Strategies?

What strategies are people using?

I think you meant strategies. Not sure what statergies is.

Short version:

I focus on getting reaources whilst my ally goes offensive.

I slowly build up an army whilst sending resources to my ally.

Near the end (when either team drops to 1000) I all on attack the enemy base (so they can’t focus on re capturing the points)

Long Version:

I usually play as Atriox, but with someone using Captain Cutter.

They capture all bases from early on whilst I focus on Resources and Power. I send most of my resources and power to my Ally, but use some of it for me to stock up on some troops.

I replace by back two turrets with a shield generator and sensor.

I capture as many nearby areas as possible and use them for even more resources.

I then wait, occasionaly sending troops to help if we’re loosing diffirent bases.

When either team drops below 1000 points, I attack the enemy bases, and send all resources to my ally. This should distract the enemy long enough for my ally to capture any bases.

I never played the first Halo Wars, so is this a good stratergy?

> 2533274823130042;2:
> I think you meant strategies. Not sure what statergies is.

Oh… yeah…

That’s embarrasing…

> 2533274883991029;3:
> Short version:
>
>
>
> I focus on getting reaources whilst my ally goes offensive.
>
> I slowly build up an army whilst sending resources to my ally.
>
> Near the end (when either team drops to 1000) I all on attack the enemy base (so they can’t focus on re capturing the points)
>

>
>
> Long Version:
>
>
>
> I usually play as Atriox, but with someone using Captain Cutter.
>
> They capture all bases from early on whilst I focus on Resources and Power. I send most of my resources and power to my Ally, but use some of it for me to stock up on some troops.
>
> I replace by back two turrets with a shield generator and sensor.
>
> I capture as many nearby areas as possible and use them for even more resources.
>
> I then wait, occasionaly sending troops to help if we’re loosing diffirent bases.
>
> When either team drops below 1000 points, I attack the enemy bases, and send all resources to my ally. This should distract the enemy long enough for my ally to capture any bases.
>

>
>
> I never played the first Halo Wars, so is this a good stratergy?

This game plays differently than the first so there is no way to compare.

> 2533274823130042;5:
> > 2533274883991029;3:
> > Short version:
> >
> >
> >
> > I focus on getting reaources whilst my ally goes offensive.
> >
> > I slowly build up an army whilst sending resources to my ally.
> >
> > Near the end (when either team drops to 1000) I all on attack the enemy base (so they can’t focus on re capturing the points)
> >

> >
> >
> > Long Version:
> >
> >
> >
> > I usually play as Atriox, but with someone using Captain Cutter.
> >
> > They capture all bases from early on whilst I focus on Resources and Power. I send most of my resources and power to my Ally, but use some of it for me to stock up on some troops.
> >
> > I replace by back two turrets with a shield generator and sensor.
> >
> > I capture as many nearby areas as possible and use them for even more resources.
> >
> > I then wait, occasionaly sending troops to help if we’re loosing diffirent bases.
> >
> > When either team drops below 1000 points, I attack the enemy bases, and send all resources to my ally. This should distract the enemy long enough for my ally to capture any bases.
> >

> >
> >
> > I never played the first Halo Wars, so is this a good stratergy?
>
>
> This game plays differently than the first so there is no way to compare.

Oh. Okay.

I fully upgrade my marines and then use all 80 population points on them, they are op in large numbers.

> 2533274969048425;7:
> I fully upgrade my marines and then use all 80 population points on them, they are op in large numbers.

I think we’d make a good team. I feed you resources and power, you make marines.

Mass resources and max infantry is all you need . Some flamers and some Cyclops to deal vehicle damage

> 2533274859436467;9:
> Mass resources and max infantry is all you need . Some flamers and some Cyclops to deal vehicle damage

Yea that seems to be the way to go during the BETA

Well now it’s death match so completely different strategies. …

ON DOMINATION:(take in to account im starteing in the right side of the map)i just try to mantain control over the middle (a point) as soon as possible(whit your initial units), if playing atriox you can always use the initial vehicle to gatter supplies while (personally i prefer just building a new one in case i get a confrontation early). the build order wouyld be: supply building-energy-supply-energy (last slot can be whatver you want i usually just go for an extra supply). From a i move down to capture energy building and gather supplies boxes) while my other vehicle (scout) eat the boxes that are in front and behind the main base. I build a couple more infantry to get the base slot that is nearby (not the one behind tha one sucks) and get the energy building on the upper-rigth. My main army should move next to the upper-left energy building and point b that is on the enemy side (depending in what side of the map u are).

-next is gathering an army in the middle (doing it while building base gathering supplies, gathering points, etc) never stop building units since are the numbers that win early on. The point is that controlling a big army in the middle will give you control over the match and will be easier for you to contest any control points in the map and the nemy will have to go a long way if he wants to avoid being spotted also the energy buildings give you vision over any army trying something cheesy
-i go for numbers instead of upgrades (since most of the times people will flee at seeing your big army)

• i get infantry and (vehicles or aire units) until the enmy tries to counter
  • get a scout to see his base usually turtler will just gather their army near their base until they feel confident to engage in battle so u can see where his focus is and counter properly.
  • in my expierence people usually NEVER go for capture points so u will have no problems in capturing them early on.
  • when they do go for them they USUALLY split their army and send an infantry unit on the energy building on the lower part of the map and the rest or a part of them to a (usually they go for teh energy building near the starting point first and use their entire army to gether supplies near their base so by the time they do that i already got a and cath the loner marine on the lower energy building) and the intercept their main army on a.
  • if they go for a just like you and u are cutter the retreat and go for c (youll have fewer units unless you already got the couple marines in tha case regroup just outside their vision range and gather as many quick cheap marines as you can and upgrade to the mines).NOTE: if atriox just upgrade t the mines power and wreck them, ull aslo should have one the brute vehicles gathering supplies that can help.

-the idea is to control the center (i usually never go for c or e myself until im sure i defeated both their armies)
-do not rely on your allie (unless their in a party) most of my games seemed to be me vs no one (lol) but othe rtimes would be a 2v1, 1v1,

with thie startegy i won 10/10 placement matches and have yet to lose a fair match. im diamond 1. i actually won a lot of 2 vs 1 games.

TIPS.
-if u turtle be aware that when u are ready you will be figthing against the clock
-always do something
-do not use both base slots that are nearby leave one for your teamate (i played a game where my allied would just rushed all the bases slots he could, he eneded up with 4 empty bases and no supplies nor buidligns) his unites were killed too