Storm Rifle Ammo Was Increased in the TU

Hey everyone, I was playing around in the TU getting some footage and I noticed something - The SR’s ammo was increased, well, more specifically the SR is now more efficient with its battery. Let me explain.

Pre-TU 1% Battery = 2 shots, with or without ammo.

But now 1% Battery = 3 shots normally, and 4 shots with ammo.

So it went from having 200 shots normally and 300 with ammo - to having 300 shots normally and 600 with ammo!

I just tested this out to double check myself, and I must say its a rather substantial increase to go unmentioned by 343. Go check it out for yourself. If this is a glitch they may fix it soon, but until they do (if they do) im going to enjoy having a massive ammo pool with this weapon.

> Hey everyone, I was playing around in the TU getting some footage and I noticed something - The SR’s ammo was increased, well, more specifically the SR is now more efficient with its battery. Let me explain.
>
> Pre-TU 1% Battery = 2 shots, with or without ammo.
>
> But now 1% Battery = 3 shots normally, and <mark>4 shots with ammo.</mark>
>
> So it went from having 200 shots normally and 300 with ammo - to having 300 shots normally and <mark>600</mark> with ammo!
>
> I just tested this out to double check myself, and I must say its a rather substantial increase to go unmentioned by 343. Go check it out for yourself. If this is a glitch they may fix it soon, but until they do (if they do) im going to enjoy having a massive ammo pool with this weapon.

I would think with ammo it would have 400 shots instead of 600…

Anyway, great find!

> I would think with ammo it would have 400 shots instead of 600…
>
> Anyway, great find!

well with ammo the batter capacity goes up to 150%, so 150x4=600

Yep you basically have enough ammo to last a whole match on one Storm Rifle.

That’s a great change. I used to find myself needing to run Ammo if I wanted to use the Storm Rifle pre-TU.

If this is true, I may actually give it a try.

Though I’m still oh so horribly scarred from being shot by a dozen Elites in Spartan Ops. D:

> If this is true, I may actually give it a try.
>
> Though I’m still oh so horribly scarred from being shot by a dozen Elites in Spartan Ops. D:

I just tested this a second time with a friend, I can more than confirm its true, but it only applies to anything updated in the TU. We tested it specifically in Team Infinity Slayer, so maybe in another playlist it would be different.

Wow! Great find OP!
Definitely going to use the Storm Rifle later on today.

Well that’s good. So with the ammo perk it burns off as much ammo as the plasma rifle did in previous games (PR had 400 shots in a battery).

I might give it a try now…

I noticed this yesterday, as well. The weapon isn’t a 3-4 people only with no means of reloading other than death (since the storm rifle is the least popular primary).