stopping power is a joke.

Is there a specialization that negates the effect of stopping power?

You mean that slow down when you Sprint? Yeah i am glad they added it in because that was a major gripe i had with Sprint in Reach. It makes running away harder and that is a good thing to punish players/noobs being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

It’s still annoying when they do get away because i am robbed of a kill (hey at least i am being honest here).

There is no Specialization that can negate or reduce the effects of Stopping Power. There’s Stability to reduce flinching while scoped in but that’s about it.

There’s stopping power in this game? Wow.

Don’t you mean Damage Boost?

If you’re talking about the slow-down of Sprint when getting shot, it’s only annoying when it happens as you’re running the opposite way of the enemy.

I don’t think I understand what stopping power is? Someone else said you slow down when sprinting if someone shoots you? I haven’t noticed this.

> You mean that slow down when you Sprint? Yeah i am glad they added it in because that was a major gripe i had with Sprint in Reach. It makes running away harder and that is a good thing to punish players/noobs being at the wrong place at the wrong time.
>
> It’s still annoying when they do get away because i am robbed of a kill (hey at least i am being honest here).
>
>
>
> There is no Specialization that can negate or reduce the effects of Stopping Power. There’s Stability to reduce flinching while scoped in but that’s about it.

there’s none? that’s sad considering that it’s hard to clutch in this game thanks to the buffed primary weapons, when i see 3 blips moving my way, i don’t bother stick around. i mean in past halo games i might have stayed and try to press my luck but in this one i just can’t…

i called damage boost murder mode :slight_smile:

> i called damage boost murder mode :slight_smile:

Fitting name.

I call it Devastator mode as an ode to the N7 Destroyer class from Mass Effect 3. That’s just how i roll :).

Speed Boost with Suppressor is also deadly.

> Is there a specialization that negates the effect of stopping power?

stopping power…seriously?

The slowdown while sprinting is great.

It can be a little frustrating but it is SO MUCH BETTER than not having it at all.

> there’s none? that’s sad considering that it’s hard to clutch in this game thanks to the buffed primary weapons, when i see 3 blips moving my way, i don’t bother stick around. i mean in past halo games i might have stayed and try to press my luck but in this one i just can’t…

Yes you still can, I just did something similar to that a few games ago : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfH5vbBT1XI

1 had the DMR/BS combo, and the other two both had beam rifles. They were killing my teammates so I went in there and took them out by myself.

The only time the slow-down-while-sprinting does not work on you is only when you have the Energy Sword or Gravity Hammer out(not holstered). However, if you sprint while on a speed boost, the slow-down effect will be applied to you.

Other than that trick, there’s nothing else that can stop this mechanic.

lol 1 vs 3 is indeed impossible…if out in the open.BR vs 3 DMR in the open=insta death.

> lol 1 vs 3 is indeed impossible…if out in the open.BR vs 3 DMR in the open=insta death.

1v3 is more than possible…

Dexterity… Might work.

I am shocked that people are saying they haven’t noticed this. It is one of my primary gripes with this “game”.

Sure, in Reach it was annoying when your target turned tail and ran away from a fight you were going to win, but Halo 4 has taken it so far in the opposite direction, Stopping Power is far worse than the lack of it in Reach.

DMR’s that have ridiculous bullet magnetism, on big maps with bad spawns, leads to rapid kill-times where the person caught out in the open first (I’m talking 4-5 metres from the nearest cover) isn’t going to make it back.

This, in tandem with rock campers (everyone on pretty much every map) who can summon power weapons to their camp-spot instead of having to go fetch them, leads to a crappy game.

Let’s roleplay:

You take 5 steps out from behind a tree you spawned on in Ragnarok (2 seconds walk) when a dude across-map, behind a rock with only the top of his head showing, opens fire with a DMR in-scope (he is not going to miss a shot because he’s got extreme bullet magnetism).

You can’t open fire back with your DMR, because he’s one shot ahead of you and already in-scope, and flinch will make it near-impossible (a stroke of luck) for you sight in on him and flinch him back. You’re too far away to get bullet magnetism without your scope so hip-fire is out of the question.

So you turn around and sprint back for cover… except stopping power slows you to that of a crawl. An unfortunate circumstance you will not survive.

Except this isn’t an unfortunate circumstance. This is a regular occurrence in nearly every match on Halo 4’s War Games.

<hr>

Stopping Power is just one of many, many fatal flaws that have ensured I don’t buy Halo 5 or 6. What makes it worse is that each flaw works with another flaw to become worse than the sum of their parts. It truly is spectacular. Stopping power wouldn’t be an issue without the inability to shoot someone out of scope, which could fit in well with the speed of this game if you just make bullet magnetism less like a 2km range GPS targeting system, which encourages cross-map in-scope camping, which is only a problem because campers have no incentive to move because they can spawn their dice-roll power weapons to their camp spots.

What a glorious -Yoink–up this game is. The multiplayer is nothing but a trainwreck of faults. Single player was good, mind you, but by god was anything and everything on disc 2 broken and just totally unsatisfactory.