Strategising

Hey guys. I posted this thread on halowars.com as Strategy Making. I really don’t want to go through it again, but the jist of it is everyone to post their strategy, like this:

Leader/Species
Method
Certain Map (Optional)
There we go guys, now you can take bits from strategies and add them together to make a unique strategy. That’s how I made my ultimate strategy. If you look on halowars.com before it closes down you can see it, but please don’t post on halowars.com as I will no longer check on it. I will however post here, so get strategising!

On Exile be Forge and expand right away. Then expand 2 more times when you have enough money. After you get 4 bases up and running with all heavy supply pads, make a reactor so you can make cyclops. Send them over to the nearest enemy base and rush them. My rush usually is around 20 - 25 minutes in with 5 or so cyclops.

As Cutter, immediately build a reactor at the start of the game. Then proceed to MAC blast any base not covered by the fog of war. You’ve just harassed that person.

> As Cutter, immediately build a reactor at the start of the game. Then proceed to MAC blast any base not covered by the fog of war. You’ve just harassed that person.

In 3v3 have all your teammates be Cutter. Build a reactor and collect a few resources (until you have 600) then everyone go to the weakest base and mac blast it. Try and ram that person’s hog so it dies and he gets defeated.

(Doesn’t really work on Exile because of the free bases. Also doesn’t work on anyone good.)

Afterward blow up your reactors and build supply pads, then try and muster an early army to wipe out the remaining 2 people.

Congratulations, you’ve just MAC rushed someone.

> > As Cutter, immediately build a reactor at the start of the game. Then proceed to MAC blast any base not covered by the fog of war. You’ve just harassed that person.
>
> In 3v3 have all your teammates be Cutter. Build a reactor and collect a few resources (until you have 600) then everyone go to the weakest base and mac blast it. Try and ram that person’s hog so it dies and he gets defeated.
>
> (Doesn’t really work on Exile because of the free bases. Also doesn’t work on anyone good.)
>
> Afterward blow up your reactors and build supply pads, then try and muster an early army to wipe out the remaining 2 people.
>
> Congratulations, you’ve just MAC rushed someone.

That’s a cheap rush. At least mine can be countered by grizzlies.

Woot great strats guys. Make sure to keep em comin. Like This one:

Captain Cutter Only

First, buy 4 supply pads, two reactors and a barracks. Upgrade one reactor, then fully upgrade marines to make em’ ODSTs. Buy 5 squads, then buy an Elephant. Build some turrets on your base, then recycle the normal reactor and replace it with a field armoury. Fully upgrade the MAC blast and turrets. Get the reinforcements 'grade, then send your units to the enemy. Stop at every base/base build site and take it down, replacing it with a base of your own. Use ODST drop pods as much as possible and soon enough you will have conquered the battlefield.

> > > As Cutter, immediately build a reactor at the start of the game. Then proceed to MAC blast any base not covered by the fog of war. You’ve just harassed that person.
> >
> > In 3v3 have all your teammates be Cutter. Build a reactor and collect a few resources (until you have 600) then everyone go to the weakest base and mac blast it. Try and ram that person’s hog so it dies and he gets defeated.
> >
> > (Doesn’t really work on Exile because of the free bases. Also doesn’t work on anyone good.)
> >
> > Afterward blow up your reactors and build supply pads, then try and muster an early army to wipe out the remaining 2 people.
> >
> > Congratulations, you’ve just MAC rushed someone.
>
> That’s a cheap rush. At least mine can be countered by grizzlies.

You’re forgetting that it pretty much leaves you and your team completely strapped of resources.

> > > > As Cutter, immediately build a reactor at the start of the game. Then proceed to MAC blast any base not covered by the fog of war. You’ve just harassed that person.
> > >
> > > In 3v3 have all your teammates be Cutter. Build a reactor and collect a few resources (until you have 600) then everyone go to the weakest base and mac blast it. Try and ram that person’s hog so it dies and he gets defeated.
> > >
> > > (Doesn’t really work on Exile because of the free bases. Also doesn’t work on anyone good.)
> > >
> > > Afterward blow up your reactors and build supply pads, then try and muster an early army to wipe out the remaining 2 people.
> > >
> > > Congratulations, you’ve just MAC rushed someone.
> >
> > That’s a cheap rush. At least mine can be countered by grizzlies.
>
> You’re forgetting that it pretty much leaves you and your team completely strapped of resources.

Lulz. I never said it was good. It’s just hilarious.

My favorite is the super cheap ultra pie rush. At the beginning of the game, go around town (the battlefield) and collect as many bakers as you can. Next chloroform them and take them to your bakery. Now threaten them with something personal (like killing their families) unless they make banana cream pies. Once pies are made, throw at enemy. Win!

> > > > As Cutter, immediately build a reactor at the start of the game. Then proceed to MAC blast any base not covered by the fog of war. You’ve just harassed that person.
> > >
> > > In 3v3 have all your teammates be Cutter. Build a reactor and collect a few resources (until you have 600) then everyone go to the weakest base and mac blast it. Try and ram that person’s hog so it dies and he gets defeated.
> > >
> > > (Doesn’t really work on Exile because of the free bases. Also doesn’t work on anyone good.)
> > >
> > > Afterward blow up your reactors and build supply pads, then try and muster an early army to wipe out the remaining 2 people.
> > >
> > > Congratulations, you’ve just MAC rushed someone.
> >
> > That’s a cheap rush. At least mine can be countered by grizzlies.
>
> You’re forgetting that it pretty much leaves you and your team completely strapped of resources.

It’s still cheap. Although 3 well placed dbombs may stop it.

If you get your enemies to waste 3 d-bombs at the start then just expo and destroy them with sheer economic advantage. It may be the cheapest strategy, but it’s hilarious. Not worth running unless your in the mood to laugh.

> If you get your enemies to waste 3 d-bombs at the start then just expo and destroy them with sheer economic advantage. It may be the cheapest strategy, but it’s hilarious. Not worth running unless your in the mood to laugh.

So you admit you are a rushing noob? Rushing takes no skill.

> > If you get your enemies to waste 3 d-bombs at the start then just expo and destroy them with sheer economic advantage. It may be the cheapest strategy, but it’s hilarious. Not worth running unless your in the mood to laugh.
>
> So you admit you are a rushing noob? Rushing takes no skill.

A) Did you read my post?

B) If rushing is for noobs then do you think all of the top HW players just sit back for 10 minutes to build up an army?

C) Yeah it’s just like camping in CoD. Everyone knows you’re just supposed to run out into the open and shoot at each other without taking cover.

> > > If you get your enemies to waste 3 d-bombs at the start then just expo and destroy them with sheer economic advantage. It may be the cheapest strategy, but it’s hilarious. Not worth running unless your in the mood to laugh.
> >
> > So you admit you are a rushing noob? Rushing takes no skill.
>
> A) Did you read my post?
>
> B) If rushing is for noobs then do you think all of the top HW players just sit back for 10 minutes to build up an army?
>
> C) Yeah it’s just like camping in CoD. Everyone knows you’re just supposed to run out into the open and shoot at each other without taking cover.

A) No.

B) I’m a top player, I win 55% of my games. Ranked in the top 800. I only rush at 20 minutes or later.

C) This is a strategy game, CoD is not. In strategy games you should build up a strategical army and fight big huge battles. Rushing takes no skill or strategy.

> > > > If you get your enemies to waste 3 d-bombs at the start then just expo and destroy them with sheer economic advantage. It may be the cheapest strategy, but it’s hilarious. Not worth running unless your in the mood to laugh.
> > >
> > > So you admit you are a rushing noob? Rushing takes no skill.
> >
> > A) Did you read my post?
> >
> > B) If rushing is for noobs then do you think all of the top HW players just sit back for 10 minutes to build up an army?
> >
> > C) Yeah it’s just like camping in CoD. Everyone knows you’re just supposed to run out into the open and shoot at each other without taking cover.
>
> A) No.
>
> B) I’m a top player, I win 55% of my games. Ranked in the top 800. I only rush at 20 minutes or later.
>
> C) This is a strategy game, CoD is not. In strategy games you should build up a strategical army and fight big huge battles. Rushing takes no skill or strategy.

Are you trolling me? You must be trolling me. Please post this on the HW forums before they go down.

> > > > > If you get your enemies to waste 3 d-bombs at the start then just expo and destroy them with sheer economic advantage. It may be the cheapest strategy, but it’s hilarious. Not worth running unless your in the mood to laugh.
> > > >
> > > > So you admit you are a rushing noob? Rushing takes no skill.
> > >
> > > A) Did you read my post?
> > >
> > > B) If rushing is for noobs then do you think all of the top HW players just sit back for 10 minutes to build up an army?
> > >
> > > C) Yeah it’s just like camping in CoD. Everyone knows you’re just supposed to run out into the open and shoot at each other without taking cover.
> >
> > A) No.
> >
> > B) I’m a top player, I win 55% of my games. Ranked in the top 800. I only rush at 20 minutes or later.
> >
> > C) This is a strategy game, CoD is not. In strategy games you should build up a strategical army and fight big huge battles. Rushing takes no skill or strategy.
>
> Are you trolling me? You must be trolling me. Please post this on the HW forums before they go down.

You don’t believe me? Check my stats.

What’s your winning percentage? Below 50%?

> > > > > > If you get your enemies to waste 3 d-bombs at the start then just expo and destroy them with sheer economic advantage. It may be the cheapest strategy, but it’s hilarious. Not worth running unless your in the mood to laugh.
> > > > >
> > > > > So you admit you are a rushing noob? Rushing takes no skill.
> > > >
> > > > A) Did you read my post?
> > > >
> > > > B) If rushing is for noobs then do you think all of the top HW players just sit back for 10 minutes to build up an army?
> > > >
> > > > C) Yeah it’s just like camping in CoD. Everyone knows you’re just supposed to run out into the open and shoot at each other without taking cover.
> > >
> > > A) No.
> > >
> > > B) I’m a top player, I win 55% of my games. Ranked in the top 800. I only rush at 20 minutes or later.
> > >
> > > C) This is a strategy game, CoD is not. In strategy games you should build up a strategical army and fight big huge battles. Rushing takes no skill or strategy.
> >
> > Are you trolling me? You must be trolling me. Please post this on the HW forums before they go down.
>
> You don’t believe me? Check my stats.
>
> What’s your winning percentage? Below 50%?

Lulz. Aren’t you going to ask me if I mad cause I bad? Who are you really though? That account is over a year old.

> > > > > > > If you get your enemies to waste 3 d-bombs at the start then just expo and destroy them with sheer economic advantage. It may be the cheapest strategy, but it’s hilarious. Not worth running unless your in the mood to laugh.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > So you admit you are a rushing noob? Rushing takes no skill.
> > > > >
> > > > > A) Did you read my post?
> > > > >
> > > > > B) If rushing is for noobs then do you think all of the top HW players just sit back for 10 minutes to build up an army?
> > > > >
> > > > > C) Yeah it’s just like camping in CoD. Everyone knows you’re just supposed to run out into the open and shoot at each other without taking cover.
> > > >
> > > > A) No.
> > > >
> > > > B) I’m a top player, I win 55% of my games. Ranked in the top 800. I only rush at 20 minutes or later.
> > > >
> > > > C) This is a strategy game, CoD is not. In strategy games you should build up a strategical army and fight big huge battles. Rushing takes no skill or strategy.
> > >
> > > Are you trolling me? You must be trolling me. Please post this on the HW forums before they go down.
> >
> > You don’t believe me? Check my stats.
> >
> > What’s your winning percentage? Below 50%?
>
> Lulz. Aren’t you going to ask me if I mad cause I bad? Who are you really though? That account is over a year old.

iEchoic

> > > > > > > > If you get your enemies to waste 3 d-bombs at the start then just expo and destroy them with sheer economic advantage. It may be the cheapest strategy, but it’s hilarious. Not worth running unless your in the mood to laugh.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > So you admit you are a rushing noob? Rushing takes no skill.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > A) Did you read my post?
> > > > > >
> > > > > > B) If rushing is for noobs then do you think all of the top HW players just sit back for 10 minutes to build up an army?
> > > > > >
> > > > > > C) Yeah it’s just like camping in CoD. Everyone knows you’re just supposed to run out into the open and shoot at each other without taking cover.
> > > > >
> > > > > A) No.
> > > > >
> > > > > B) I’m a top player, I win 55% of my games. Ranked in the top 800. I only rush at 20 minutes or later.
> > > > >
> > > > > C) This is a strategy game, CoD is not. In strategy games you should build up a strategical army and fight big huge battles. Rushing takes no skill or strategy.
> > > >
> > > > Are you trolling me? You must be trolling me. Please post this on the HW forums before they go down.
> > >
> > > You don’t believe me? Check my stats.
> > >
> > > What’s your winning percentage? Below 50%?
> >
> > Lulz. Aren’t you going to ask me if I mad cause I bad? Who are you really though? That account is over a year old.
>
> iEchoic

Yeah, okay. :wink: It’s Crusader isn’t it.

> > > > > > > > > If you get your enemies to waste 3 d-bombs at the start then just expo and destroy them with sheer economic advantage. It may be the cheapest strategy, but it’s hilarious. Not worth running unless your in the mood to laugh.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > So you admit you are a rushing noob? Rushing takes no skill.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > A) Did you read my post?
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > B) If rushing is for noobs then do you think all of the top HW players just sit back for 10 minutes to build up an army?
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > C) Yeah it’s just like camping in CoD. Everyone knows you’re just supposed to run out into the open and shoot at each other without taking cover.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > A) No.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > B) I’m a top player, I win 55% of my games. Ranked in the top 800. I only rush at 20 minutes or later.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > C) This is a strategy game, CoD is not. In strategy games you should build up a strategical army and fight big huge battles. Rushing takes no skill or strategy.
> > > > >
> > > > > Are you trolling me? You must be trolling me. Please post this on the HW forums before they go down.
> > > >
> > > > You don’t believe me? Check my stats.
> > > >
> > > > What’s your winning percentage? Below 50%?
> > >
> > > Lulz. Aren’t you going to ask me if I mad cause I bad? Who are you really though? That account is over a year old.
> >
> > iEchoic
>
> Yeah, okay. :wink: It’s Crusader isn’t it.

No, I’m Cozyswiftkilla.