Stop pitting fireteams against randoms in Warzone

It’s been said many times and I will gladly say it again. It’s unbalanced, unfair, and completely ruins the social aspect of Warzone. This is a match I just had recently. To break things down:

Enemy Team

• 8/12 enemy players were in the same Spartan Company - 10/12 enemy players were above the rank SR 120Ally Team

• 0/12 ally players were in the same Spartan Company - 3/12 ally players were above the rank SR 100The match went pretty much as you’d expect. 6-8 enemy players rushed our first base then proceeded to push us back to the core. Thankfully (and very much appreciated), the enemy team did NOT farm us and destroyed our core within 5 minutes. This happens waaaay too frequently and something needs to change. More effort needs to be put into the matchmaking system. Pit fireteams against other fireteams. Introduce Company vs Company or something similar. This sort of thing should be a rare occurrence.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and feel free to share your own opinion regarding this topic.

EDIT:
Some of you have brought up the possibility of low player population as an excuse for the unfair matchmaking. I encourage you to count the number of fireteams you encounter while playing Warzone. It may be more than you think. I am not asking for a perfect matchmaking, I know things like this will happen, but it needs to be minimized.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

343 is too incompetent / failure of a gaming company to fix, don’t bother posting on forums as there will be no response to any of these threads

> 2533274846637118;2:
> 343 is too incompetent / failure of a gaming company to fix, don’t bother posting on forums as there will be no response to any of these threads

I hope for the sake of the Halo community that you are wrong. Either way I plan on making a commotion with or without a response.

> 2533274855477511;3:
> > 2533274846637118;2:
> > 343 is too incompetent / failure of a gaming company to fix, don’t bother posting on forums as there will be no response to any of these threads
>
>
> I hope for the sake of the Halo community that you are wrong. Either way I plan on making a commotion with or without a response.

They only respond when it’s in their PR interests. Most faults they just ignore or, at the most, bury in a sticky threads

> 2533274819580184;4:
> > 2533274855477511;3:
> > > 2533274846637118;2:
> > > 343 is too incompetent / failure of a gaming company to fix, don’t bother posting on forums as there will be no response to any of these threads
> >
> >
> > I hope for the sake of the Halo community that you are wrong. Either way I plan on making a commotion with or without a response.
>
>
> They only respond when it’s in their PR interests. Most faults they just ignore or, at the most, bury in a sticky threads

So what should we do? Give up? Pretend to not notice the flaws in the game? I’d rather shove it in their faces.

I think the population is to small to support teams vs teams and randoms vs randoms. Match making times would probably be way way to long.

I agree with this topic, but I feel like the more I level up, the more I face these higher level opponents. Like last Week me and a friend faced a level 152 ! And the grind for Achilles has been dying down a lot lately

Bump, the matchmaking failed casual solo players.
2.Boosting still exist, since halo 2. That’s just sad.

I had a match like that yesterday. Ouch. WZ is not kind to solo players.

Play in a team, i always do that whenever i play warzone.

> 2533274843875149;10:
> Play in a team, i always do that whenever i play warzone.

Thanks, but I am not looking for temporary solutions to an obvious issue.

> 2533274816788253;6:
> I think the population is to small to support teams vs teams and randoms vs randoms. Match making times would probably be way way to long.

I agree. Delayed matchmaking times are far worse.

> 2533274816788253;6:
> I think the population is to small to support teams vs teams and randoms vs randoms. Match making times would probably be way way to long.

I think the population is fine. I see fireteams in nearly every game.

The companies aren’t always as effective, a few days ago I was playing WZ on noctus, I’m positive the whole team was in a party due to them all attacking the monument from the same direction in a group of 12. We completely wrecked all their attempts at taking the monument no matter how coordinated they got. Their final attempt at taking the monument when it was 800-700 or around there, they all had plasma casters. (Even more proof they were in a party) I guess they didn’t think it through they were launching charged shots and end up sticking a teammate and then with their own blast killed themselves. It was hilarious.

Population is small for them to do fireteams vs fireteams. Would be dumb as hell for a fireteam to wait 15-20minutes to search to fight another fireteam.I think its fine the way it is. I also hated the testing thing they did on warzone assault lowering the max party count to 6.

> 2533274843260367;15:
> Population is small for them to do fireteams vs fireteams. Would be dumb as hell for a fireteam to wait 15-20minutes to search to fight another fireteam.I think its fine the way it is. I also hated the testing thing they did on warzone assault lowering the max party count to 6.

Is that 6 man party thing still in play? That was a redundant move by 343.

> 2535408651840811;16:
> > 2533274843260367;15:
> > Population is small for them to do fireteams vs fireteams. Would be dumb as hell for a fireteam to wait 15-20minutes to search to fight another fireteam.I think its fine the way it is. I also hated the testing thing they did on warzone assault lowering the max party count to 6.
>
>
> Is that 6 man party thing still in play? That was a redundant move by 343.

I believe so as I dont’ see the reason they would remove the 6 limit

> 2533274843260367;17:
> > 2535408651840811;16:
> > > 2533274843260367;15:
> > > Population is small for them to do fireteams vs fireteams. Would be dumb as hell for a fireteam to wait 15-20minutes to search to fight another fireteam.I think its fine the way it is. I also hated the testing thing they did on warzone assault lowering the max party count to 6.
> >
> >
> > Is that 6 man party thing still in play? That was a redundant move by 343.
>
>
> I believe so as I dont’ see the reason they would remove the 6 limit

Due to low population they would remove the 6 man thing and it seems they have as i keep running into full teams as a solo searcher.

> 2533274846637118;2:
> 343 is too incompetent / failure of a gaming company to fix, don’t bother posting on forums as there will be no response to any of these threads

Well said

As someone else mentioned, the pop count is probably too low to support this. However I do agree that if we want things changed we should be shoving this stuff in 343’s face. Only reason stuff like infection and The Wasp were added was because we all complained about the lack of them so much.