Strongholds =/=Dominion

Alright so I just played my first game of stronghold and I gotta saw,wow. I saw couple threads of ppl mad because “this is not COD” and tbh with territories and King of the hill always been a part of halo, I don’t see what’s wrong with it specially if players who enjoy COD want something familiar to play.

Now I don’t know if it’s because the rank is up and running or I magically got placed in a game where both teams were equality matched. But it was intense and a lot of fun. I don’t know if it was because thanks to the new mobility the bases were not that far from each other, or maybe it’s the fact that you only score when you control 2 of the 3 ( that alone makes it more competitive than dominion in my honest opinion) base but it’s kept me engaged the whole time. You’d think them being close and having sprint would hurt the game time but now at all. You cannot run to defend or capture a base after an encounter like a maniac because you’ll show up with no shields. I really like the scoring mechanic makes having all 3 on lock down much more rewarding

What are your thoughts of the game type?

I actually enjoy Stronghold. However, having to control 2 spots in order to get points is a little unfair. Most games I play are shutouts. Once one team has two, it’s game over for the team with one. As soon as they take a second one, their original one will be controlled by the other team. I’ve been on both sides of the shutout. I think the closest game I ever had was 100-40.

I understand that 343i want to make a game type similar to other King of the Hill and Domination game types with their own spin on it, but it’s sad when you know how the game is going to end 30 seconds after it starts.

> 2552039788849114;2:
> I actually enjoy Stronghold. However, having to control 2 spots in order to get points is a little unfair. Most games I play are shutouts. Once one team has two, it’s game over for the team with one. As soon as they take a second one, their original one will be controlled by the other team. I’ve been on both sides of the shutout. I think the closest game I ever had was 100-40.
>
> I understand that 343i want to make a game type similar to other King of the Hill and Domination game types with their own spin on it, but it’s sad when you know how the game is going to end 30 seconds after it starts.

Yeaa that’s true final count usually looks one sided. But hmmm how would you score it? Point instead of seconds??

Um… in my experience bases can switch a lot …

> 2552039788849114;2:
> I actually enjoy Stronghold. However, having to control 2 spots in order to get points is a little unfair. Most games I play are shutouts. Once one team has two, it’s game over for the team with one. As soon as they take a second one, their original one will be controlled by the other team. I’ve been on both sides of the shutout. I think the closest game I ever had was 100-40.
>
> I understand that 343i want to make a game type similar to other King of the Hill and Domination game types with their own spin on it, but it’s sad when you know how the game is going to end 30 seconds after it starts.

The closest game I’ve ever had was 94-100 them. We had 94 and they had 60, and they went on a huge spree and beat us. I got so mad.
So that’s just your luck and skill.

> 2533274877056440;5:
> > 2552039788849114;2:
> > I actually enjoy Stronghold. However, having to control 2 spots in order to get points is a little unfair. Most games I play are shutouts. Once one team has two, it’s game over for the team with one. As soon as they take a second one, their original one will be controlled by the other team. I’ve been on both sides of the shutout. I think the closest game I ever had was 100-40.
> >
> > I understand that 343i want to make a game type similar to other King of the Hill and Domination game types with their own spin on it, but it’s sad when you know how the game is going to end 30 seconds after it starts.
>
>
> The closest game I’ve ever had was 94-100 them. We had 94 and they had 60, and they went on a huge spree and beat us. I got so mad.
> So that’s just your luck and skill.

Ha, we’re you on my team for that? I had two or three games identical to that. Another ga me went 99-100 from 99-0ish. Much like breakout, teams are a huge factor in this mode.

Personally, I think this is why I am enjoying the betable so much, even not having team games (tend to just play every so often on my own schedule due to work). Even when I’m on a losing streak, I don’t get bored. Probably goes with the fact that I don’t care about rank much (the halo 2/3 days killed that part of me lol).