Stop wasting Req points!

Ive seen a lot of posts lately demonstrating bad Req strategy. There’s a video out there about this: Don’t buy Gold req packs until silver packs start kicking you back 500 req points per open. This will get you better unlocks sooner. If you go strictly gold you’re wasting time.

Also, sell your cards! Keep a few power weapons and vehicles in hand and sell everything else!

Not to be rude, but if you did a forum search, there are probably quite a few of these threads already.

That and people can use their REQ points however they see fit, wasting them or not.

> 2533274808922132;2:
> Not to be rude, but if you did a forum search, there are probably quite a few of these threads already.

Yeah you’re right. Just saw 4 or 5 things today making me think that and felt compelled to remind. /thread

> 2533274796869056;3:
> That and people can use their REQ points however they see fit, wasting them or not.

Oh I know. Mainly talking to people who are frustrated about slow unlocks yet they are only buying golds. Do as you please!

<mark>Do not purposely bypass the profanity filter.</mark>

I’ll do whatever the -Yoink!- I want and you do whatever you want, keep on talkin like that were gonna have to 1v1 telling me I should spend my money a certain way smh

Well he has a point about people needing to be reminded. I saw someone earlier saying that you can unlock mark IV (legendary armor set) in a silver pack. Even though there are countless threads on the req point efficiency topic, people still need to be educated on the req system.

> 2533274869022335;7:
> Well he has a point about people needing to be reminded. I saw someone earlier saying that you can unlock mark IV (legendary armor set) in a silver pack. Even though there are countless threads on the req point efficiency topic, people still need to be educated on the req system.

Fair points, but in that same token, threads are always bumped to the top when you reply to them. New threads on old information isn’t always the best practice.

Might want to be careful. Clone threads and necroposting is a no-no. So if there is something you want to talk about that has already been talked about in the past and hasn’t been talked about recently, well, you’re -Yoink–outa-luck. Believe me, there are many things I want to talk about, but I can’t because necroposting, reviving a thread, and “cloning” another thread topic is against protocol mandate 32b-4 section 12. I just made that very last bit up.

I remember when i still bought packs… Good times.

The biggest waste of REQs isn’t buying them. It’s using them imo. Well be losing 990-500 and I’ll see a wraith and scorpion leave the base. I’m like wtf do you plan on doing? Srsly.

Either sell that -Yoink- or use it in a game where it can make a difference.

> 2626429604138871;9:
> Clone threads and necroposting is a no-no.

There is a reason there are human moderators who (hopefully) use their brains rather than strict if/then logic.

If you can’t clone a thread, and you can’t necropost in it, then the topic is off-limits forever?

People DO need to be reminded of this. People are frustrated with the REQ system because they don’t understand it, and easing that frustration down reduces the ambient temperature of the forums.

> 2533274873204041;12:
> > 2626429604138871;9:
> > Clone threads and necroposting is a no-no.
>
>
> There is a reason there are human moderators who (hopefully) use their brains rather than strict if/then logic.
>
> If you can’t clone a thread, and you can’t necropost in it, then the topic is off-limits forever?
>
> People DO need to be reminded of this. People are frustrated with the REQ system because they don’t understand it, and easing that frustration down reduces the ambient temperature of the forums.

Well, that’s exactly where I’m getting at. The clone threads are sometimes redirected to the dead threads, and sometimes posting on a dead thread will have your post removed. It’s almost like a loop to keep people from talking about the same topic after it has been discussed, even if it deserves to be talked about again. I simply do not understand why this happens. And not even a chance to rejoinder is the most upsetting.

And it’s not that I don’t think this should be brought up, I firmly believe that people should be aware of how the req system really works, and to realize that it’s not a system designed to enhance the playing experience, it’s designed to get more $$$ for 343i, at the expense of providing something truly unique and innovative. To those that do understand the req system have an even harder time because they realize that these req cards are cheapening the experience. Not to mention they’re getting less actual playable content because 343i is adding more req cards rather than new features or game modes(and not just the playlists we already had in the past games, those are INTRINSIC to Halo, and should’ve been there to begin with). I’ll stick to playing the 15fps Halo Reach where I can at least buy the armor and armor variants that I want to, when I want to.

> 2691436920177124;1:
> Ive seen a lot of posts lately demonstrating bad Req strategy. There’s a video out there about this: Don’t buy Gold req packs until silver packs start kicking you back 500 req points per open. This will get you better unlocks sooner. If you go strictly gold you’re wasting time.
>
> Also, sell your cards! Keep a few power weapons and vehicles in hand and sell everything else!

I wish I knew this sooner. I just started doing this. I feel duped by buying Gold all this time

> 2533274858329100;14:
> > 2691436920177124;1:
> > Ive seen a lot of posts lately demonstrating bad Req strategy. There’s a video out there about this: Don’t buy Gold req packs until silver packs start kicking you back 500 req points per open. This will get you better unlocks sooner. If you go strictly gold you’re wasting time.
> >
> > Also, sell your cards! Keep a few power weapons and vehicles in hand and sell everything else!
>
>
> I wish I knew this sooner. I just started doing this. I feel duped by buying Gold all this time

I just started playing around New Years, and my first instinct was to save for gold. Fortunately I stumbled across this advice early on after only about 3 gold packs!

> 2691436920177124;15:
> > 2533274858329100;14:
> > > 2691436920177124;1:
> > > Ive seen a lot of posts lately demonstrating bad Req strategy. There’s a video out there about this: Don’t buy Gold req packs until silver packs start kicking you back 500 req points per open. This will get you better unlocks sooner. If you go strictly gold you’re wasting time.
> > >
> > > Also, sell your cards! Keep a few power weapons and vehicles in hand and sell everything else!
> >
> >
> > I wish I knew this sooner. I just started doing this. I feel duped by buying Gold all this time
>
>
> I just started playing around New Years, and my first instinct was to save for gold. Fortunately I stumbled across this advice early on after only about 3 gold packs!

Yeah, I decided to buy bronze packs until all the common perms are out of the way. Including all the armors. So far it’s working really well. I got all the common BR and AR variants (praise the classic BR!), over 75% of common armors, and over 90% of common weapon certs. I will be switching to silver after I have all commons unlocks. I have to say that this works way better than all the other “only buy silver” tips. Bronze, silver, THEN gold. Slightly more enticing.

Also, sell all of your REQS until you unlock everything.

Way faster. Plus, playing with only loadout REQs make you a better player.

Ok but I thought the best way was to buy silver than gold and just forget bronze. No?

Ok so bronze, silver, gold. How do I know when to stop buying bronze?

> 2533274858329100;18:
> Ok but I thought the best way was to buy silver than gold and just forget bronze. No?
>
> Ok so bronze, silver, gold. How do I know when to stop buying bronze?

I haven’t been buying bronze, as it doesn’t guarantee unlocks. Anyone who is doing the bronze method - got an educated estimate of how many packs it takes to get a permanent unlock? If you get more than two for every four packs, then it would make sense to get bronze. I’ve been sticking with silver because between war zone matches, selling cards, and chasing commendations I can buy a pack about every third game.

You know to stop buying packs when they start giving you req points. For silver it’s 500 points. Not sure what it is for bronze (may be less reliable of a measure because bronze doesn’t guarantee unlocks - the guarantee is why silver gives credits if you don’t have common unlocks left).

If you don’t use req points, how will you get anything good? Makes no sense. And you shouldn’t use real money to buy virtual stuff. It a waste of good money to spend on.