strategies for not loosing reqs?

Hey all I notice that more often than not I am quickly killed any time I spawn in a weapon req. I seem to be able to go for several respawns surviving for quite while, however as soon as I have a weapon I get taken out before I can even use it. Sometimes I am taken out only having walked a few steps. Yet others can spawn in a req and use it until it is empty. Are there any strategies about how to keep alive and keep your req weapon?

Don’t die.

> 2533274924401014;2:
> Don’t die.

Git Gud?

Spawn in REQs at Home Base should work. Or do my strategy, it works really well, sell those REQ cards…

I only req ultra rare/legendary if my team is wrecking. Don’t call nice reqs in if the flow of the game feels like you are going to get triple capped. Get a feel for this and gradually you will get more comfort calling in and will get more use out your reqs.

> 2533274875982754;5:
> I only req ultra rare/legendary if my team is wrecking. Don’t call nice reqs in if the flow of the game feels like you are going to get triple capped. Get a feel for this and gradually you will get more comfort calling in and will get more use out your reqs.

In all seriousness, this is really good advice and one of the best ways to ensure success with a req.

Git gud

Don’t underuse a req out of fear of wasting ammo that got me killed a lot.

Always spawn at the base least likely to be getting attacked. If we only have 1st base I’ll spawn at core every time so I always come at my base from the out side in.

I prefer to use a certain ammount of ammo keeping my distance but when I’m say around 40% or less I start pushing with it.

So start at home base when team is winning?

> 2533274849645270;9:
> So start at home base when team is winning?

That. Also gitting gud is suggested.

> 2533274924401014;10:
> > 2533274849645270;9:
> > So start at home base when team is winning?
>
>
> That. Also gitting gud is suggested.

Well gitting gud usually translates to “get a team” I’ve done that a few times, but meh I kinda like being a loan wolf.

> 2533274849645270;11:
> > 2533274924401014;10:
> > > 2533274849645270;9:
> > > So start at home base when team is winning?
> >
> >
> > That. Also gitting gud is suggested.
>
>
> Well gitting gud usually translates to “get a team” I’ve done that a few times, but meh I kinda like being a loan wolf.

Same here. I don’t team up very often. One way to get a team (without having to speak with them or play long term with them) is to invite people from your lobby who play well.

I’d say to not spawn in a base under attack unless you have an idea of the amount of enemies that are there or you feel like going Rambo, but don’t expect to live if you’re going in blind. If you’re losing by a lot, sometimes it’s better to just not waste a REQ and hope the game gets over with quickly.

For sniping, usually the middle base or your armory might be the better choice if they’re not under attack. The enemy might go for their armory more often, but you always have to be aware of the person that always tries to sneaky cap your armory.

The best way is to set up a farm. In fact, I refuse to call in mythics unless the enemy is trip capped. It’s all about controlling volatility. The amount of bs you can die to beyond your control is very high.

> 2533274808970424;14:
> The best way is to set up a farm. In fact, I refuse to call in mythics unless the enemy is trip capped. It’s all about controlling volatility. The amount of bs you can die to beyond your control is very high.

Farming kills is bs though

> 2533274962122285;8:
> Don’t underuse a req out of fear of wasting ammo that got me killed a lot.
>
> Always spawn at the base least likely to be getting attacked. If we only have 1st base I’ll spawn at core every time so I always come at my base from the out side in.
>
> I prefer to use a certain ammount of ammo keeping my distance but when I’m say around 40% or less I start pushing with it.

Okay thanks this is some useful advice :smiley:

Practice with your reqs, don’t be afraid to use them. The more you use them, the better you’ll get with them

> 2533274849645270;1:
> Hey all I notice that more often than not I am quickly killed any time I spawn in a weapon req. I seem to be able to go for several respawns surviving for quite while, however as soon as I have a weapon I get taken out before I can even use it. Sometimes I am taken out only having walked a few steps. Yet others can spawn in a req and use it until it is empty. Are there any strategies about how to keep alive and keep your req weapon?

All right. I assume you would want to Loose your reqs, you just wouldn’t want to lose them.

• Think about what position your team is in. If you’re on the defensive, it probably isn’t the best time to spawn in that nornfang.
  • Think about what weapon would benefit you/your team the most. A wasp or a ghost can make the difference in whether or not your team caps the middle base.
  • Think about your spawn options to determine which one is the safest…sometimes this is the home base.
  • Don’t be afraid to spawn and ‘clear the lane’ so to speak by making sure the area is safe before going to a req station.
  • If you’re familiar with the common sniper positions, be aware of those sight lines and avoid them if you can.
  • Keep your eye on the sky. Taking out aerial vehicles (Banshees and Phaetons especially, but wasps as well) quickly will make it a lot easier to use whatever req you’re wanting to call in. It also helps your team out a lot.
  • Be aware of invisibility. Just because you don’t see them, doesn’t mean they aren’t there
  • Advanced Sensors are your friend.
  • Sometimes it’s better to take the weapon with you if you know you’re going to die or waste the ammo in it so the enemy doesn’t use it on you.
  • Popping camo/overshield with something good can extend your lifespan, but it can be a bit of a -Yoink- move too.
  • Make sure you are using the weapon effectively. I’ve seen people charge bases with snipers. I’ve seen people try to snipe with Fuel rods (I’ve pulled this off a time or two though so it can be fun.) If you want to make the most of it, use it in the way it’s best suited.
  • Keep an eye on the enemy, after a while you’ll see patterns. Some people can be very myopic and focused in their play style. Person X will always camp the vehicle bay. Person Y will charge headlong at your armory. When you see the pattern you can exploit it, to maximize what you get out of the weapon.
  • Don’t forget those bosses. Warzone isn’t slayer and that Hydra you spawned in will help kill that Soldier Bandit. This is helping your team win, it is not wasted ammo.
  • Relax. It’s just a game and if you lose that Nornfang or My bane…you will get another one.

> 2533274924401014;2:
> Don’t die.

Sounds about right.

> 2533274880633045;18:
> > 2533274849645270;1:
> > Hey all I notice that more often than not I am quickly killed any time I spawn in a weapon req. I seem to be able to go for several respawns surviving for quite while, however as soon as I have a weapon I get taken out before I can even use it. Sometimes I am taken out only having walked a few steps. Yet others can spawn in a req and use it until it is empty. Are there any strategies about how to keep alive and keep your req weapon?
>
>
> All right. I assume you would want to Loose your reqs, you just wouldn’t want to lose them.
>
> - Think about what position your team is in. If your on the defensive, it probably isn’t the best time to spawn in that nornfang.
> - Think about what weapon would benefit you/your team the most. A wasp or a ghost can make the difference in whether or not your team caps the middle base.
> - Think about your spawn options to determine which one is the safest…sometimes this is the home base.
> - Don’t be afraid to spawn and ‘clear the lane’ so to speak by making sure the area is safe before going to a req station.
> - If you’re familiar with the common sniper positions, be aware of those sight lines and avoid them if you can.
> - Keep your eye on the sky. Taking out aerial vehicles (Banshees and Phaetons especially, but wasps as well) quickly will make it a lot easier to use whatever req you’re wanting to call in. It also helps your team out a lot.
> - Be aware of invisibility. Just because you don’t see them, doesn’t mean they aren’t there
> - Advanced Sensors are your friend.
> - Sometimes it’s better to take the weapon with you if you know you’re going to die or waste the ammo in it so the enemy doesn’t use it on you.
> - Popping camo/overshield with something good can extend your lifespan, but it can be a bit of a -Yoink- move too.
> - Make sure you are using the weapon effectively. I’ve seen people charge bases with snipers. I’ve seen people try to snipe with Fuel rods (I’ve pulled this off a time or two though so it can be fun.) If you want to make the most of it, use it in the way it’s best suited.
> - Keep an eye on the enemy, after a while you’ll see patterns. Some people can be very myopic and focused in their play style. Person X will always camp the vehicle bay. Person Y will charge headlong at your armory. When you see the pattern you can exploit it, to maximize what you get out of the weapon.
> - Don’t forget those bosses. Warzone isn’t slayer and that Hydra you spawned in will help kill that Soldier Bandit. This is helping your team win, it is not wasted ammo.
> - Relax. It’s just a game and if you lose that Nornfang or My bane…you will get another one.

You make some good points but its clearly not working as you’re 147 and your best spree is a rampage.