Stronger Vehicles for Halo 5

While ignoring the glaring problem of the plasma pistol and plasma grenades in loadouts, something we really need for Halo 5 is stronger vehicles. Remember in Halo 3 how you could empty all the battle rifle ammo found on the map into a warthog and still have it come out looking fine? Vehicles used to be an actual threat and required teamwork to take down. Now all they are are a guaranteed death trap, perfect for dying within a minute of mounting. In Halo 4 it feels like all you need is to empty half a DMR magazine into a ghost to make it explode.

What we really need for Halo 5 is for them to be more durable as they were in Halo 2/3. This doesn’t necessarily imply that the weapons need to be stronger; they are fine at the moment.
Vehicular combat has always defined Halo; that needs to come back for Halo 5.

I want them like CE :stuck_out_tongue: jk but I would love them to be more durable

Vehicular combat was one of my favorite aspects in Halo 3.

It was just so…perfect.

We need it back.

> Vehicular combat was one of my favorite aspects in Halo 3.
>
> It was just so…perfect.
>
> We need it back.

Combine that with a great vehicle map (Blood Gulch, anybody?) and Halo 5 would be golden for BTB :slight_smile:

> > Vehicular combat was one of my favorite aspects in Halo 3.
> >
> > It was just so…perfect.
> >
> > We need it back.
>
> Combine that with a great vehicle map (Death Island, anybody?) and Halo 5 would be golden for BTB :slight_smile:

fixed

I agree. Loadout weapons shouldn’t be capable of destroying a vehicle with just a few seconds of teamshooting, and Snipers should NOT be able to do the amount of damage they do. It unbalances the gameplay and makes vehicles virtually useless.

i like the vehilce durability of 2 and reach in 4 they were weak and 3 a little to strong and practically always landed right side up even if you flipped them. i think the sniper should still be effective against vehicles, but only deal massive damage if you shoot important areas like when you shot the engines in halo 2. i never got why they took that out.

I don’t think vehicles are necessarily that much weaker in Halo Reach and 4, rather, vehicular combat is not as fun because vehicles can’t regenerate health and weapons have too great a range. For future BTB settings, some option should be made available to fix damaged vehicles, and long range weapons should be placed on the map.

Seeing as passengers in a warthog are exposed it seems silly that the warthog its self is vulnerable to small arms fire. A warthog has lots of counters, flipping, explosives, precision shooting, emp, it doesn’t need to be a ticking time bomb.

> > > Vehicular combat was one of my favorite aspects in Halo 3.
> > >
> > > It was just so…perfect.
> > >
> > > We need it back.
> >
> > Combine that with a great vehicle map (Death Island, anybody?) and Halo 5 would be golden for BTB :slight_smile:
>
> fixed

Now that would be awesome.

We need all the vehicles from Halo 3 back exactly as they were, which was perfect.

I went back to Halo 3 and did an experiment.

Did you know that a single plasma grenade will destroy a warthog? Or a Chopper?

If vehicles are to return to how they were in Halo 2/3, we NEED to remove plasma pistols and plasma grenades from the loadouts, like you said.

> I went back to Halo 3 and did an experiment.
>
> Did you know that a single plasma grenade will destroy a warthog? Or a Chopper?
>
> If vehicles are to return to how they were in Halo 2/3, we NEED to remove plasma pistols and plasma grenades from the loadouts, like you said.

Wow the irony here…

Now this is funny!

> > >
> > >
> > > We need it back.
> >
> > Combine that with a great vehicle map (Sandtrap, anybody?) and Halo 5 would be golden for BTB :slight_smile:
>
> fixed

fixed

IMO the vehicle combat was okay in Halo 4. Did any of you play the new gametype in BTIS where there are no custom loadouts? It just proved to me that the problem was Plasma Pistol and Plasma Grenade starts.

That said, Halo 3’s vehicle combat was perfect. I would definitely like 343i to look back at that game when it comes to vehicles. We need variety again, not just the basics and a Mantis. The list of vehicles in multiplayer needs to increase meaningfully.

It takes about a clip and a half to kill a ghost with a DMR I think…should not be that way.

> > >
> > >
> > > We need it back.
> >
> > Combine that with a great vehicle map (Death Island, anybody?) and Halo 5 would be golden for BTB :slight_smile:
>
> fixed

Why thank you good sir, I can’t believe it slipped my mind! Though Blood Gulch is obviously essential ;).

I want them to have stronger armor, but more powerful. In H4, vehicles are both weak in terms of armor and combat capability.

In halo3 there were missle pods, brute shots, trip mines, power drains, gravity hammers, rockets and a easier laser

If they’re made tougher, then we need more weapons to counter them. If someone can get in a tank an obliterate everyone, it’s not really fair, but if you’ve got lots of Rocket Launchers and Spartan Lasers, they counter it. So if they make vehicles stronger, they need to make guns stronger as well or else it will become to unbalanced.