Stop the Hate

We as a community need to stop fighting each other and respect that some of us will love Halo 5 and enjoy it cause in truth it is a good game, but it isn’t to others. Stop the fighting. Keep it clean.

I wish it was as simple as that… Although I can’t see a light at the end of the tunnel, I can’t help but support the positive sentiment.

Here’s to keeping it clean and being nice - both here on the forums and on the battlefield. <3

Hate brings change, not that it is always good change. People hated that there was no sprint, and voila it is not changed the game in a vast amount of ways, not all are good.

You kinda need to understand where these people are coming from. Some of the people on the forums have been playing since the first Halo. If I had played since them and saw this game coming out with different abilities and movement mechanics, I woulda been a bit ticked off. I used to think “Man, all these people on forums are so negative, this game is great” but I’ve changed my mind reading all these posts. This game coulda launched better with all the core game modes but 343 decided to give us a game that wasnt even close to being finished.

How about you stop classing opinions that you don’t agree with as hate?

No point ignoring the negatives, because that won’t improve halo 5 or make Halo 6 a better game. All the “hate” back on the halo 4 forums helped develop Halo 5 into a better game.

Like the removal of loadouts? Like the removal of kill Cams? Like the better implementation of sprint? Like the removal of armour abilities? Guess who you have to thank…right…all the “haters”.

Whether you like it or not, the “hate” exists because those who criticise the game feel like they’ve been ignored, and that is certainly true. Look at the “clean” threads like the Playable Elites one. If 343 cared, they’d have easily put playable elites for customs at the least. But no, they’d rather leave machinima style channels to die. That’s why “hate” (a better term would be aggressive criticism, for those not so clean threads) exists. 343 has a habit of ignoring some very, very important things. Seriously, machinima in Halo has died due to their ignorance. And that’s just one example mate.

And you think you are going to bring about calm by saying that it is the truth that Halo 5 is a great game and thus invalidating the opinion of those who might not think so? Sure, you acknowledge that some people don’t think it is, but truth has a specific meaning.

People like to insinuate any criticism as hate when really it’s love because we want to see it be better.

Some go as far as if your opinion is different and you won’t conform to how they think. Go on a tirade of how you hate halo and how you shouldn’t be playing. It should be against the rules to tell some one to get of the game. Do they have any idea how offensive that is?

I’ve been refused taxi service for the colour of my skin, been refused medical services because I was too anxious, that’s how offended I feel.

“It is a good game but isn’t to others”

Lol what makes your opinion that it is a good game the definitive opinion?

How about I say Halo 5 is a bad game but isn’t to others?

Not gonna end anything by saying “one side is wrong get over it”

You said to me on another thread that I hate the game when all I’ve been doing is pointing out the blatantly obvious problems the game has, how 343 just flat out refuse to fix these problems and that microstransactions don’t belong in Halo. That’s not hate. But how can I respect a supposedly “professional” game developer company who have been put in charge of continuing my favourite game franchise when they don’t even want to acknowledge that they’re doing wrong to us fans in many aspects. Releasing an unfinished game. Adding microstransactions. Not bothering to add playable elites despite the biggest thread on the waypoint forums being people begging for that feature to be added back to Halo. Not fixing theater. Releasing a half–Yoinked!- version of firefight and even after updating it they kept the ridiculous respawn timer despite the amount of complaints they’ve had on the official WZFF thread. Seriously how can I trust and respect these people when they are in charge of the game franchise I’ve pretty much been brought up on? And I’m not the only one who thinks like this. Loads of people are abandoning Halo 5 and saying Halo 6 is 343’s last chance to make the Halo game we ALL want. It’s not being a hater. It’s trying to get this franchise back on track to becoming as popular and as good as it was back in the classic Halo days. I don’t want this franchise to die out. But if 343 keep going in this direction then it will. I’m not saying Halo 5 is terrible, all in all its a pretty decent game. The multiplayer is pretty well balanced and can be fun if you’re playing with a full team, and warzone was a nice new feature (although I strongly believe they should have spent more time and effort making btb awesome since warzone isn’t a great substitute for btb). Forge is absolutely amazing, and despite taking a few months after launch to be released I have to say they’ve nailed it with this one, it’s great. Campaign, the story is pretty meh… Which isn’t good for a Halo game… Honestly if you read this and still think I’m a hater because I’m not praising the game or 343 for all their “hardwork and effort and fan service” then I really don’t know what to say. It’s a good game, but to me and many other halo fans, it’s simply not a good HALO game.
Bare in mind I haven’t even listed all the problems, I’d be here forever if I tried.

> 2533274823072348;1:
> We as a community need to stop fighting each other and respect that some of us will love Halo 5 and enjoy it cause in truth it is a good game, but it isn’t to others. Stop the fighting. Keep it clean.

it is not hate, it’s constructive criticism

> 2533274962122285;7:
> People like to insinuate any criticism as hate when really it’s love because we want to see it be better.
>
> Some go as far as if your opinion is different and you won’t conform to how they think. Go on a tirade of how you hate halo and how you shouldn’t be playing. It should be against the rules to tell some one to get of the game. Do they have any idea how offensive that is?
>
> I’ve been refused taxi service for the colour of my skin, been refused medical services because I was too anxious, that’s how offended I feel.

Yes! If I would definetly decide to hate Halo I wouldn’t be here on the forums trying to catch 343’s attention!

> 2535439780801708;8:
> “It is a good game but isn’t to others”
>
> Lol what makes your opinion that it is a good game the definitive opinion?
>
> How about I say Halo 5 is a bad game but isn’t to others?
>
> Not gonna end anything by saying “one side is wrong get over it”

Yes precisely, you’ve summed it up perfectly mate. That’s all it really is.

People who are happy aren’t as vocal as the people who are unhappy. The same with most things in life.

> 2535461330364523;13:
> People who are happy aren’t as vocal as the people who are unhappy. The same with most things in life.

Thats kind of what I felt with Spartan abilities cause when I was playing halo 3 and reach online I wasn’t aware about any one hating them. It never crossed my mind until I came on the forums and there was more love for Spartan abilities back when we had all of them.

> 2533274823072348;1:
> We as a community need to stop fighting each other and respect that some of us will love Halo 5 and enjoy it cause in truth it is a good game, but it isn’t to others. Stop the fighting. Keep it clean.

Yeah sure.

Easier said than done.

It was caused by their attitude in the first place when they told another side like “Go play Destiny, nobody is stopping you” or “Halo doesn’t need you”. They were the one who led to this state.

> 2535434548670205;4:
> You kinda need to understand where these people are coming from. Some of the people on the forums have been playing since the first Halo. If I had played since them and saw this game coming out with different abilities and movement mechanics, I woulda been a bit ticked off. I used to think “Man, all these people on forums are so negative, this game is great” but I’ve changed my mind reading all these posts. This game coulda launched better with all the core game modes but 343 decided to give us a game that wasnt even close to being finished.

i think you pointed out the biggest problem, that people are coming from different places

some people played since the first trillogy and they don’t like, that halo has changed in the direction of modern military shooter (CoD, BF, Titanfall…). so they get frustrated when the gameplay shifts to these different styles of gameplay in “their” franchise. (like me)

On the other hand you have people who came with later entries to halo. and if the liked it, they also don’t want to change it back, because that wouldn’t be “their” halo anymore.

and than there are people who played from the beginning and like the new style better. so it’s logical that they also don’t want to change the formula back.

theres nothing wrong with anyone of these 3 groups. everyone can like what they want to.
but thats also 343s problem. they changed the gameplaystyle, so they split the community. you can always argue, that every new installment changed the gameplay, but 343 made the biggest change, especially with the core gameplay. so now you have 2 sides both wanting something different and fighting against the other to keep what they like.

and thats my problem with h5. it changed the gameplay so it doesn’t feel like halo to me anymore. you should never change the core gameplay of a franchise, because thats what keeps it alive. if you want to buy a sequel you expact it to be similar (a better version) to the first game.

let’s say you started playing halo with h5. you’d expect halo 6 to have a similar gameplay style. thats what the first group i mentioned is complaining about. if h6 would be like the original trilogy (which i hope) than “newcomers” would be alienated.

it would have been better, if the 343 games would have been a new franchise (they definetly play like a new one), but i know they have to make halo games for microsoft (i think thats too a problem, because they have to make halo and so it feels like they made the geme they want and just slaped the name halo on it)

> 2533274823072348;1:

It just isn’t that simple, mate.

You can’t have a stable community without imperfections, arguments, and/or different opinions.
If something is unclean, there are monitors to make sure nothing gets out of hand.

> 2533274793122050;17:
> > 2535434548670205;4:
> > You kinda need to understand where these people are coming from. Some of the people on the forums have been playing since the first Halo. If I had played since them and saw this game coming out with different abilities and movement mechanics, I woulda been a bit ticked off. I used to think “Man, all these people on forums are so negative, this game is great” but I’ve changed my mind reading all these posts. This game coulda launched better with all the core game modes but 343 decided to give us a game that wasnt even close to being finished.
>
>
> i think you pointed out the biggest problem, that people are coming from different places
>
> some people played since the first trillogy and they don’t like, that halo has changed in the direction of modern military shooter (CoD, BF, Titanfall…). so they get frustrated when the gameplay shifts to these different styles of gameplay in “their” franchise. (like me)
>
> On the other hand you have people who came with later entries to halo. and if the liked it, they also don’t want to change it back, because that wouldn’t be “their” halo anymore.
>
> and than there are people who played from the beginning and like the new style better. so it’s logical that they also don’t want to change the formula back.
>
> theres nothing wrong with anyone of these 3 groups. everyone can like what they want to.
> but thats also 343s problem. they changed the gameplaystyle, so they split the community. you can always argue, that every new installment changed the gameplay, but 343 made the biggest change, especially with the core gameplay. so now you have 2 sides both wanting something different and fighting against the other to keep what they like.
>
> and thats my problem with h5. it changed the gameplay so it doesn’t feel like halo to me anymore. you should never change the core gameplay of a franchise, because thats what keeps it alive. if you want to buy a sequel you expact it to be similar (a better version) to the first game.
>
> let’s say you started playing halo with h5. you’d expect halo 6 to have a similar gameplay style. thats what the first group i mentioned is complaining about. if h6 would be like the original trilogy (which i hope) than “newcomers” would be alienated.
>
> it would have been better, if the 343 games would have been a new franchise (they definetly play like a new one), but i know they have to make halo games for microsoft (i think thats too a problem, because they have to make halo and so it feels like they made the geme they want and just slaped the name halo on it)

some people played since the first trillogy and they don’t like, that halo has changed in the direction of modern military shooter (CoD, BF, Titanfall…). so they get frustrated when the gameplay shifts to these different styles of gameplay in “their” franchise. (like me) ← Hit it right on the head there mate, like a hammer. Halo has went from the analog stick ‘zoom’ to the left trigger and hold one. I’m not certain if Halo 5 has the aim assist like COD does. The mechanics in the campaign and multiplayer are all so similar to the mechanics in the games mentioned in bold. You can sprint with your left analog stick, an increased maneuverability, quite similar to Advanced Warfare’s EXO-suit enhancements… It’s just… wow.