Stopping power

I’m all for guns having stopping power but it doesn’t make sense to get slowed down while being shot in the back.
I hadn’t noticed this till today so I don’t know if it was added in an update or if it was in the game from the start and I just didn’t notice at first. Either way, it’s crap. If anything, the force of the bullets should make you move faster when hit from behind. Not slower.

Have you been pelted by the concussion rifle yet ? HUGE stopping power, blew back 5 feet before it even dropped my shields !

This is why I use thrusters to evade gun fire when retreating.

There’s plenty of cover to run behind to. I dont see this slowing down taking really any effect.

a bullet would make you stumble genius not suddenly strap nikes on your feet. it makes sense. unless you want it to be more realistic and actually stun you like it did back in SOCOM

> a bullet would make you stumble genius not suddenly strap nikes on your feet. it makes sense. unless you want it to be more realistic and actually stun you like it did back in SOCOM

We’re talking about a game where cybernetic super soldiers are waging war across the universe against multiple alien races and flying around in spaceships and travelling through slipspace portals to the other side of the galaxy. I think any sense of realism went out the window back in 2001. Also, because they are cybernetic super soldiers with increased strenght (can flip over an upside down tank etc) and they have energy shields that absorb a lot of the damage and impact from shots, no, they probably wouldn’t stumble from a few bullets hitting them in the energy shield.

Besides, stopping power in games is meant more to be the impact of the bullets driving you back and was first used to try and stop people just sprinting headfirst into gunfire to get the cheap melee kill, not simulate stumbling or whatever.
I’m talking about when you are sprinting across the open and somebody starts shooting you in the back and all of a sudden you seem to be running slower than your default movement speed. More often than not, you can’t turn in time to do anything about it and you sure as hell can’t move fast enough to dodge or get to any kind of cover.
About the only time it doesn’t happen is when it’s the DMR, BR and sniper rifle, since they aren’t fully automatic.

It’s just an attempt to balance the game out a bit more since everyone can sprint now, back before Reach nobody could sprint and you could always pick off people trying to run away (Provided you weren’t terrible). Oh hey, I’m being shot at, RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN, PHEW, I’m behind cover.

> It’s just an attempt to balance the game out a bit more since everyone can sprint now, back before Reach nobody could sprint and you could always pick off people trying to run away (Provided you weren’t terrible). Oh hey, I’m being shot at, RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN, PHEW, I’m behind cover.

Maybe, but in an effort to balance out sprint, they’ve made all the fully automatic weapons even more powerful.

> > It’s just an attempt to balance the game out a bit more since everyone can sprint now, back before Reach nobody could sprint and you could always pick off people trying to run away (Provided you weren’t terrible). Oh hey, I’m being shot at, RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN, PHEW, I’m behind cover.
>
> Maybe, but in an effort to balance out sprint, they’ve made all the fully automatic weapons even more powerful.

Good points. I was about to rage with this. I absolutly hate the stopping power, but it makes sense its there to counter the sprint. Still hate it though, really hate it.

Even if it is a way to balance sprint I don’t like it.

How does it not make sense?

1: You turn and run away.

2: You get shot.

3: Despite having Shields, you feel an impact and likely sharp pain, which causes you to flinch/stumble slightly.

4: You correct yourself and keep running.

In all seriousness though, Halo 4 doesn’t really need sprint.

I’ve noticed this a few times recently as well. It’s definitely part of H4.

Different guns will slow down an opponent more than others apparently as well. I just saw THIS posted earlier, where it was noted that a BR will slow down an opponent more than a DMR if they’re fleeing/pursuing while being shot.

If we did away with sprint we would not be having any of these problems