strategies?

OK I’m a general got to it in 2010 and played till 2012 of may and now for not playing for like 7 months or something I’m not all that great like I was in 2010-2012 and getting a lot of hate messages and voice messages. So I’m wondering is there any good strategies you can recommend until I get back on top again?

> OK I’m a general got to it in 2010 and played till 2012 of may and now for not playing for like 7 months or something I’m not all that great like I was in 2010-2012 and getting a lot of hate messages and voice messages. So I’m wondering is there any good strategies you can recommend until I get back on top again?

Play as Forge until you start getting good. With Forge, you don’t have to worry about your economy as much (the supply pads are already upgraded) which means that you can pump tanks quickly. When you are confident in your gameplay then play as Anders and pull off more interesting strategies against your opponents. She may not be the most powerful but she definitely is the most fun to play as.

Crazy, I’ve looked over your previous games and there’s a few things I’d say about your game:

Most of your games are 20+ minutes long. This game isn’t just about teching to power units, try attacking your opponent at ever tech level e.g. As Prophet, get some honor guards and rush him, try to take down two supply pads and get out before your prophet dies. Always compare your opponent’s base to your own, if you harrass your opponent and get pushed off when he’s got 3 pads left and you’ve got 4, you’re winning, if you’ve managed to bless 2 of them, you’re way ahead :slight_smile: Then get some banshees and go back again, take down a pad or two and get out. Repeat at tech 2, get repeating cannon, upgrade your prophet and hit them again.

If you’re playing as Anders, rush them with 4-6 hogs, get tanks, harrass, get canny (on the way if possible) and hit them again. Get wolves/gremlins/gauss and hit them again.

Just try playing like this, it will put pressure on your opponent, they may make mistakes, and you’ll often come out ahead. If you don’t do this, it’s just becomes a game of who can tech the best, and it becomes 50/50 who’s going to win, which is pretty much what your win ratio is. As an example, look at this game you played - Halo - Official Site (en)

You built nothing but hogs, but you didn’t start building them until 42 seconds into the game. Against any decent player, you’re going to be 2 hogs down, so you’ll probably lose the first hog battle, map control, an probably the game. It’s even worse because you’re on Beasley’s and you should be taking your two extra pads before the 2 minute mark. So not only are you two hogs down, a decent player will have 2 extra supply pads over you for at least a minute.

You also didn’t get gauss, which is frankly inexcusable after ten minutes. You should have money coming out your ears on Beasley’s. Get tech 3 reactor ASAP, research gauss, recycle the reactor, get another base and pump hogs non-stop! If you still can’t break them, get reserves, another base and keep pumping hogs.

Remember that units that are a tech level above your opponent’s will be much more powerful. Banshees will beat tanks, but canny tanks do suprising well against tech 1 banshees if you keep them moving. So use this knowledge, deny your opponent the ability to get to the next tech level.

Build units all the time.

Ask yourself ‘Can I do that faster, more efficiently?’ with every choice you make.

Try to keep pressure on your opponent at all times.

It’s little things like this that will improve your game. Hope this helps.

early temple > brutes > summits
reactor 3rd > gunner > gren > expand > pt