Strafe issue with M+KB

Something I’ve noticed, specifically on PC with M+KB is that while strafing, the keys seem to get locked up at times. Especially when you try to side strafe back and forth quickly. You’ll be in a firefight and your Spartan will come to a complete standstill, killing all movement and momentum.
I’m able to replicate it consistently, specifically when you press both A and D shortly after one another OR at the same time.

I just tried it, and I don’t have that issue. You might be holding both A and D at the same time, rather than alternating them. The strafing in this game doesn’t feel too bad to me, and it feels somewhat comparable to Valorant and Overwatch–not quite as slow as Valorant, and not quite as fast as Overwatch.

If you’re alternating, you should come to a very brief stop that shouldn’t be that bad, but if you’re holding both, you will not move as you noted, which is probably by design because of physics. Maybe watch your key press timing?

> 2533275017032008;2:
> I just tried it, and I don’t have that issue. You might be holding both A and D at the same time, rather than alternating them. The strafing in this game doesn’t feel too bad to me, and it feels somewhat comparable to Valorant and Overwatch–not quite as slow as Valorant, and not quite as fast as Overwatch.
>
> If you’re alternating, you should come to a very brief stop that shouldn’t be that bad, but if you’re holding both, you will not move as you noted, which is probably by design because of physics. Maybe watch your key press timing?

When it works for me, it works. But I’ve noticed in a firefight when I try to strafe fast to throw off my opponent’s aim it tends to trip up.

> 2533274860195268;3:
> > 2533275017032008;2:
> > I just tried it, and I don’t have that issue. You might be holding both A and D at the same time, rather than alternating them. The strafing in this game doesn’t feel too bad to me, and it feels somewhat comparable to Valorant and Overwatch–not quite as slow as Valorant, and not quite as fast as Overwatch.
> >
> > If you’re alternating, you should come to a very brief stop that shouldn’t be that bad, but if you’re holding both, you will not move as you noted, which is probably by design because of physics. Maybe watch your key press timing?
>
> When it works for me, it works. But I’ve noticed in a firefight when I try to strafe fast to throw off my opponent’s aim it tends to trip up.

Maybe you’re strafing too quickly? That’d be my best guess. If not, maybe it’s your keyboard instead. Do you have a mechanical keyboard, and does your keyboard support n-key rollover? N-key rollover being the keyboard’s ability to detect more than one button press at one time.

> 2533275017032008;4:
> > 2533274860195268;3:
> > > 2533275017032008;2:
> > > I just tried it, and I don’t have that issue. You might be holding both A and D at the same time, rather than alternating them. The strafing in this game doesn’t feel too bad to me, and it feels somewhat comparable to Valorant and Overwatch–not quite as slow as Valorant, and not quite as fast as Overwatch.
> > >
> > > If you’re alternating, you should come to a very brief stop that shouldn’t be that bad, but if you’re holding both, you will not move as you noted, which is probably by design because of physics. Maybe watch your key press timing?
> >
> > When it works for me, it works. But I’ve noticed in a firefight when I try to strafe fast to throw off my opponent’s aim it tends to trip up.
>
> Maybe you’re strafing too quickly? That’d be my best guess. If not, maybe it’s your keyboard instead. Do you have a mechanical keyboard, and does your keyboard support n-key rollover? N-key rollover being the keyboard’s ability to detect more than one button press at one time.

As of right now I’m using my laptop due to my current living situation. I don’t think it has rollover despite being a gaming laptop.

Regardless, you’re probably right and I’m just overthinking this issue.

> 2533274860195268;1:
> Something I’ve noticed, specifically on PC with M+KB is that while strafing, the keys seem to get locked up at times. Especially when you try to side strafe back and forth quickly. You’ll be in a firefight and your Spartan will come to a complete standstill, killing all movement and momentum.
> I’m able to replicate it consistently, specifically when you press both A and D shortly after one another OR at the same time.

Yes, sometimes that happens.