Storm Covenant Confirmation?

Linky

So they are still loyalists?

i always under the impression that they were covenant loyalists all along.

I wouldn’t fully trust OXM.

But I think its obvious enough that there is a new Covenant Faction titled “Storm” (Storm Rifle, Storm Grunt) that shares similar beliefs to the Loyalist Covies. (Searching for Forerunner things on Requiem, hating Humans).

I like the idea of there being a small group of Covenant loyalists who still believe in the Great Journey. It also explains why other races (Grunts, Jackals) are still working with the Elites as they were before, since they would basically be the same thing as the Covenant used to be and all believe in the Great Journey as well.

the Covenant has been disbanded, Storm is just an ultra-religious sect that still follows the Great Journey. read Glasslands

Perhaps this “Storm” faction altered the genetic makeup of the species (Jackals, Grunts, Elites) to make them more fierce in combat, that’s why they’re looks are so off?

> the Covenant has been disbanded, Storm is just an ultra-religious sect that still follows the Great Journey. read Glasslands

Guess i need to re-read it. I don’t remember that part :open_mouth:

> > the Covenant has been disbanded, Storm is just an ultra-religious sect that still follows the Great Journey. read Glasslands
>
> Guess i need to re-read it. <mark>I don’t remember that part</mark> :open_mouth:

Because their is no Storm faction in Glasslands. There is the Servants of Abiding Truth who still cling to the Great Journey, but not the human exterminating ideas of the Prophets. But their fate is in question due to Glasslands ending and a hint at a battle on Sanghelios.

> Perhaps this “Storm” faction altered the genetic makeup of the species (Jackals, Grunts, Elites) to make them more fierce in combat, that’s why they’re looks are so off?

Why can’t people just accept that it’s Artistic License and they wanted to breathe new air in the Franchise???

Yes i know they don’t look like the species we all know and love

Yes i know everyone agrees that they don’t resemble anything about the previous incarnations

Just DEAL with it. I hear no one whining about the weapons, the FUD, or anything changed as much as this.

Also they already confirmed they are not some mutants or whatever, they are just re-imagined, like the Mark VI Mjolnir Armor…

> > Perhaps this “Storm” faction altered the genetic makeup of the species (Jackals, Grunts, Elites) to make them more fierce in combat, that’s why they’re looks are so off?
>
> Why can’t people just accept that it’s Artistic License and they wanted to breathe new air in the Franchise???
>
> Yes i know they don’t look like the species we all know and love
>
> Yes i know everyone agrees that they don’t resemble anything about the previous incarnations
>
> Just DEAL with it. I hear no one whining about the weapons, the FUD, or anything changed as much as this.
>
> Also they already confirmed they are not some mutants or whatever, they are just re-imagined, like the Mark VI Mjolnir Armor…

You can’t just change things in a story without a good explanation. Artistic Freedom is not a reason for the supposed bird like jackals to look like alligators. >:|

> > > Perhaps this “Storm” faction altered the genetic makeup of the species (Jackals, Grunts, Elites) to make them more fierce in combat, that’s why they’re looks are so off?
> >
> > Why can’t people just accept that it’s Artistic License and they wanted to breathe new air in the Franchise???
> >
> > Yes i know they don’t look like the species we all know and love
> >
> > Yes i know everyone agrees that they don’t resemble anything about the previous incarnations
> >
> > Just DEAL with it. I hear no one whining about the weapons, the FUD, or anything changed as much as this.
> >
> > Also they already confirmed they are not some mutants or whatever, they are just re-imagined, like the Mark VI Mjolnir Armor…
>
> You can’t just change things in a story <mark>without a good explanation</mark>. Artistic Freedom is not a reason for the supposed bird like jackals to look like alligators. >:|

What do we need an explanation for everything? How did the new weapons get into the FUD?? Hmmm i remember that in Halo 3 the BR was the BR55 Heavy Barrel Service Rifle, which returns as the BR85 Heavy Barrel Service Rifle…Wait how did the weapon change?? Master Cheif also seems to use it in the beginning of the game as seen from multiple campaign shots from the first mission ( NOT THE E3)…same applies to the Assualt rifle and others…

Do we need an explantion for that too? Also Master Chiefs armor, the covenant, blah blah blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

We don’t need explantions, Artistic License is good enough and those to question it are just looking for trouble