Stopping Power....

I’m surprised that I haven’t heard any talk of this. One of my main problems with the game is that when you get shot, you get slowed down. Not nearly as much as the Halo CE plasma rifle obviously, but it’s still noticeable and unnecessary.

its fine.

dont run, shoot back.

> dont run, shoot back.

Sometimes you have to run.

It makes strafing slower also, want me to stand still? Sometimes people only get the kill BECAUSE it slowed me down. Such a dumb feature.

First people were complaining about people running away now you’re complaining because you can’t. I absolutely hate this community.

It prevents the double melee rush from Reach. And it also prevents sprinting and chasing kills.

It doesn’t effect strafe. You should be shooting your opponent too while you strafe, thus it would cancel out anyway.

ask anyone who has ever been shot… you slow down.

> Sometimes people only get the kill BECAUSE it slowed me down. Such a dumb feature.

^This. Completely agree here.

They should make it like Reach, where it was more about the amount of times you got shot, rather then the damage.

> > dont run, shoot back.
>
> Sometimes you have to run.

Sometimes you have to hide. Why the hell are ancient Britney Spears lyrics the first thing to pop into my mind when I read that? I need some bourbon.

Anyway, “stopping power” is fine. It’s the least of the issues with the game, if an issue at all. I honestly don’t notice it. When I’m not in a position to fight back, someone usually got the drop on me and I’m dead no matter what or I was already too close to cover for them to get more than a glancing shot. I never really find myself in a mad dash from open land. Maybe you need to address how you’re playing the game. Lingering in the open on big maps is a bad idea. Though if your problem is a lack of situational awareness, I can’t really help you on that.

> First people were complaining about people running away now you’re complaining because you can’t. I absolutely hate this community.

You know that people have different views right? It’s not running away. Example… I’m running to an objective. I start getting shot in the back. The guy already has a huge advantage.

Your options in this situation without stopping power:

You either continue running to try to get to some cover before engaging them, or you try turning around and out-shooting them hoping that they miss some shots.

Your options with stopping power:

Die before you get to cover.

Turn around and die.

> ask anyone who has ever been shot… you slow down.

VIDEO GAMES ARE NOT REAL LIFE!

> ask anyone who has ever been shot… you slow down.

But we’re any of them wearing armor spartan armor with shields 500 years in the future?

I don’t like stopping power but if they have to keep it in it should only be applicable from the front. You should not be slowed down if you get shot in the back, that’s just dumb.

I agree with that, only from the front. That would stop the melee rushers.

> > First people were complaining about people running away now you’re complaining because you can’t. I absolutely hate this community.
>
> You know that people have different views right? It’s not running away. Example… I’m running to an objective. I start getting shot in the back. The guy already has a huge advantage.
>
> Your options in this situation without stopping power:
>
> You either continue running to try to get to some cover before engaging them, or you try turning around and out-shooting them hoping that they miss some shots.
>
> Your options with stopping power:
>
> Die before you get to cover.
>
> Turn around and die.
>
>
>
> > ask anyone who has ever been shot… you slow down.
>
> VIDEO GAMES ARE NOT REAL LIFE!

The way your saying it is that you are in the open so if you do get shot you should die or you should try to fight back. If you’re right beside cover and someone shoots you, you can easily get back into cover. I can tell already you don’t play very smart. Try staying near cover when engaging enemies so if you do start losing just take cover. Don’t run and gun or you will die.

> It makes strafing slower also, want me to stand still? Sometimes people only get the kill BECAUSE it slowed me down. Such a dumb feature.

thats where thruster pack comes in.

I think only the Plasma weapons should slow you down. It’s really dumb when I’m trying to run from a horrible Complex spawn and just cuz I’m getting DMR’d I get super slowed down. Sprint just needs to be slowed down.

> > dont run, shoot back.
>
> Sometimes you have to run.

It’s a catch 22. For the most part, try to be mindful of the potential of each situation. Even when you are careful, it’s the luck of the draw sometimes.