stop making grizzlies, theyr bad

proof!

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwQDLRPlk54
>
> proof!

lol, don’t tell people this… super turtling vs forge is so fun…

> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwQDLRPlk54
> >
> > proof!
>
> lol, don’t tell people this… super turtling vs forge is so fun…

Turtling AS FORGE is even more fun.

> > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwQDLRPlk54
> > >
> > > proof!
> >
> > lol, don’t tell people this… super turtling vs forge is so fun…
>
> Turtling AS FORGE is even more fun.

lol. no

I never play forge, if i’m using UNSC i only ever use Anders or cutter. 2 reasons, First, Grizzlys suck as an upgrade for scorpions the scorpions can easily match them you might have to use some tactics but you can take them on quite nicely because the actual difference in fire power is only like 10-15% in favour of Grizzlys, Where as Hawx Vs hornets is pretty much a certain win for the Hawx if only for the simple fact that, although both have Chaff pods, Hawx don’t use missiles hornets do. Also Carpet bomb is pretty much useless against everything but Hogs and infantry. Mac’s or Cryo are a lot more useful

> I never play forge, if i’m using UNSC i only ever use Anders or cutter. 2 reasons, First, Grizzlys suck as an upgrade for scorpions the scorpions can easily match them you might have to use some tactics but you can take them on quite nicely because the actual difference in fire power is only like 10-15% in favour of Grizzlys, Where as Hawx Vs hornets is pretty much a certain win for the Hawx if only for the simple fact that, although both have Chaff pods, Hawx don’t use missiles hornets do. Also Carpet bomb is pretty much useless against everything but Hogs and infantry. Mac’s or Cryo are a lot more useful

There have been several posts on this site, as well as teh old halowars.com forums, discussing the difference between scorpions and grizzlies.

As far as all units statistics go (as seen in the halo wars unit spreadsheet, released by ensemble/robot) there is NO reason a grizzly should LOSE to a scorpion. In other words, grizzlies should be better.

Anyone who has palyed enough halo wars knows that scorpions are actaully better than grizzlies when fighting eachother. Many people, including myself, have discussed this over and over, and the only thing I feel make the difference between the two is their canister shell. The grizzly seems to spread out its damage with canister, while scorpions are more focused, so more of their damage hits the grizzlies in a scorpion vs grizzly fight.

I dont know if I am right, but I have though about this for hours, using all the resources I can. I personally think the fact taht an upgraded unit can lose to its former self is absolute crap. Forge has it kinda rough, considering his specail unit and unique unit are both crap. This is a broken part of the game.

> > I never play forge, if i’m using UNSC i only ever use Anders or cutter. 2 reasons, First, Grizzlys suck as an upgrade for scorpions the scorpions can easily match them you might have to use some tactics but you can take them on quite nicely because the actual difference in fire power is only like 10-15% in favour of Grizzlys, Where as Hawx Vs hornets is pretty much a certain win for the Hawx if only for the simple fact that, although both have Chaff pods, Hawx don’t use missiles hornets do. Also Carpet bomb is pretty much useless against everything but Hogs and infantry. Mac’s or Cryo are a lot more useful
>
> There have been several posts on this site, as well as teh old halowars.com forums, discussing the difference between scorpions and grizzlies.
>
> As far as all units statistics go (as seen in the halo wars unit spreadsheet, released by ensemble/robot) there is NO reason a grizzly should LOSE to a scorpion. In other words, grizzlies should be better.
>
> Anyone who has palyed enough halo wars knows that scorpions are actaully better than grizzlies when fighting eachother. Many people, including myself, have discussed this over and over, and the only thing I feel make the difference between the two is their canister shell. The grizzly seems to spread out its damage with canister, while scorpions are more focused, so more of their damage hits the grizzlies in a scorpion vs grizzly fight.
>
> I dont know if I am right, but I have though about this for hours, using all the resources I can. I personally think the fact taht an upgraded unit can lose to its former self is absolute crap. Forge has it kinda rough, considering his specail unit and unique unit are both crap. This is a broken part of the game.

And his Eco bonus isn’t all that useful, I often end up having gained more resources than A forge when playing either as Cutter or anders. I’m sorry but Half price & build time on pretty much all upgrades & the Extra 2 build slots on every base Come in way more useful. Also if you haven’t noticed the main gun of a Scorpion is a Large Cal cannon that that of the Grizzly, It’s just that grizzlys have 2 to the scorpions 1. But your right, According to the Unit stats the Grizzly should win every time, but it doesn’t. Which is why i like to play as anders and Combo Scorpions & Hawx

> > > I never play forge, if i’m using UNSC i only ever use Anders or cutter. 2 reasons, First, Grizzlys suck as an upgrade for scorpions the scorpions can easily match them you might have to use some tactics but you can take them on quite nicely because the actual difference in fire power is only like 10-15% in favour of Grizzlys, Where as Hawx Vs hornets is pretty much a certain win for the Hawx if only for the simple fact that, although both have Chaff pods, Hawx don’t use missiles hornets do. Also Carpet bomb is pretty much useless against everything but Hogs and infantry. Mac’s or Cryo are a lot more useful
> >
> > There have been several posts on this site, as well as teh old halowars.com forums, discussing the difference between scorpions and grizzlies.
> >
> > As far as all units statistics go (as seen in the halo wars unit spreadsheet, released by ensemble/robot) there is NO reason a grizzly should LOSE to a scorpion. In other words, grizzlies should be better.
> >
> > Anyone who has palyed enough halo wars knows that scorpions are actaully better than grizzlies when fighting eachother. Many people, including myself, have discussed this over and over, and the only thing I feel make the difference between the two is their canister shell. The grizzly seems to spread out its damage with canister, while scorpions are more focused, so more of their damage hits the grizzlies in a scorpion vs grizzly fight.
> >
> > I dont know if I am right, but I have though about this for hours, using all the resources I can. I personally think the fact taht an upgraded unit can lose to its former self is absolute crap. Forge has it kinda rough, considering his specail unit and unique unit are both crap. This is a broken part of the game.
>
> And his Eco bonus isn’t all that useful, I often end up having gained more resources than A forge when playing either as Cutter or anders. I’m sorry but Half price & build time on pretty much all upgrades & the Extra 2 build slots on every base Come in way more useful. Also if you haven’t noticed the main gun of a Scorpion is a Large Cal cannon that that of the Grizzly, It’s just that grizzlys have 2 to the scorpions 1. But your right, According to the Unit stats the Grizzly should win every time, but it doesn’t. Which is why i like to play as anders and Combo Scorpions & Hawx

forge is by far the best unsc leader for 3v3 party teams. you have just never experienced a high level game.

> And his Eco bonus isn’t all that useful, I often end up having gained more resources than A forge when playing either as Cutter or anders. I’m sorry but Half price & build time on pretty much all upgrades & the Extra 2 build slots on every base Come in way more useful. Also if you haven’t noticed the main gun of a Scorpion is a Large Cal cannon that that of the Grizzly, It’s just that grizzlys have 2 to the scorpions 1. But your right, According to the Unit stats the Grizzly should win every time, but it doesn’t. Which is why i like to play as anders and Combo Scorpions & Hawx

The eco bonus isnt bad, but it really only pays off mid-late game into the games, and as you said, by that time the other 2 unsc have had more tahn enough time to catch up. His pads take a large initial investment, more than 2x normal pads, so he cant warthogs rush as fast or effectively.

On certain maps, he is set back by his eco bonus. No matter what leader you are you want to get the extra pad hooks over the bridges on terminal moraine. As forge, you must build nothing supply pads (no warthogs) in order to keep your economy rolling early game, where as other leaders can build warthogs and gain map control while doing this. Forge has no units and is very vulnerable to early rushes because of this. He also cannot do the pelican trick the other two unsc can on this map.

Also his leader power sucks. Carpet bomb is good for weakening units, but not killing them, and it cant even hit air.

POOR FORGE.

I know, I Lol’d when some one tried to Carpet bomb my H.A.W.X I mean come on? he really tried that? Although saying that I once had a hunter squad which broke the rules and took down 3 banshee’s I was slightly I couldn’t believe my eyes when that happened it was a WTF? moment just goes to show how redundant Anti-Air would be if Anti-tank could shoot upwards lol.

Actaully, Anders did start out with half research time on everything, but it was changed in a patch because it is obviously way to strong of an economy bonus.

The correct economy bonus for Anders is 50% off price, 25% off time to research, with a special case on the Hawx upgrade, which is 25% off cost and time, and Crybomb, which also only gets 25% off its cost and time.

Anders also doesn’t get any bonus for upgrading bases.

> Anders also doesn’t get any bonus for upgrading bases.

Not sure what you mean by this.

Technically, no leader has a bonus for upgrading their base. Cutter has an advantage to building new bases, because instead of spending 400 on base upgrade for 2 more pads, you could build a new base for 500 and get 5.

stop playing halo wars, its bad

> stop playing halo wars, its bad

I appreciate the time you took to clearly define your opinion, with a plethora of facts to support it.

As far as all RTS goes (computer, board games, console), Halo Wars does need work. LOTS.

As far as console RTS goes, Halo Wars is UNDENIABLY king.

Forge is not that bad of a leader. One-dimensional, yes. But definitely not a horrible leader. Grizzlies are in my opinion better than Power Turret Scorpions. Rarely do I ever see them lose in a tank fight. Also, I have seen some Forge players get up Gauss Warthogs faster than some good Anders players. One does save resources from building Supply Pads as Forge. Sure 225 resources may seem steep in the beginning of the match, but compared to other UNSC leaders you are saving 100 resources per Supply Pad. It is not like one is going to upgrade their Supply Pads anyway with Cutter or Anders for the most part.

I will admit Forge’s Carpet Bomb is weak. One needs to upgrade it to the max for it to have any effect. I have to say that the MAC Blast and Cryo Bomb is much useful.

Yea Grizzlies are weak. When I use Hunters agains them, I spread the floor and win. I also have the POR in the back of the line dropping in Hunters, so they keep coming (I make 2+ halls)

What I usually do is Banshees… You can’t CS them… so it makes the Grizz, pretty much useless… just a suped up tank. Once they get beat back, they make Wolverines… but I’ve already switched to Hunters… because when you play forge, you force him to make wovlerines, then own him… and if he’s stuck on making tanks… then keep making air…

> Forge is not that bad of a leader. One-dimensional, yes. But definitely not a horrible leader. Grizzlies are in my opinion better than Power Turret Scorpions. Rarely do I ever see them lose in a tank fight. Also, I have seen some Forge players get up Gauss Warthogs faster than some good Anders players. One does save resources from building Supply Pads as Forge. Sure 225 resources may seem steep in the beginning of the match, but compared to other UNSC leaders you are saving 100 resources per Supply Pad. It is not like one is going to upgrade their Supply Pads anyway with Cutter or Anders for the most part.
>
> I will admit Forge’s Carpet Bomb is weak. One needs to upgrade it to the max for it to have any effect. I have to say that the MAC Blast and Cryo Bomb is much useful.

Grizzlies are not better than PT. Watch the video, the Grizzly only wins in 1v1, a situation that never happens that late into a game (late enough for players to have tech 4 upgrades).

Anders is the fastest/best gauss rusher.

The supply bad bonus for forge is a blessing and a curse. Forge spends 225, everyone else (not just UNSC) spends 100. Forge has to make up 125 minerals with an extra 1 mineral a sec, so it takes over 2 minutes to see that money returned, and for each additional supply pad, you add another :45-1:30 to make up this 125 mineral difference due to the diminished returns on supply pads.

> > Forge is not that bad of a leader. One-dimensional, yes. But definitely not a horrible leader. Grizzlies are in my opinion better than Power Turret Scorpions. Rarely do I ever see them lose in a tank fight. Also, I have seen some Forge players get up Gauss Warthogs faster than some good Anders players. One does save resources from building Supply Pads as Forge. Sure 225 resources may seem steep in the beginning of the match, but compared to other UNSC leaders you are saving 100 resources per Supply Pad. It is not like one is going to upgrade their Supply Pads anyway with Cutter or Anders for the most part.
> >
> > I will admit Forge’s Carpet Bomb is weak. One needs to upgrade it to the max for it to have any effect. I have to say that the MAC Blast and Cryo Bomb is much useful.
>
> Grizzlies are not better than PT. Watch the video, the Grizzly only wins in 1v1, a situation that never happens that late into a game (late enough for players to have tech 4 upgrades).
>
> Anders is the fastest/best gauss rusher.
>
> The supply bad bonus for forge is a blessing and a curse. Forge spends 225, everyone else (not just UNSC) spends 100. Forge has to make up 125 minerals with an extra 1 mineral a sec, so it takes over 2 minutes to see that money returned, and for each additional supply pad, you add another :45-1:30 to make up this 125 mineral difference due to the diminished returns on supply pads.

the video is made by someone who doesn’t seem to have a firm grasp of the game, watch his other videos if you don`t get what I mean. also, Spartan grizzlies beat power turret spartans.

This has been a known fact for a couple years.

Grizzlys are usually less reliable than PT. Why? Canister from PT > Grizzly.

In late game, tanks are usually against tanks. Its better the have PT vs Grizzly, ironically. I have seen people lose games they should have won by upgrading their tanks, spending 1800 for a weaker unit overall.

This further proves the point that ROBOT knew what they were doing. I use to think ROBOT was lame, that is until Waypoint proved time after time that they couldn’t do much good, besides leaderboard resets which were neat.