STORM RIFLE (Balancing Plasma Autos in H5)

How do you think they will balance it?

They won’t.

Bravo good sir!

I think they will include both it and the repeater; the repeater to dominate at the very closest range, with terrible smart scope, and the Storm Rifle will be pretty similar to the assualt rifle, with larger spread but better Smart Scope.

> 2533274902478287;3:
> Bravo good sir!
>
> I think they will include both it and the repeater; the repeater to dominate at the very closest range, with terrible smart scope, and the Storm Rifle will be pretty similar to the assualt rifle, with larger spread but better Smart Scope.

I want the repeater back more than the storm rifle. The repeater felt more like the covenant version of the AR.

I’m pretty sure the Plasma Rifle is coming back, Arbiter’s Elites were holding them in that one cutscene with Locke. The Storm Rifle will probably still be there for Jul’s faction as well. I doubt the Repeater is coming back, it was pretty much garbage in Reach and the Storm Rifle does a better job anyways.

The Storm Rifle was terribly underpowered and the spread was awfully large in H4 so I really hope they either A) buff it significantly or B) just get rid of it.

Plasma repeater >>>> Storm rifle
Also hope the plasma rifle makes a return.

It would make sense for them to include the Storm Rifle, it does feel right in the environment set up right now. if they don’t include, it may give a hint at what kind of enemies we are facing in the Halo 5 campaign since the Storm Rifle is used by the Covenant Remnant. It may be used by the Swords of Sanghelios though.

I think plasma weapons as a whole are getting a rework, probably one of the reasons we havent seen any in the beta so far. Maybe add mini stuns to all of them or special abilities but lower damage in comparison to their human/Promethean counterparts?

Plasma weapons typically take down shields faster than the other weapons. But with shields being as weak as they are, it would be hard to justify using them unless they make core changes on how plasma weapons work.

Yeah I think that’s true, I think an adapted Storm Rifle would feel right in this Beta, but they also want to include the Plasma Rifle. However, they haven’t gotten the balancing right yet and/or models completed perhaps so we’ve seen neither. That is also possibility!

I am a huge fan of the Storm Rifle, I am actually one of the best in Halo 4 with it, the Repeater as well (kills with weapon stat). But I am going to be excited if they include either Plasma Rifle or Repeater, as long as they bring back STORM RIFLE also :)! lol Anyone else agree?

what about a storm rifle/ repeater mix for close ranges + a plasma rifle for longer ranges

Plasma repeater/storm rifle as an AR counterpart and the classic plasma rifle as a SMG counterpart?

Edit: And to make them work different have plasma absolutely shred through shields, but do the same damage to health as bullets. Make them feel more powerful than the human weapons, as we don’t have loadouts. Plus if you wanted to balance them more you could have them overheat really quickly, so you couldn’t get more than one kill from a “clip.”

> 2535432359236232;5:
> I’m pretty sure the Plasma Rifle is coming back, Arbiter’s Elites were holding them in that one cutscene with Locke. The Storm Rifle will probably still be there for Jul’s faction as well. I doubt the Repeater is coming back, it was pretty much garbage in Reach and the Storm Rifle does a better job anyways.

The Repeater worked fantastically if you knew how to use it, and in invasion as an elite you had the assist reticle.

> 2533274834812510;6:
> The Storm Rifle was terribly underpowered and the spread was awfully large in H4 so I really hope they either A) buff it significantly or B) just get rid of it.

The Storm rifle had higher damage than the AR, knowing how to lead your target gave a huge advantage over AR users.

Honestly, if all three were to be added into halo 5 they’ll have to tweak each one to be different, in halo 2+3 the plasma rifle needed 18 hits to kill but in reach it needed 16 and the repeater needed 18. If they could do something like this:
Accuracy: Storm>Repeater>PRifle
Damage: PRifle>Repeater>Storm
the fire rate could be consistent with the storm but for the repeater and Prifle it gradually increases.
The repeater keeps its venting ability
200 shots at 100% for the big guns, 400 for the Prifle

F*ck it, bring the Brute Prilfe as well, higher fire rate than the Prifle, same damage and overs heats considerably quicker and loses accuracy quicker as well.