Story or Multiplayer

When it comes down to it, which is more important?

IMO Story, because MP can’t sell books…

Gameplay > Story. Has been that way for 40 years and it will never change in my mind. Multiplayer is all gameplay so I care for it more.

And if I want to read a REAL book I will read something by Tolkien or other REAl authors. Not some Halo story book.

But MP sells games…
jk but I think halo has shown that games are at their best when they use both.

> Gameplay > Story. Has been that way for 40 years and it will never change in my mind. Multiplayer is all gameplay so I care for it more.
>
>
> And if I want to read a REAL book I will read something by Tolkien or other REAl authors. <mark>Not some Halo story book</mark>.

You do know that the authors, aside from Staten who works for Bungie, for Halos have done other books right? They are REAL authors.

If it’s Halo, then the amazing campaign is what sells it.
When it comes to Halo, it’s different than all the other games.
Halo 1 didn’t have MP (on the original xbox) so I couldn’t play online, but I played that damn amazing campaign so much, it never EVER get old.
You know why I liked Reach? Cause my first impression was the campaign.

Story. A major theme of Halo 4’s seems to be wonder and awe, and that’s what made Halo 1 so special to me. If this game is anything like CE in terms of story, I will be more than satisfied.

> > Gameplay > Story. Has been that way for 40 years and it will never change in my mind. Multiplayer is all gameplay so I care for it more.
> >
> >
> > And if I want to read a REAL book I will read something by Tolkien or other REAl authors. <mark>Not some Halo story book</mark>.
>
> You do know that the authors, aside from Staten who works for Bungie, for Halos have done other books right? They are REAL authors.

Must not have made a big impact. Never heard of any of them nor do I care to. Again, I will stick to real authors. Like ones who have even created an entire fictional alphabet and language. That is real art. Sci-fi, been there done that.

> > > Gameplay > Story. Has been that way for 40 years and it will never change in my mind. Multiplayer is all gameplay so I care for it more.
> > >
> > >
> > > And if I want to read a REAL book I will read something by Tolkien or other REAl authors. <mark>Not some Halo story book</mark>.
> >
> > You do know that the authors, aside from Staten who works for Bungie, for Halos have done other books right? They are REAL authors.
>
> Must not have made a big impact. Never heard of any of them nor do I care to. Again, I will stick to real authors.

Your stupidity amuses me.

Well multiplayer is story now.

Story >< Story

> > > Gameplay > Story. Has been that way for 40 years and it will never change in my mind. Multiplayer is all gameplay so I care for it more.
> > >
> > >
> > > And if I want to read a REAL book I will read something by Tolkien or other REAl authors. <mark>Not some Halo story book</mark>.
> >
> > You do know that the authors, aside from Staten who works for Bungie, for Halos have done other books right? They are REAL authors.
>
> Must not have made a big impact. Never heard of any of them nor do I care to. Again, I will stick to real authors. Like ones who have even created an entire fictional alphabet and language. That is real art. Sci-fi, been there done that.

So you feel Halo is just some shoot em up MP game?

> Gameplay > Story. Has been that way for 40 years and it will never change in my mind. Multiplayer is all gameplay so I care for it more.
>
>
> And if I want to read a REAL book I will read something by Tolkien or other REAl authors. Not some Halo story book.

dude calm the eff down, what the heck is a real book? and you mentioned Tolkien…he wrote non real books if thats what your trying to get at…the hobbit…lord of the rings…those didn’t really happen lol. The Halo books are a nice read if you like the story and if you don’t well why are you even playing the game? Multiplayer is all gameplay so you care about it more…your argument is kinda non existent. -__-

Both

> > > Gameplay > Story. Has been that way for 40 years and it will never change in my mind. Multiplayer is all gameplay so I care for it more.
> > >
> > >
> > > And if I want to read a REAL book I will read something by Tolkien or other REAl authors. <mark>Not some Halo story book</mark>.
> >
> > You do know that the authors, aside from Staten who works for Bungie, for Halos have done other books right? They are REAL authors.
>
> <mark>Must not have made a big impact.</mark> Never heard of any of them nor do I care to. Again, I will stick to real authors.

So people like Greg Bear and Karen Traviss have made no impact whatsoever?

> > > Gameplay > Story. Has been that way for 40 years and it will never change in my mind. Multiplayer is all gameplay so I care for it more.
> > >
> > >
> > > And if I want to read a REAL book I will read something by Tolkien or other REAl authors. <mark>Not some Halo story book</mark>.
> >
> > You do know that the authors, aside from Staten who works for Bungie, for Halos have done other books right? They are REAL authors.
>
> Must not have made a big impact. Never heard of any of them nor do I care to. Again, I will stick to real authors. Like ones who have even created an entire fictional alphabet and language. That is real art. Sci-fi, been there done that.

So because you never heard of them they’re not real? You know I never even heard of Tolkien until the movies came out, I didn’t say Oh he must not be a “real” author. That would be very ignorant of me to assume that anyone I haven’t heard of before isn’t a real professional.

> > > > Gameplay > Story. Has been that way for 40 years and it will never change in my mind. Multiplayer is all gameplay so I care for it more.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > And if I want to read a REAL book I will read something by Tolkien or other REAl authors. <mark>Not some Halo story book</mark>.
> > >
> > > You do know that the authors, aside from Staten who works for Bungie, for Halos have done other books right? They are REAL authors.
> >
> > Must not have made a big impact. Never heard of any of them nor do I care to. Again, I will stick to real authors. Like ones who have even created an entire fictional alphabet and language. That is real art. Sci-fi, been there done that.
>
> So you feel Halo is just some shoot em up MP game?

For ME, yes. Why the hell are people going to make a topic asking peoples opinions then cry about it? Lol Waypoint, you always amaze me.

> > > > Gameplay > Story. Has been that way for 40 years and it will never change in my mind. Multiplayer is all gameplay so I care for it more.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > And if I want to read a REAL book I will read something by Tolkien or other REAl authors. <mark>Not some Halo story book</mark>.
> > >
> > > You do know that the authors, aside from Staten who works for Bungie, for Halos have done other books right? They are REAL authors.
> >
> > Must not have made a big impact. Never heard of any of them nor do I care to. Again, I will stick to real authors. Like ones who have even created an entire fictional alphabet and language. That is real art. Sci-fi, been there done that.
>
> So because you never heard of them they’re not real? You know I never even heard of Tolkien until the movies came out, I didn’t say Oh he must not be a “real” author. That would be very ignorant of me to assume that anyone I haven’t heard of before isn’t a real professional.

Wait. I said they wern’t real…Hold on…Just a sec…Ummm…Nope. I didn’t.

> > > > > Gameplay > Story. Has been that way for 40 years and it will never change in my mind. Multiplayer is all gameplay so I care for it more.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > And if I want to read a REAL book I will read something by Tolkien or other REAl authors. <mark>Not some Halo story book</mark>.
> > > >
> > > > You do know that the authors, aside from Staten who works for Bungie, for Halos have done other books right? They are REAL authors.
> > >
> > > Must not have made a big impact. Never heard of any of them nor do I care to. Again, I will stick to real authors. Like ones who have even created an entire fictional alphabet and language. That is real art. Sci-fi, been there done that.
> >
> > So you feel Halo is just some shoot em up MP game?
>
> For ME, yes. Why the hell are people going to make a topic asking peoples opinions then cry about it? Lol Waypoint, you always amaze me.

Because your opinion is based on terrible logic. If someone never heard of Mark Twain does that mean he wasn’t a real author? Or how about nobody hearing of Poe? Lovecraft? Shelley?

Just because you don’t know much about them doesn’t mean they aren’t real authors.

> > > > Gameplay > Story. Has been that way for 40 years and it will never change in my mind. Multiplayer is all gameplay so I care for it more.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > And if I want to read a REAL book I will read something by Tolkien or other REAl authors. <mark>Not some Halo story book</mark>.
> > >
> > > You do know that the authors, aside from Staten who works for Bungie, for Halos have done other books right? They are REAL authors.
> >
> > <mark>Must not have made a big impact.</mark> Never heard of any of them nor do I care to. Again, I will stick to real authors.
>
> So people like Greg Bear and Karen Traviss have made no impact whatsoever?

Never heard of them or anything they have ever written, and as a major in literature and the English language, I would have heard of them if they were that big.

> > > > > Gameplay > Story. Has been that way for 40 years and it will never change in my mind. Multiplayer is all gameplay so I care for it more.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > And if I want to read a REAL book I will read something by Tolkien or <mark>other REAl authors</mark>. <mark>Not some Halo story book</mark>.
> > > >
> > > > You do know that the authors, aside from Staten who works for Bungie, for Halos have done other books right? They are REAL authors.
> > >
> > > Must not have made a big impact. Never heard of any of them nor do I care to. Again, <mark>I will stick to real authors</mark>. Like ones who have even created an entire fictional alphabet and language. That is real art. Sci-fi, been there done that.
> >
> > So because you never heard of them they’re not real? You know I never even heard of Tolkien until the movies came out, I didn’t say Oh he must not be a “real” author. That would be very ignorant of me to assume that anyone I haven’t heard of before isn’t a real professional.
>
> Wait. I said they wern’t real…Hold on…Just a sec…Ummm…Nope. I didn’t.

If other authors are “real” then what does that make someone like Greg Bear?

> > > > > > Gameplay > Story. Has been that way for 40 years and it will never change in my mind. Multiplayer is all gameplay so I care for it more.
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > And if I want to read a REAL book I will read something by Tolkien or other REAl authors. <mark>Not some Halo story book</mark>.
> > > > >
> > > > > You do know that the authors, aside from Staten who works for Bungie, for Halos have done other books right? They are REAL authors.
> > > >
> > > > Must not have made a big impact. Never heard of any of them nor do I care to. Again, I will stick to real authors. Like ones who have even created an entire fictional alphabet and language. That is real art. Sci-fi, been there done that.
> > >
> > > So you feel Halo is just some shoot em up MP game?
> >
> > For ME, yes. Why the hell are people going to make a topic asking peoples opinions then cry about it? Lol Waypoint, you always amaze me.
>
> Because your opinion is based on terrible logic. If someone never heard of Mark Twain does that mean he wasn’t a real author? Or how about nobody hearing of Poe? Lovecraft? Shelley?
>
> Just because you don’t know much about them doesn’t mean they aren’t real authors.

But all those authors made pieces that made an impact on millions. Not a few nich readers.