Storm Rifle needs a *slight* nerf

Make it overheat slightly faster (reduce by 0.5 seconds) when trigger is held down. Makes players use burst fire more frequently for multiple engagements.

Honestly the first nerf for the storm rifle I agree with.

it over heats fast enough as it is, players already have to use burst fire to get a kill strictly with it.

> 2533274881086487;3:
> it over heats fast enough as it is, players already have to use burst fire to get a kill strictly with it.

LOL you’re using it wrong

It is a little bit OP to the point where I feel annoyed with it. I wouldn’t bother but I think most people are annoyed with it as well. (Not nearly as bad as the boltshot from Halo 4 but similarly annoying). My opinion is that they should weaken the damage just by a little bit. Not too much, just by a little bit. There really is no defeating it from up close. Even with an SMG. That is why I think it is too OP. The SMG can’t beat it. It isn’t a gamebreaker, but it is something I would like to see adjusted.

> 2533274913126156;4:
> > 2533274881086487;3:
> > it over heats fast enough as it is, players already have to use burst fire to get a kill strictly with it.
>
>
> LOL you’re using it wrong

Very constructive and thought out post. Storm rifle is fine. Just because you keep getting beat up by it doesnt mean it needs a nerf.

> 2533274913126156;4:
> > 2533274881086487;3:
> > it over heats fast enough as it is, players already have to use burst fire to get a kill strictly with it.
>
>
> LOL you’re using it wrong

well then i forgot on way point things need to be spelled out for other to understand your point.
if you dont burst fire, and hit the enemy the whole time yes you will get the kill.

if the opposing player makes you miss the shots then you over heat. its not like the SMG where you can keep spraying and chase your opponent, if you are being forced to chase them then you are overheating quickly and will not get the kill strictly with the weapon

> 2533274816299345;6:
> > 2533274913126156;4:
> > > 2533274881086487;3:
> > > it over heats fast enough as it is, players already have to use burst fire to get a kill strictly with it.
> >
> >
> > LOL you’re using it wrong
>
>
> Very constructive and thought out post. Storm rifle is fine. Just because you keep getting beat up by it doesnt mean it needs a nerf.

You know how I know you don’t play arena much?

Storm rifle is broken. Everyone knows this. It completely breaks empire and riptide.

Can we stop saying “nerf” because every thread I go to is full of scrubs who don’t even know how to play the game and just ruin and -Yoink- up everything…can we call it “fisher price” instead…Let’s fisher price the weapons and as a matter of fact let’s nerf the wheels on the warthog…Let’s just make it a non kill oriented game and let’s just live butt -Yoink- naked outside in the forest and not eat and have teeth because having teeth and eating is violent. Let’s nerf our teeth.

> 2533274816628272;8:
> > 2533274816299345;6:
> > > 2533274913126156;4:
> > > > 2533274881086487;3:
> > > > it over heats fast enough as it is, players already have to use burst fire to get a kill strictly with it.
> > >
> > >
> > > LOL you’re using it wrong
> >
> >
> > Very constructive and thought out post. Storm rifle is fine. Just because you keep getting beat up by it doesnt mean it needs a nerf.
>
>
> You know how I know you don’t play arena much?
>
> Storm rifle is broken. Everyone knows this. It completely breaks empire and riptide.

Storm rifle is fine for casual, non-competitive players. But yeah, on Empire versus a coordinated team that own both storm rifles? game over.

> 2533274913126156;4:
> > 2533274881086487;3:
> > it over heats fast enough as it is, players already have to use burst fire to get a kill strictly with it.
>
>
> LOL you’re using it wrong

There’s no way of using any weapon wrong, unless it’s a close-range gun for long-range or vise versa.

I agree that it needs a slight nerf, however, I think the range needs to be changed. It’s amazing how smartscope can essentially let you “snipe” people with ar weapons. Initially it was said smartscope would not improve accuracy but it actually does, yet no one talks about this. Still it can outkill the pistal at medium range, by that I mean if you are top mid fathom and someones on the ramp they can kill you with the stormrifle before you can get more than 3 shots off, people will deny this but its true.

Also, generally, bullet magneticism (AKA Auto Aim, they may call it something else but its really this), needs to be reduced. Yesterday I found a game where a guy hit my elbow and got a headshot with the DMR (from close range)

> 2533274876585558;12:
> I agree that it needs a slight nerf, however, I think the range needs to be changed. It’s amazing how smartscope can essentially let you “snipe” people with ar weapons. Initially it was said smartscope would not improve accuracy but it actually does, yet no one talks about this. Still it can outkill the pistal at medium range, by that I mean if you are top mid fathom and someones on the ramp they can kill you with the stormrifle before you can get more than 3 shots off, people will deny this but its true.
>
> Also, generally, bullet magneticism (AKA Auto Aim, they may call it something else but its really this), needs to be reduced. Yesterday I found a game where a guy hit my elbow and got a headshot with the DMR (from close range)

The aim assist/bullet magnetism has always been broken for me. My headshots never register despite spamming shots, and I somehow score headshots by hitting them in the chest region. What is this madness?

Oh hey another pointless AMAGAD I GOT KILLED BY A CERTAIN GUN NERF PLS thread…
Ok so we have had the storm rifle
the SMG
the AR
the BR
the H2 BR
the boltshot
I might have missed some but you get the point.

Time to move on.

I think it’s fine as it is.

> 2533274944443710;14:
> Oh hey another pointless AMAGAD I GOT KILLED BY A CERTAIN GUN NERF PLS thread…
> Ok so we have had the storm rifle
> the SMG
> the AR
> the BR
> the H2 BR
> the boltshot
> I might have missed some but you get the point.
>
> Time to move on.

I think someone said nerf the blaze of glory, answer, snipers, needlers, whiplash, I think the plasma pistol, and the scattershot, and for vehicles ghost and gooses

it has such a short range it seems fine to me. you have to be pretty close with it unless you really work at it.

Storm rifle is fine as it is.

The problem I have with it when you’re unshielded it kills too quick.

> 2533274881086487;3:
> it over heats fast enough as it is, players already have to use burst fire to get a kill strictly with it.

Then you need practice, this is the most overused common weapon in the game. If someone can kill me with it faster than perfect heads shots from 20 feet away it needs a nerf. Shoot still getting used to shotgun have a 20 foot range too.