Story of Spartan Ops is crap

I remember hearing that the story of Halo 4 would be more mature, gritty and more defined within the Halo universe.

While this may be so for the Campaign, Spartan Ops is a total joke.

Some people say, “yeah well it’s just a little arcade type thing anyway”. Thats all good and well, but during development it had been talked about like an extension of the actual campaign rather than throwaway set pieces.

Spartan Ops for the most part has been fun (for killing stuff that is )and yes I can say Episode 6 was very well done, but this is also where I have abandoned all hope for the story.

My doubt started back when Jul 'Mdama was referred to as a “known terrorist” by Palmer. A known terrorist? I thought that there was supposed to be an entire opposing force, as opposed to terrorist cells.

Now in Chapter 4 of Episode six, Shut Down, we have found that they have now stolen some UNSC nukes. This is the plot they have come up with? Stolen nukes?

Are the Storm Covenant allied with the Russians now?
Are the UNSC going to be searching for W.M.D’s on requiem?
Are the Covenant going to fly a Pelican into a UNSC tower?
Will Bond, John Bond (117 at your service your majesty) force Jul 'Mdama into complete bankruptcy from losing a poker game?

PS: If I hear “You got it Commander” or “ey L00k baws das/is dat UNSC gear aye!?” one more time I will stomp on some puppies.

The Brutes in Halo 2 stole UNSC gear. They had shotguns. And in the books, the Brutes stole nukes from a space elevator on Earth. The Elite can’t help it his standards have dropped.

yea, takes the boringness of ff and adds a bunch of horrible commentary to it

> Now in Chapter 4 of Episode six, Shut Down, we have found that they have now stolen some UNSC nukes. This is the plot they have come up with? Stolen nukes?

You have no idea just how powerful nuclear weapons can be.

That “excavation grade” Havok nuke from the end of the campaign? 30 megatons, or 30,000 kilotons. The nukes that completely obliterated Hiroshima and Nagasaki had destructive yields of 16 and 21 kilotons respectively.

Combat grade UNSC nukes are even greater in power, ranging from relatively small warheads like the one from the trailer where the original Noble Six died, to massive weapons that can equal 200 megatons easily. Jul 'Mdama is not an idiot, he knows how powerful human weaponry can be despite being as primitive as it is.

> Are the Storm Covenant allied with the Russians now?
> Are the UNSC going to be searching for W.M.D’s on requiem?
> Are the Covenant going to fly a Pelican into a UNSC tower?
> Will Bond, John Bond (117 at your service your majesty) force Jul 'Mdama into complete bankruptcy from losing a poker game?

1. Then they’d be with the UNSC. War is over! Yaaaa- nope.
  2. Worldwide Mathematics Days on Requiem? Sounds asian.
  3. U dun goofd it. They don’t have towers yet.
  4. Nah.

I don’t see the problem.

Bombs do mass damage. Good solution when want to do said damage. And if you can get hold of enemy nukes… why not?

And as I believe that Sanghelli and Humans have a bit of a truce, I think any other militant force taking pot shots at either would be defined as terrorists.

Though, I will admit, a bit horribly cliche to our modern war standards of late. But then again, 343i so far sucks with villains, so we’ll have to see what happens next before we can really judge.

I think the story is a bit childish for us. By that I only mean that the majority of us have played Halo for about a decade. We are in no way rookies when it comes to fighting covies.

But Crimsons story line is about rookies. Green Spartans who are in competition against another green spartan team, Majestic. Most times playing, I have more knowlage about what is going on than the people giving me orders. I think that is the biggest problem Sops has.

this thread is silly, you complain how it isnt good enough, when in previous games, you would have got nothing, maybe firefight, so they give you all this Spartan ops content, and all you gotta say it, its not good enough and the story sucks
appreciate the things you have, especially if its free content weekly

Agreed it’s got ridiculous at this point and it can only get more ridiculous as it continues. (Bit like Blops 2 Campaign for an example)

I think its a great for what it is. 343 seems to have figured out Spartan Ops now and I am excited for its future not just in this game but future games. The story is not ridiculous, no Covenant ship can match the Infinity, so why throw ships at it when you could just get inside and blow it up?

> Will Bond, John Bond (117 at your service your majesty) force Jul 'Mdama into complete bankruptcy from losing a poker game?

No - Master Chief will defeat him in an arm wrestle and the Storm Covenant will pack up and go home - this is my prediction for Episode 10 Chapter 5. You saw it here first…
EDIT: on topic though, I think you’re completely wrong. Spartan OPs is a great accompaniment to the game and I’m excited that this sort of thing may continue in future Halo games as well.

The Story so far is okay, bit meaningless but it will do. I like Spartan ops. All I hope is that the storyline of Spartan ops is connected to Campaign story. They are trying to locate librarian AI. If they find her, what will happen then? Does it have something to do with Cortana who we are presuming dead? And where is Master Chief during the events of Spartan Ops? He might be seen in coming Episodes?

Um… Nukes are pretty much the only things that can go through the Covenant Vessels in space, apart for the MAC beams or other giant lasers. If the covenant can figure out how to weapon against nukes, they can win pretty much every space battle and thus ground battle.

Also they can just steal them so the humans don’t have them anymore. Simple as that…

Or they just sell them to rebels, which are still existing too. Nuke warheads make a great payment and other special info, ya know…

In other words, nothing is known by far. The game just started and is nowhere near the end. If you think it sucks, don’t play it.

In Ghosts of Onyx, the Covenant stole UNSC nukes as well from Cuba and even used the Orbital Tether to transport them to their own ships.

And now the Covenant is much smaller (it’s almost a terrotist cell, a powerful one with pew pew weapons and lasers) and needs more resourcers.

Read more Halo books before judging wether it fits with the rest of the saga or not.

PS: Imagine a Elite wearing a Russian winter outfit. #NotRacist

Your right and wrong. The ‘plot’ really isn’t there, its not integrated into the missions in a way that makes you go, oh okay that’s what’s going on. All we know is;

A) There is a relic on the Infinity that is at least a two way transporter. ( I assume its 2 ways considering ep:7) But this plot needs to do SOMETHING with 4 episodes left.

B)Both sides are after the Librarian AI master Chief encountered.

C) Spartan Thorn has the best kind of Spartan armor in the Halo Universe its the exact same kind the MC has, Plot Armor, Plot Armor saves you from sword strikes and allows you to 1 shot fully shielded elites with the storm rifle.

Its interesting to see what happens but I wonder how much they are willing to change the Halo universe. Realistically to much change and anyone with out XBL will have no clue come Halo: 5, not enough change, and all the resources that went into Spartan Ops was pointless.

This isn’t bad, without it being a full 10 hour campaign the story will probably be a tad disjointed. I’m interested in how there going to pull off ep 7 since we can confirm there are at least 82 Spartans in the Infinity probably more something in the neighborhood of 200-300 it would be cool to fight along side more fireteams.

It would be interesting to see a Season 2, maybe taking place on Gamma Halo with Flood, or on other Human worlds.

Op, Kilo Five happened.

It depicts them eating a Brute for Christ’s sake!

Also, this:

> The Brutes in Halo 2 stole UNSC gear. They had shotguns. And in the books, the Brutes stole nukes from a space elevator on Earth. The Elite can’t help it his standards have dropped.

The Brutes in Halo 2 also took rocket launchers. And remember how the Elites in Halo 3 would respond favorably if given an UNSC power weapon.

The Elites are simply becoming more like Brutes.

The Storm, not Storm Covenant.

jul is a known terrorist because… HE IS. god, he escaped a prison camp in primordium

I may not agree that’s entirely boring, but damn, OP gave me one hell of a laugh :slight_smile:

Now I can’t stop picturing the Master Chief as James Bond.

Well, I thoroughly enjoy each episode released every Monday. I find the missions fun and the story engaging. An added bonus is that it is all free as well.