Stop the -Yoink--baggery

IF LINKED TO THIS PAGE: ~This is a generalized opinion and has no intention of being aimed at the person I quoted nor the Op. So don’t -Yoink-.~

This whole CEA vs. what ever debate is getting old. It’s not to grab old players that left. They left because they:
A) Like campaign more than Mp
B) They’re to busy with life
C) They have RROD from too much halo gameplay
D) What ever else you’re going to mention that I didn’t put here. (no -Yoink-)

Halo CEA Was intended to give players that stayed with the halo series a nice warm nostalgia and a remastered version of their first Halo experience. It was a nice and amazing GIFT from 343i. They included extras as well.

FACTS:

The game has been out almost a week and you’re already -Yoinking!-.

Halo: Combat evolved, Was not an Xbox live game when it first came out.

Halo: Combat evolved/Custom edition for Pc Don’t have much if anything to offer when remastering an Xbox game.

The engine IS THE SAME. Meaning, IT IS NOT ANY DIFFERENT THAN IT WAS 10 WONDERFUL YEARS AGO.

Halo Pc/CE Multiplayer was over gamespy… Not code that bungie/343 magically has access to.

The only thing, THE ONLY THING, THE ONLY THING that has changed in campaign, Is the back/select button along with the graphics.

Halo was originally a campaign based game, Intended to share a wonderful story line with you.

Multiplayer was just an add-on 10 years ago and wasn’t expected to take off like it did.

The levels of difficulty haven’t changed, You just suck. By you suck, I mean that halo 3 - reach has softened the players and they are more reliant on teamwork. And by that, I mean you suck.

The polly count on campaign maps are a little lower because they werent built from the ground up, They were simply improved.

Yes, Pistol has 8 rounds. Still has 3 hit kill. Yes the sniper redicle is larger. Needlers sometimes lose tracking. There’s a troll on a bulletin board. There are skulls. There are terminals with codes that get you Cr.

If you’re gonna stop playing halo, you have no business being here.
If you’re going to keep up with the rest of us that can’t wait for halo 4, then fine. I welcome you to do so.
If you’re going to -Yoink- about flaws in the game. Do it in a civilized and mature manor. No: “The pistol is a piece of -Yoink- and I’m quitting halo forever” Bs.
If you’re going to ignore this post and continue fighting, I strongly urge you against it.

We all know the flaws. Now start pointing out the wonderful aspects of the game. Stop being a negative nancy and start being positive. yuh -Yoink-

All you haters should be thanking 343i. They could have very well have given you all flaming heads for one day to celebrate halo’s tenth birthday. But instead, they remade the game just for you, Halo’s fanbase. So shut up and enjoy the gift of nostalgically playing 343i’s gift to you. And it’s not even your damn birthday.

Mini-rant: Incomplete, But it’s 3am here in Germany.

You’re ranting. Here’s a short and nice way to bring your message.

Dear 343i,

You are greatly improving Reach with a TU and letting us have a beta. You have made a map pack for us. You have re-mastered our favorite campaign and added seven multiplayer maps that are fantastic remakes. You are now hard at work on Halo 4. You now know that it is literally impossible to please everyone. Lesson learned and the best of luck on making Halo 4 the new and greatest installment to our Halo franchise!

Yours truly,
A Halo fan

> You’re ranting. Here’s a short and nice way to bring your message.
>
> Dear 343i,
>
> You are greatly improving Reach with a TU and letting us have a beta. You have made a map pack for us. You have re-mastered our favorite campaign and added seven multiplayer maps that are fantastic remakes. You are now hard at work on Halo 4. You now know that it is literally impossible to please everyone. Lesson learned and the best of luck on making Halo 4 the new and greatest installment to our Halo franchise!
>
> Yours truly,
> A Halo fan

I couldn’t have said it better. But I really just wan’t people to stop posting and reposting and reposting reposts about the dumbest little things. Such as this one guy who’s all angry because 343 “dndt mk da skullz hrd enof 2 find”. That’s no reason to quit. I mean, Come on.

> > You’re ranting. Here’s a short and nice way to bring your message.
> >
> > Dear 343i,
> >
> > You are greatly improving Reach with a TU and letting us have a beta. You have made a map pack for us. You have re-mastered our favorite campaign and added seven multiplayer maps that are fantastic remakes. You are now hard at work on Halo 4. You now know that it is literally impossible to please everyone. Lesson learned and the best of luck on making Halo 4 the new and greatest installment to our Halo franchise!
> >
> > Yours truly,
> > A Halo fan
>
> I couldn’t have said it better. But I really just wan’t people to stop posting and reposting and reposting reposts about the dumbest little things. Such as this one guy who’s all angry because 343 “dndt mk da skullz hrd enof 2 find”. That’s no reason to quit. I mean, Come on.

Agreed, I’m tired of people getting their shorts in a bunch over every little issue with this game. Also, the netcode sucks, deal with it people, there’s nothing 343i can do about it, if you don’t believe me, go play Halo PC or Halo Custom Edition.

My copy finally came int today (while I was sleeping), and I am incredibly excited. I’d be playing it right now, but I’m off to work in a few minutes. I figure I might as well save it for my day off. At any rate, I cannot possibly imagine being disappointed with it, as so many others claim to have been.

Thanks in advance 343.

Also: any time anybody uses “Yoink!” in his post (especially multiples times), and then chides others for being immature, I lose a little bit of respect for him.

A gift? Didn’t know a gift given to me would cost me 43 dollars.

> My copy finally came int today (while I was sleeping), and I am incredibly excited. I’d be playing it right now, but I’m off to work in a few minutes. I figure I might as well save it for my day off. At any rate, I cannot possibly imagine being disappointed with it, as so many others claim to have been.
>
> Thanks in advance 343.
>
> Also: any time anybody uses “Yoink!” in his post (especially multiples times), and then chides others for being immature, I lose a little bit of respect for him.

You won’t be disappointed. :] And It wasn’t word replacement. I actually wrote, -Yoink!-.
Have a nice day off. (•‿•)

> A gift? Didn’t know a gift given to me would cost me 43 dollars.

In Germany, It only costs 32.99. It’s a gift none the less. They didn’t have to remake it. The could have just left you with reach until halo 4.

> A gift? Didn’t know a gift given to me would cost me 43 dollars.

God forbid a company decides to make money on a product. Oh, for shame!
/sarcasm

Don’t want it? Don’t buy it. Considering the game comes with everything the original did and then some, $40 is a pretty sweet deal.

> > A gift? Didn’t know a gift given to me would cost me 43 dollars.
>
> God forbid a company decides to make money on a product. Oh, for shame!
> /sarcasm
>
> Don’t want it? Don’t buy it. Considering the game comes with everything the original did and then some, $40 is a pretty sweet deal.

My thoughts exactly. ^^ It’s as simple as that. :smiley:

> Halo: Combat evolved, Was not an Xbox live game when it first came out.

Naa, I wouldn’t say it like that.

XBC :smiley:

> Halo was originally a campaign based game, Intended to share a wonderful story line with you

Actually the story is lame. Cauz you simply know nothing after playing trough the game, except for Halo. But what’s with the covis, the flood, the forerunners? Well it’s kinda like Gears of War 1.

The game was meant to be MS and Xbox 1 flagship in terms of graphics. And what Halo 1 did better was the multiplayer (also includes Co-op). It was the reason why most people even remember this game. Graphics and the awesome LAN/4-player split screen multiplayer. Oh, and this was my reason playing this game for years, too.

Halo 2s story is way better cauz you get lots of reasons why you want to see the end of the game. The best in the whole series.

So, a “wonderful” story is something else…

> > Halo: Combat evolved, Was not an Xbox live game when it first came out.
>
> Naa, I wouldn’t say it like that.
>
> XBC :smiley:
>
>
>
>
> > Halo was originally a campaign based game, Intended to share a wonderful story line with you
>
> Actually the story is lame. Cauz you simply know nothing after playing trough the game, except for Halo. But what’s with the covis, the flood, the forerunners? Well it’s kinda like Gears of War 1.
>
> The game was meant to be MS and Xbox 1 flagship in terms of graphics. And what Halo 1 did better was the multiplayer (also includes Co-op). It was the reason why most people even remember this game. Graphics and the awesome LAN/4-player split screen multiplayer. Oh, and this was my reason playing this game for years, too.
>
> Halo 2s story is way better cauz you get lots of reasons why you want to see the end of the game. The best in the whole series.
>
>
> So, a “wonderful” story is something else…

What? That’s just an opinion. The story line of Halo CE is no different than the story line of halo 2/3/reach. It is one long story. Halo CE was just the beginning. And the point of that part of the post was just to say that the multiplayer was just a bonus. Like recon in the pre-ordered reach. It was intended to be a campaign game.

> A gift? Didn’t know a gift given to me would cost me 43 dollars.

Leave and never return traitor! :stuck_out_tongue:

> IF LINKED TO THIS PAGE: ~This is a generalized opinion and has no intention of being aimed at the person I quoted nor the Op. So don’t -Yoink!-.~
>
> This whole CEA vs. what ever debate is getting old. It’s not to grab old players that left. They left because they:
> A) Like campaign more than Mp
> B) They’re to busy with life
> C) They have RROD from too much halo gameplay
> D) What ever else you’re going to mention that I didn’t put here. (no Yoink!)
>
> Halo CEA Was intended to give players that stayed with the halo series a nice warm nostalgia and a remastered version of their first Halo experience. It was a nice and amazing GIFT from 343i. They included extras as well.
>
> FACTS:
>
> The game has been out almost a week and you’re already -Yoink!-.
>
> Halo: Combat evolved, Was not an Xbox live game when it first came out.
>
> Halo: Combat evolved/Custom edition for Pc Don’t have much if anything to offer when remastering an Xbox game.
>
> The engine IS THE SAME. Meaning, IT IS NOT ANY DIFFERENT THAN IT WAS 10 WONDERFUL YEARS AGO.
>
> Halo Pc/CE Multiplayer was over gamespy… Not code that bungie/343 magically has access to.
>
> The only thing, THE ONLY THING, THE ONLY THING that has changed in campaign, Is the back/select button along with the graphics.
>
> Halo was originally a campaign based game, Intended to share a wonderful story line with you.
>
> Multiplayer was just an add-on 10 years ago and wasn’t expected to take off like it did.
>
> The levels of difficulty haven’t changed, You just suck. By you suck, I mean that halo 3 - reach has softened the players and they are more reliant on teamwork. And by that, I mean you suck.
>
> The polly count on campaign maps are a little lower because they werent built from the ground up, They were simply improved.
>
> Yes, Pistol has 8 rounds. Still has 3 hit kill. Yes the sniper redicle is larger. Needlers sometimes lose tracking. There’s a troll on a bulletin board. There are skulls. There are terminals with codes that get you Cr.
>
> If you’re gonna stop playing halo, you have no business being here.
> If you’re going to keep up with the rest of us that can’t wait for halo 4, then fine. I welcome you to do so.
> If you’re going to -Yoink!- about flaws in the game. Do it in a civilized and mature manor. No: “The pistol is a piece of Yoink! and I’m quitting halo forever” Bs.
> If you’re going to ignore this post and continue fighting, I strongly urge you against it.
>
> We all know the flaws. Now start pointing out the wonderful aspects of the game. Stop being a negative nancy and start being positive. yuh -Yoink!-
>
> All you haters should be thanking 343i. They could have very well have given you all flaming heads for one day to celebrate halo’s tenth birthday. But instead, they remade the game just for you, Halo’s fanbase. So shut up and enjoy the gift of nostalgically playing 343i’s gift to you. And it’s not even your damn birthday.
>
> Mini-rant: Incomplete, But it’s 3am here in Germany.

Thank you for this wonderful post. Glad to see plenty of people appreciate the game despite those who have no appreciation for possibly the best job done on a remake ever.

> > IF LINKED TO THIS PAGE: ~This is a generalized opinion and has no intention of being aimed at the person I quoted nor the Op. So don’t -Yoink!-.~
> >
> > This whole CEA vs. what ever debate is getting old. It’s not to grab old players that left. They left because they:
> > A) Like campaign more than Mp
> > B) They’re to busy with life
> > C) They have RROD from too much halo gameplay
> > D) What ever else you’re going to mention that I didn’t put here. (no Yoink!)
> >
> > Halo CEA Was intended to give players that stayed with the halo series a nice warm nostalgia and a remastered version of their first Halo experience. It was a nice and amazing GIFT from 343i. They included extras as well.
> >
> > FACTS:
> >
> > The game has been out almost a week and you’re already -Yoink!-.
> >
> > Halo: Combat evolved, Was not an Xbox live game when it first came out.
> >
> > Halo: Combat evolved/Custom edition for Pc Don’t have much if anything to offer when remastering an Xbox game.
> >
> > The engine IS THE SAME. Meaning, IT IS NOT ANY DIFFERENT THAN IT WAS 10 WONDERFUL YEARS AGO.
> >
> > Halo Pc/CE Multiplayer was over gamespy… Not code that bungie/343 magically has access to.
> >
> > The only thing, THE ONLY THING, THE ONLY THING that has changed in campaign, Is the back/select button along with the graphics.
> >
> > Halo was originally a campaign based game, Intended to share a wonderful story line with you.
> >
> > Multiplayer was just an add-on 10 years ago and wasn’t expected to take off like it did.
> >
> > The levels of difficulty haven’t changed, You just suck. By you suck, I mean that halo 3 - reach has softened the players and they are more reliant on teamwork. And by that, I mean you suck.
> >
> > The polly count on campaign maps are a little lower because they werent built from the ground up, They were simply improved.
> >
> > Yes, Pistol has 8 rounds. Still has 3 hit kill. Yes the sniper redicle is larger. Needlers sometimes lose tracking. There’s a troll on a bulletin board. There are skulls. There are terminals with codes that get you Cr.
> >
> > If you’re gonna stop playing halo, you have no business being here.
> > If you’re going to keep up with the rest of us that can’t wait for halo 4, then fine. I welcome you to do so.
> > If you’re going to -Yoink!- about flaws in the game. Do it in a civilized and mature manor. No: “The pistol is a piece of Yoink! and I’m quitting halo forever” Bs.
> > If you’re going to ignore this post and continue fighting, I strongly urge you against it.
> >
> > We all know the flaws. Now start pointing out the wonderful aspects of the game. Stop being a negative nancy and start being positive. yuh -Yoink!-
> >
> > All you haters should be thanking 343i. They could have very well have given you all flaming heads for one day to celebrate halo’s tenth birthday. But instead, they remade the game just for you, Halo’s fanbase. So shut up and enjoy the gift of nostalgically playing 343i’s gift to you. And it’s not even your damn birthday.
> >
> > Mini-rant: Incomplete, But it’s 3am here in Germany.
>
> Thank you for this wonderful post. Glad to see plenty of people appreciate the game despite those who have no appreciation for possibly the best job done on a remake ever.

Feel free to give trolls/haters a link to this page. ^^

> What? That’s just an opinion. The story line of Halo CE is no different than the story line of halo 2/3/reach. It is one long story. Halo CE was just the beginning. And the point of that part of the post was just to say that the multiplayer was just a bonus. Like recon in the pre-ordered reach. It was intended to be a campaign game.

Of course it’s one long story. I can say that to every game within a series. Each game has it’s own story. Halo 1 is about Halo itself. Halo 2 is about the covis and the gravemind, etc.
What Halo 2 did better is the actual story telling. And this is big part of a “story”, too. Halo CE its telling was just Cortana talking non-stop into MC helmet. No really interesting dialogs (“Halo is a weapon”…wow, and what’s without all of the other things Cortana got from control room?), super short cutscenes, flat characters.
Bungies improved many things in Halo 2s campaign and overall story design.

> > What? That’s just an opinion. The story line of Halo CE is no different than the story line of halo 2/3/reach. It is one long story. Halo CE was just the beginning. And the point of that part of the post was just to say that the multiplayer was just a bonus. Like recon in the pre-ordered reach. It was intended to be a campaign game.
>
> Of course it’s one long story. I can say that to every game within a series. Each game has it’s own story. Halo 1 is about Halo itself. Halo 2 is about the covis and the gravemind, etc.
> What Halo 2 did better is the actual story telling. And this is big part of a “story”, too. Halo CE its telling was just Cortana talking non-stop into MC helmet. No really interesting dialogs (“Halo is a weapon”…wow, and what’s without all of the other things Cortana got from control room?), super short cutscenes, flat characters.
> Bungies improved many things in Halo 2s campaign and overall story design.

Are you aware that we’re talking about a game that came out 10 years ago?

I just finished “Truth and Reconciliation” (sleep comes before anything else), and I have to say, HCEA is more fun than any game I’ve played in quite a while. I’ve got the classic skins and music on for nostalgia’s sake, but I switch back and forth occasionally just for giggles. I am absolutely floored with how well 343 handled this project. Everything is how I remember it.

Thank you so much, 343. I’m really looking forward to Halo 4.

> I just finished “Truth and Reconciliation” (sleep comes before anything else), and I have to say, HCEA is more fun than any game I’ve played in quite a while. I’ve got the classic skins and music on for nostalgia’s sake, but I switch back and forth occasionally just for giggles. I am absolutely floored with how well 343 handled this project. Everything is how I remember it.
>
> Thank you so much, 343. I’m really looking forward to Halo 4.

Good to hear you like the game. :smiley: Also, Some terminals (or all, I am not sure) can only be gotten in the remastered version and not the old skin. :slight_smile: