themselves into points of mad grenade spam and sprinting in, spamming machine guns, and spartan charges. Sure, the professionals wouldn’t play like that in a tournament because it’s ridiculous and unpredictable, so no radar for them is fine. But removing it in the public matchmade game type? Yeah most of the players out there aren’t thinking sensically.

Thus far this is the only decent counter-argument to removing radar. Except for the part about crouch walking, in an ideal competitive setting its simply not viable, especially with all these new mobility options.

> 2535418262439483;5:
> 2 million dollar tournament will be played on this Gametype and I think radar should have no part in deciding the winner

Are you going to be part of said 2 million dollar tournament - pry not - so doesn’t matter what you think. If you think cheesy radar play will allow inferior players to win a match - you are wrong. Radar or no radar, check the corners as you go - if you don’t - you’re either lazy, oblivious to your surroundings, or you just don’t care enough to try and win. The radar in this game is tiny already - it’s about 5 spartan steps - it has almost no impact in arena. BTB has 25 meter radar if i remember right - much more useful. Whether you like it or not - reading a radar and reacting is a skill. Some people can only do that and are not good in the open.

Oh another thing - you can hear footsteps in this game. If you are aware like me and know where your teammates are - it’s easy to know when someone is near. If you have a headset like turtle beach or just surround sound on your tv - you can hear the footsteps in left or right ear - telling you the direction your opponent is. Just because someone is crouching and guarding a stronghold (legitimate strat whether you like it or not) - doesn’t even mean they NEED radar to kill you.