stop complaining about weapon damage etc

I played gears 3, they actually listened to their community and altered weapons for the forums, guess what? They ruined the game, stop complaining about weapons on this and just accept that they are what they are, that is all.

So you’re saying that Bungie’s system of listening to the community didnt work for all those years?

-Yoink-, please.

Last time I checked, this wasn’t GW3…

Gears is so dumb. I hope they increased the damage of the lancer because it was basically a pointless weapon to use.

“Shotguns” is what Gears multiplayer should be called.

> So you’re saying that Bungie’s system of listening to the community didnt work for all those years?
>
> -Yoink!-, please.

Because Bungie certainly launched a game post-CE with good weapon balance right? It worked, but it wasn’t perfect.

How would any of these suggestions not work? Weapons are obviously too weak (BR, Carbine) or too good (BS). The community just needs to agree on the exact nerfs or buffs, mainly for the precision rifles.

> So you’re saying that Bungie’s system of listening to the community didnt work for all those years?
>
> -Yoink!-, please.

Bungie never changed any weapon damage.
Remember all the complaints about the BR early in Halo 3. Finally Bungie said quit making threads, where not changing it.
thread

> I played gears 3, they actually listened to their community and altered weapons for the forums, guess what? They ruined the game, stop complaining about weapons on this and just accept that they are what they are, that is all.

They ruined the game themselves. They added overpowered weapons, nerfed weapons that didnt need it, then buffed weapons that were op. So be quiet.

> > So you’re saying that Bungie’s system of listening to the community didnt work for all those years?
> >
> > -Yoink!-, please.
>
> Bungie never changed any weapon damage.
> Remember all the complaints about the BR early in Halo 3. Finally Bungie said quit making threads, where not changing it.
> thread

People were complaining how it wasnt hitscan and stuff. It was made to be a more skillful weapon. If people wanted hitscan weapons, they would have gone to COD, although Halo 4 is also now a viable option.

> Gears is so dumb. I hope they increased the damage of the lancer because it was basically a pointless weapon to use.
>
> “Shotguns” is what Gears multiplayer should be called.

You’re bad. You can play the whole game just using the lancer and you will beast.

boltshot damage is op, it shouldn’t be a one shot kill

> > Gears is so dumb. I hope they increased the damage of the lancer because it was basically a pointless weapon to use.
> >
> > “Shotguns” is what Gears multiplayer should be called.
>
> You’re bad. You can play the whole game just using the lancer and you will beast.

I was actually pretty good at GoW3. You can’t deny that the Lancer takes an ungodly amount of bullets to kill someone and that the weapon used by 99% of the players is the shotgun.

How about no, because the game needs a lot of tweaking. Listening to the community is a good thing…

Obviously the OP does NOT know what she is talking about.

Are you joking?

Halo 2 got better and better with each Update. And it took Halo 3 about a year. But by the time TU2 came out it was finally a really great game.

Halo Reach was garbage before TU and Anniversary Classic.

Title Updates make games simply better. You want to know what made Gears of War suck? When they transferred all of their dedicated servers to the laggy ones they are on now, THAT made it suck.

I know where you are coming from, there have been a number of things nerfed in Halo as a result beta feedback that in my opinion made the game worse. Take the Focus Rifle and Plasma Launcher from Reach. In the Beta they were beast.

People claimed that the Focus Rifle was a skilless Sniper Rifle and should have a aim assist reduction, reduced damage coupled with a significant head shot bonus such that it could still kill very fast. What did we get, a damage reduction, which pleased no-one.

People claimed that the Plasma launcher was too dominant, had too much ammo and was too easy to get kills with because of the extreme amount of homing ability it had. So how did Bungie respond. They reduced its homing ability, reduced its projectile speeds, reduced explosive damage and they did this to such an extent that they made it practically worthless.

Other honourable mentions, The Halo 3 Trip mine. People were annoyed at how it was being used as a mini nuke instant kill grenade in the beta so asked for a time delay before it could detonate after being deployed and asked for the ability to deactivate and pick up deployed mines. Bungie removed the trip mines vehicle tagging ability, which was awesome by the way, massively decreased explosive damage to such an extent it couldn’t kill on its own and yes increased its delay.

The problem is Game devs can be too overzealous in nerfing weapons in response to feedback and actually not do what the community are asking for. I hope that doesn’t happen with Halo 4 but there are balancing issues that 343 should consider tweaking, but nothing too drastic.

> I played gears 3, they actually listened to their community and altered weapons for the forums, guess what? They ruined the game, stop complaining about weapons on this and just accept that they are what they are, that is all.

Was the game ruined because you actually found out that you wasn’t that good? And you don’t want the same thing to happen in Halo 4? Did you play BF3? If so, were you upset when the USAU-12 got nerfed? Do you feel that you’re a skilled player? Please explain.