Store update from Jerry Hook. Changes incoming

There isn’t a $60 on the game, it is on the campaign, along with future DLCs. I think there should be a store but there also should be a way to get most of the stuff, if not all, for free

1 Like

You’re welcome to believe this if you so wish.
Although you only have to turn the game on and see it’s all the same. Be mindful in your expenditure and only spend what you can afford.

Those are the facts. The MP is free while the campaign by itself is priced the same as a full AAA game package. And then they are charging us $1000 just for S1.
The game going f2p is just a big money grab

4 Likes

Exactly. The “store” can go to hell. I bought the battlepass to get unlocks for cool stuff. That should be enough. That’s the point of buying it, right??

7 Likes

It’s called double speak. But facts are; you turn on the game and everything is under one roof.

1 Like

Have everything from the season in the store at once, have some rotating bundles like others mentioned, then give us a way to earn credits. They’d still make money off the campaign/DLCs and the whales who don’t want to grind and it would allow others to make some credits then buy a few to get what they want

2 Likes

Good but that still doesn’t help with the progression system just cuz prices go down :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

No it’s like buying something on amazon and getting a gift card of th diffrence when the price changes mid shipping.

One thing at a time. I’m not done voicing concerns about Infinite, but if the store prices come down, bundles get better, some things are sold individually, and they offer a way to earn credits, then the store may be something I stop complaining about.

3 Likes

If they add earnable credits, that IS a progression system

I think people want a general rank or something like that. One that isn’t tied to a playlist. Like the rank system from Reach, or even a number like in Halo 5. I know I want something like that. You’re right, having credits being unlockable is a form of progression, and so is the battle pass, but I still don’t feel it’d be enough.

On the bright side, Jerry did mention they were looking into unlockable credits on Twitter. It’s not confirmed like the lower prices, but it gives hope.

3 Likes

Yeah, he said
“I think we need both”
That is really hopeful

I feel like that would’ve been great (if they were going with the core system but it would work even if it was crosscore) to have the MK.VII be completely free, all of its stuff would be in the BP and the rank progression and then future stuff could be added to it in future BPs.

2 Likes

They can drop the price as much as they want…I still won’t put down a single penny towards those stupid MT’s. Now if they release a new campaign expansion then yeh I’ll buy that but I have zero interest in wasting money on stupid things that should have been part of the game for no extra charge and it’s bad enough 343i doesn’t give us ‘loyal’ fans that have bought every game including the Halo Infinite ‘base’ game and yet we get the bare minimum.

Yeh holding off buying anything…so much that it has basically stopped from wanting to play further. Meanwhile Halo 5 got me playing till max rank despite having predatory systems too and that’s because the game actually let me earn of a lot of content.

3 Likes

Ok sweetheart I will

Sure let’s earn credits…by still doing stupid challenges :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Honestly I’d give it like 3 weeks, they said over the next company Ng weeks they will make several changes, so maybe we just pace ourselves.

Like if we buy something I think it should be from the individual items. But again let’s see what content they provide because who know.

But for everyone else I would hold off on making any purchases with this week’s store. We .ost likely won’t be refunded the difference.

2 Likes

I’d say we earn them by just saying rounds, like reach your performance granted you a certain amount of Credits.

But we do need a way to earn them in game

3 Likes

They really just need to take the progression system from reach and copy it over same.ranks and all.

Each rank unlocks that rank as an Emblem… And more milestone ranks unlock other stuff on top of that …

Seriously it’s not even a hard concept to implement. They have systems that worked in the past titles that people liked and they still missed that mark

3 Likes

They definitely need to take several pointers from Reach’s multiplayer and improve it.

Progression should feel a lot less like a dime a dozen battle pass and more like your traditional unlock system. Probably won’t ever happen because of the big f2p stamp but -Yoink!-.

4 Likes

I agree. FTP only really benefits new people to halo that aren’t going to buy the campaign and are just here for the crack. Most halo fans are getting stung and half of them don’t see it. Bewildered by double speak.

2 Likes