strict loadouts

The more and more I think about loadouts, the more and more i think it’ll add a breath of fresh air to Halo… I think in Reach it worked fine, sometimes…like getting to choose between DMR and Needler Rifle made encounters predictable in concept. You didn’t know what your enemy had for sure but you did know that you wanted to stay a good distance away from him and act like a sniper with your shots. Although sometimes I think it didn’t work out.

I think if Halo 4 worked out the same way that’d be fine with me. Like a poster said earlier in the week, the annoying thing about Halo is you hear about all these UNSC weapons yet your only able to play with one pistol, one shotgun, one assault rifle… etc.
I think loadouts will expand that a bit.

We already know as Halo players to stay at least a warthog’s distance away from a player so if 343 can give you a few weapons to choose from that are justifiable to be starting weapons and can only kill about the distance from a warthog then that should be okay. This to me still leaves in that classic “knowing what your opponent has, although you don’t know it exhaustively”… you still know the concept of staying a good distance from them.

I think if it can work like Gears to were you get to choose from an AR/scoped SMG/(maybe a new weapon here) on one side/ and your pistol esque class on the other side: 4 shot Halo 2 pistol, 5 shot pistol with scope (just like in Reach), mauler…

The same concept applies. Stay a good distance away.
One of the problems with starting off with the same weapons is it doesn’t make good use of the sandbox, leads to an overabundance of weapons on the map, and after years of the same thing leads to stale gameplay…

Hopefully we can have a friendly discussion about this

Yeah, I mean they can work well if they meet in the middle.

They need to be different and somewhat unique to maintain the reason of a load out and also bring that additional feature to the game.

But they also need to be balanced and not one sided.

The way they can work if each load out is only slightly different but enough to form a option of choice.

In Reach this didn’t go all too well as you had Jetpack or Sprint. They are completey different abilities, sure they give their own advantage depending on the scenario but it was just too much.

I expect to see a choice of similar weapons e.g DMR or BR or Needle Rifle

As for the abilities or perks I will not speculate because I know nothing about them. That can be for another time.

> Yeah, I mean they can work well if they meet in the middle.
>
> They need to be different and somewhat unique to maintain the reason of a load out and also bring that additional feature to the game.
>
> But they also need to be balanced and not one sided.
>
> The way they can work if each load out is only slightly different but enough to form a option of choice.
>
> In Reach this didn’t go all too well as you had Jetpack or Sprint. They are completey different abilities, sure they give their own advantage depending on the scenario but it was just too much.
>
> I expect to see a choice of similar weapons e.g DMR or BR or Needle Rifle
>
> As for the abilities or perks I will not speculate because I know nothing about them. That can be for another time.

Yeah, i’m kind of iffy about perks. :confused: It’s something i always thought would be cool if it was implemented well and gave you a slight advantage over your opponent.