Stop Rewarding Bad Connections

I have been noticing more and more that there are a lot of people lagging beyond what is even playable yet they are not getting kicked from the game. Please for the love of Jeebus put a latency cap so that these guys and girls get tossed out of the game.

Halo 5 has to be equal. 343 can’t isolate people just because of their connections. And sometimes servers drop players.

They should. Take your 56k modem and stay offline.

It may not be their connection. They could be having to play on a server that’s halfway across the world because the game can’t find anyone in their area.

> 2727626560040591;4:
> It may not be their connection. They could be having to play on a server that’s halfway across the world because the game can’t find anyone in their area.

I get that, but it cheapens the online experience when I am one shot away from finishing someone then they are half way across the map and home free.

> 2533274810147386;5:
> > 2727626560040591;4:
> > It may not be their connection. They could be having to play on a server that’s halfway across the world because the game can’t find anyone in their area.
>
> I get that, but it cheapens the online experience when I am one shot away from finishing someone then they are half way across the map and home free.

I play with American’s on my friends list from time to time. I’ve never heard them complain about beating up on Australian players playing with a latency of 250-300ms.

It’s weird, some people just consistently skip around all over the place and get a huge advantage out of their lag, while others only experience their shots not registering.

It seems there’s a “different kind” of lag effect that’s going on here, I’m guessing it’s a matter of inconsistent ping in the former case & total ping in the latter case.

> 2533274810147386;5:
> > 2727626560040591;4:
> > It may not be their connection. They could be having to play on a server that’s halfway across the world because the game can’t find anyone in their area.
>
> I get that, but it cheapens the online experience when I am one shot away from finishing someone then they are half way across the map and home free.

Have you tried different search preferences?

Not exactly fair is it? I have great connection but if you was one of my buddies and couldn’t play H5 because you had bad connection to the server (due to location, something you cannot realistically control) that would suck… right?

> 2535462333594080;9:
> Not exactly fair is it? I have great connection but if you was one of my buddies and couldn’t play H5 because you had bad connection to the server (due to location, something you cannot realistically control) that would suck… right?

Not really, I just would just play private match.

> 2533274834881503;7:
> It’s weird, some people just consistently skip around all over the place and get a huge advantage out of their lag, while others only experience their shots not registering.
>
> It seems there’s a “different kind” of lag effect that’s going on here, I’m guessing it’s a matter of inconsistent ping in the former case & total ping in the latter case.

Yeah, that’s the lag I am talking about.

servers felt pretty bad for me today. I had to get offline before i uninstalled halo

> 2533274810147386;10:
> > 2535462333594080;9:
> > Not exactly fair is it? I have great connection but if you was one of my buddies and couldn’t play H5 because you had bad connection to the server (due to location, something you cannot realistically control) that would suck… right?
>
> Not really, I just would just play private match.

So everyone with bad connection had to play offline lol. It’s not like they bought the Xbox and H5 with gold like everyone else

Kicking out players because of their connection?
You really want to see people raging in the forum right?
Not everyone can afford the best connection.

Excuse me mate, its not our fault that us Aussies & other countries that have connection issues have to suffer the Dark side of the moon while America gets the Clean sweep

> 2535428779736382;15:
> Excuse me mate, its not our that us Aussies & other countries that have connection issues have to suffer the Dark side of the moon while America gets the Clean sweep

Exactly us aussies have it bad enough without this crap !

Why not maybe fight for a solution instead of being exclusive. How about “lets get better servers in foreign countries” instead of coming in the forums as going “F these people, they don’t deserve to play this game”

Servers has been terrible whole day

Good thing we have connection bars to tell whether or not someone or myself is lagging. Oh wait…

> 2535427961349193;19:
> Good thing we have connection bars to tell whether or not someone or myself is lagging. Oh wait…

good lord, I’d kill for that. I’m tired of trying to spray n pray someone on AOL 3.0