STOP WITH THE DYING ALREADY

As we know Halo has lost a large part of its popularity in recent years but it is in know way a dying franchise . I was browsing the enternet yesterday and i noticed a lot of Websites saying. Halo is dying ,Halo died with 3 ,Halo reach killed halo . I had to stop and look at these statements and think what? Granted Halo has lost poularity to the CALL OF DUTY franchise but is in know way dying . We are just above average now [I mean above average because Reach is still one of the most played games on xboxlive after a year and a half and is already more played then Gears of war 3 wich has been out half a year].We had become so used to being the top game that when we finally did fall to the realm of average games . people began to say Halo is dying . I do believe we will return to top dog on the xbox with Halo 4 and the entire Reclamer trilogy . Halo can not pass total cod sales because cod is on every gaming system possible While halo is just xbox . Though i will be satisfied if Halo can going in to the future out sell COD on the xbox wich it has done in its past .I would love to see a large chunk of COD players leave COD and come to Halo . This is possible conciderng a large chunk of COD players are former Halo players . The future is bright for Halo in the future not dimming Halo 4 will prove halo is still strong and the best fps Hold strong are Golden age is soon to return .

Another one of these?

sigh

I love people who believe everything they read on the internet. A lot of people said that Reach wouldn’t last 6 months either. The population has dipped and jumped to any normal degree.

People over-hype everything on the internet.

Since when is sales the most important thing to a gamer

I did not say i believed halo was dying i said i am tired of other people dooming the franchise when it still is very popular and has a very bright future .

> Since when is sales the most important thing to a gamer

Sales do not matter to me i just stated that is the way a lot of people look at games and if Halo outsells COD they will see that Halo is not dead .

> > Since when is sales the most important thing to a gamer
>
> Sales do not matter to me i just stated that is the way a lot of people look at games and if Halo outsells COD they will see that Halo is not dead .

That’s not how it works, you attract others, by making it appealing. CoD is appealing to most because it is always advertised in your face. Halo takes the back seat which is what I like about it and even though a game may win on sales, it doesn’t mean others will go to Halo.

I would rather play with 100,000 of the most dedicated and awesome Halo fans than play with 2 million casual gamers. Sales do not mark a video games success.

Lets take the COD series for example. It is a game mass produced and designed to be a generic, fast paced shooter to appeal to a wide range of casual gamers and produce the most money.

Lets look at Halo and Bungie as a company. When Bungie had Halo in their control, they didn’t care or expect Halo to get this big. They did everything they wanted and if they made money, great.

Now halo has a new master. And, while understanding what makes Halo, Halo can be difficult, you know Halo is a unique series in itself.

What i am saying is a GOOD Halo game will not go out of it’s way to try and steal all the kiddies from cod to get the most money.

> > > Since when is sales the most important thing to a gamer
> >
> > Sales do not matter to me i just stated that is the way a lot of people look at games and if Halo outsells COD they will see that Halo is not dead .
>
> That’s not how it works, you attract others, by making it appealing. CoD is appealing to most because it is always advertised in your face. Halo takes the back seat which is what I like about it and even though a game may win on sales, it doesn’t mean others will go to Halo.

It is true what you said but i am personily expecting that near the Halo 4 release date we will see a massive advertising campaign for it .

> > > > Since when is sales the most important thing to a gamer
> > >
> > > Sales do not matter to me i just stated that is the way a lot of people look at games and if Halo outsells COD they will see that Halo is not dead .
> >
> > That’s not how it works, you attract others, by making it appealing. CoD is appealing to most because it is always advertised in your face. Halo takes the back seat which is what I like about it and even though a game may win on sales, it doesn’t mean others will go to Halo.
>
> It is true what you said but i am personily expecting that near the Halo 4 release date we will see a massive advertising campaign for it .

Of course we will, don’t underestimate Microsoft. They will pour millions into Halo 4 advertising and get a massive return.

Don’t sell Halo short, Halo 3 alone was played more than like 90% of all games on xbox live.

> I would rather play with 100,000 of the most dedicated and awesome Halo fans than play with 2 million casual gamers. Sales do not mark a video games success.
>
> Lets take the COD series for example. It is a game mass produced and designed to be a generic, fast paced shooter to appeal to a wide range of casual gamers and produce the most money.
>
> Lets look at Halo and Bungie as a company. When Bungie had Halo in their control, they didn’t care or expect Halo to get this big. They did everything they wanted and if they made money, great.
>
> Now halo has a new master. And, while understanding what makes Halo, Halo can be difficult, you know Halo is a unique series in itself.
>
> What i am saying is a GOOD Halo game will not go out of it’s way to try and steal all the kiddies from cod to get the most money.

Yes but if Halo 4 returns to what Made halo great All the Halo fans who left for cod will return . I am just tring to prove halo is not a dying franchise .

> > Since when is sales the most important thing to a gamer
>
> Sales do not matter to me i just stated that is the way a lot of people look at games and if Halo outsells COD they will see that Halo is not dead .

Halo cannot easily outsell COD due to COD being on multiple platforms. It has twice as many sales opportunities than Halo. Halo has maintained it’s high selling popularity on one console alone since 2001. I think the only way it’ll be Doomed is if there is in fact a “Halo Killer” on the horizon.

There has been nothing to suggest this at all.

> > I would rather play with 100,000 of the most dedicated and awesome Halo fans than play with 2 million casual gamers. Sales do not mark a video games success.
> >
> > Lets take the COD series for example. It is a game mass produced and designed to be a generic, fast paced shooter to appeal to a wide range of casual gamers and produce the most money.
> >
> > Lets look at Halo and Bungie as a company. When Bungie had Halo in their control, they didn’t care or expect Halo to get this big. They did everything they wanted and if they made money, great.
> >
> > Now halo has a new master. And, while understanding what makes Halo, Halo can be difficult, you know Halo is a unique series in itself.
> >
> > What i am saying is a GOOD Halo game will not go out of it’s way to try and steal all the kiddies from cod to get the most money.
>
> Yes but if Halo 4 returns to what Made halo great All the Halo fans who left for cod will return . I am just tring to prove halo is not a dying franchise .

An estimate: 90% of all video games are composed of “casual gamers”. They don’t stick to one series, they want to be part of that current “best thing”.

Many people will leave Halo 4 once the new cod comes out. It is natural, just as MANY gamers will leave the recent cod to come and play halo 4. it is an eternal cycle.

Halo as a series is not going to die any tie soon. -Yoink!- has made too much money from halo to let that happen.

However, if they turn Halo into a cash cow, they WILL lose money from the large fanbase.

I agree i am hoping that Halo 4 will retan a large population for a long time like Halo 3 not simply sink like Halo reach .

> I agree i am hoping that Halo 4 will retan a large population for a long time like Halo 3 not simply sink like Halo reach .

I’m just hoping that “I” enjoy it.

Screw what other people think.

Halo’s “death” is only up to the eyes of the beholder I guess…

To me Halo is very much alive, maybe even more so than before with the amount of media 343i has planned within the Universe. Yes, we lost popularity to CoD…so has every other big mainstream title. Yes we’ve got a lot of complainers within the community…so has every other series.

> Halo’s “death” is only up to the eyes of the beholder I guess…
>
> To me Halo is very much alive, maybe even more so than before with the amount of media 343i has planned within the Universe. Yes, we lost popularity to CoD…so has every other big mainstream title. Yes we’ve got a lot of complainers within the community…so has every other series.

I most definatly agree Halo in some ways is more popular then it ever has been but a group continues to say Halo is dying . They need to stop and look at the franchise instead of doom it because it dont have the same population it use to have .

The best explaination I have is that a large portion of the population was based on strictly MP. Like a fad, it came and went. After Halo, CoD took a large portion MP gamers as part of a fad. And now people are swapping over to BF3, so BF will likely be the next fad.

Keep in mind I’m talking about console gamers, BF is still relatively new to hard core consoles gamers.

> Reach is still one of the most played games on xboxlive after a year and a half and is already more played then Gears of war 3 wich has been out half a year

Gears is above Reach in the most played.

> Halo can not pass total cod sales because cod is on every gaming system possible While halo is just xbox .

Nor can it pass CoD’s sales on the xbox 360 alone.

Take off your blindfolds, please. No one likes Halo anymore.

> No one likes Halo anymore.

OK 50000 people on Reach at one time, this is in the lower end as well. Yeah, I see your logic…

> > No one likes Halo anymore.
>
> OK 50000 people on Reach at one time, this is in the lower end as well. Yeah, I see your logic…

I was referring to the intelligent gaming community.