Story Expansion Idea

If Halo Inifinite is to continue being the main Halo platform for the next 10 years I think 343 must have some interesting ways to keep us engaged - as I really can’t see them being happy to turn this into a Destiny type model:
What if Halo Infinite used a Spartan Ops or ODST style side campaign where we get smaller, plot driven expansions that concentrate on characters we may not see in the main plot: ie Playing as Blue Team for a few missions, team Osiris, Red Team or Spirit of Fire crew, Alpha-9, or even the Swords of Sanghelios?

What would be people’s thoughts?

I will never tire of saying it. Spartan Ops MUST come back.

> 2533274842428280;2:
> I will never tire of saying it. Spartan Ops MUST come back.

I so agree! The first half of the season was a little repetitive but I still enjoyed it, and the second half was great, and I really liked the overall plot. Any idea why so many people didn’t like it?

> 2533274813608672;3:
> > 2533274842428280;2:
> > I will never tire of saying it. Spartan Ops MUST come back.
>
> I so agree! The first half of the season was a little repetitive but I still enjoyed it, and the second half was great, and I really liked the overall plot. Any idea why so many people didn’t like it?

I can not tell you. I guess the innovative concept he created was too advanced for his time. Although without going any further, we saw how that same game concept was transferred to Destiny.

Spartan Ops could have been our Destiny spinoff, and I will always feel bad that I missed the opportunity.

> 2533274842428280;4:
> > 2533274813608672;3:
> > > 2533274842428280;2:
> > > I will never tire of saying it. Spartan Ops MUST come back.
> >
> > I so agree! The first half of the season was a little repetitive but I still enjoyed it, and the second half was great, and I really liked the overall plot. Any idea why so many people didn’t like it?
>
> I can not tell you. I guess the innovative concept he created was too advanced for his time. Although without going any further, we saw how that same game concept was transferred to Destiny.
>
> Spartan Ops could have been our Destiny spinoff, and I will always feel bad that I missed the opportunity.

Yeah I totally get you - it had a lot of potential! I really do love playing mainline Halo games as Chief, but I really wish we got more of these little experiments

> 2533274813608672;1:
> If Halo Inifinite is to continue being the main Halo platform for the next 10 years I think 343 must have some interesting ways to keep us engaged - as I really can’t see them being happy to turn this into a Destiny type model:
> What if Halo Infinite used a Spartan Ops or ODST style side campaign where we get smaller, plot driven expansions that concentrate on characters we may not see in the main plot: ie Playing as Blue Team for a few missions, team Osiris, Red Team or Spirit of Fire crew, Alpha-9, or even the Swords of Sanghelios?
>
> What would be people’s thoughts?

I think they will read this. Think it’s a good idea. Then so no because it wasn’t ours lol. As far as story itll be interesting. Destiny has a good idea but it gets boring. So not sure it’s the way to go. But guess we will see what they do.

I could see a major expansion coming out in a few years where we play as Jerome and Red team on the Ark fighting The Banished. Halo Infinite doesn’t have to be all Master Chief focused stories.

also, I could see them making side missions completable in a separate menus, online. Have match making similar to Spartan ops, where you and 3 other people go on marine rescues and high profile Banished leader assassination missions etc. it could be like Campaign matchmaking but for side missions.

I would like to see spartan ops like missions with other character in the halo universe like the rest of blue team and red team also I wouldn’t mind playing some side missions as the banished in a spartan ops setting so halo infinite needs campaign and multiplayer also firefight forge and spartan ops