Stop banning me for no reason

This has happened to me a lot since the December update. Here’s the situation I will be playing arena (has never happened in warzone) I will finish the match, I’m returned to the lobby when suddenly a red screen pops up saying I lost connection to the host and then I get banned from arena. The 1st couple times it happened it was a minor nuisance for like ten minutes I would play a match of war zone then back to arena, but it happened three times tonight within an hour or so and now I’m banned for three hours, that means I can’t play until tomorrow. Kinda sucks 343 I just wanna play the game but if this keeps up I will trade halo 5 back in for a game I can actually play. Please fix asap!!!

> 2533274952936773;1:
> This has happened to me a lot since the December update. Here’s the situation I will be playing arena (has never happened in warzone) I will finish the match, I’m returned to the lobby when suddenly a red screen pops up saying I lost connection to the host and then I get banned from arena. The 1st couple times it happened it was a minor nuisance for like ten minutes I would play a match of war zone then back to arena, but it happened three times tonight within an hour or so and now I’m banned for three hours, that means I can’t play until tomorrow. Kinda sucks 343 I just wanna play the game but if this keeps up I will trade halo 5 back in for a game I can actually play. Please fix asap!!!

Are you sure its not your end that is the problem?

> 2535409103705542;2:
> > 2533274952936773;1:
> > This has happened to me a lot since the December update. Here’s the situation I will be playing arena (has never happened in warzone) I will finish the match, I’m returned to the lobby when suddenly a red screen pops up saying I lost connection to the host and then I get banned from arena. The 1st couple times it happened it was a minor nuisance for like ten minutes I would play a match of war zone then back to arena, but it happened three times tonight within an hour or so and now I’m banned for three hours, that means I can’t play until tomorrow. Kinda sucks 343 I just wanna play the game but if this keeps up I will trade halo 5 back in for a game I can actually play. Please fix asap!!!
>
>
> Are you sure its not your end that is the problem?

Yea I contacted Xbox support they said all my internet settings look really good I have heard this happening to other players to I just wanted to make 343 aware I’m thinking that maybe part of the patch was stricter penalties for quitting and rightfully so it has been a problem but it sucks for ppl like me that get banned for no reason maybe a different system needs to be put in place like if you leave a match early it costs you 1000 req points or something that way they aren’t screwing over some of their fan base with unreasonable bans

Odd that you are only getting disconnected and DNF from games you were loosing badly. All but one in the first few pages of your record. It seems like you get that red screen when your team is not doing well. Like breakout when you were down 0-5 game crashed.
I would certainly mention that it only happens when loosing…
except once

> 2533274794255268;4:
> Odd that you are only getting disconnected and DNF from games you were loosing badly. All but one in the first few pages of your record. It seems like you get that red screen when your team is not doing well. Like breakout when you were down 0-5 game crashed.
> I would certainly mention that it only happens when loosing…
> except once

It’s not polite to accuse, the ONLY time I leave games is if I get an invite from a friend. Losing is part of the game and I can accept that, .it teaches you how to get better playing against good ppl, if I wanted to pub stomp all day I would play cod, and btw I was playing doubles with a friend a game we WON and it happened. Also after a game of breakout my team had also WON. You are being counter productive my friend, as I said it only happens after I’ve COMPLETED A MATCH AND IM BACK IN THE MATCHMAKING LOBBY. I am only trying to get the issue out there so it can be fixed. Please don’t make accusations like this when they’re unsubstantiated.

Have you tried investigation the network connection from your end?

No offense, but I work in IT and the network will get those hiccups here and there and it’s really no one else fault … it’s just those annoying thing.

Also keep in mind xbox live always has problems around Christmas. So if you start seeing issues or getting disconnected from H5, I would recommend playing something else.

When I jump into H5 and my req points don’t load or reqs don’t load. I just play a different game. It is xbox live for sure.

It happened to me one time at the end of a match i thought it was going to ban me but it didn’t.

> 2533274805919869;8:
> It happened to me one time at the end of a match i thought it was going to ban me but it didn’t.

You wont get banned unless you get a LOT of disconnects, DNF’s, or quit a lot. Or if you betray team mates, or go afk too much.

checked your history and in the last 10 games you have 4 DNFs…whether you are quitting on purpose or not you are leaving your game. It may not be your fault but you should still get banned until you fix your connection. what if you were on the other side and someone on your team quits, how would you feel? 343 not doing anything wrong by banning you

> 2533274952936773;5:
> > 2533274794255268;4:
> > Odd that you are only getting disconnected and DNF from games you were loosing badly. All but one in the first few pages of your record. It seems like you get that red screen when your team is not doing well. Like breakout when you were down 0-5 game crashed.
> > I would certainly mention that it only happens when loosing…
> > except once
>
>
> It’s not polite to accuse, the ONLY time I leave games is if I get an invite from a friend. Losing is part of the game and I can accept that, .it teaches you how to get better playing against good ppl, if I wanted to pub stomp all day I would play cod, and btw I was playing doubles with a friend a game we WON and it happened. Also after a game of breakout my team had also WON. You are being counter productive my friend, as I said it only happens after I’ve COMPLETED A MATCH AND IM BACK IN THE MATCHMAKING LOBBY. I am only trying to get the issue out there so it can be fixed. Please don’t make accusations like this when they’re unsubstantiated.

As in all of these threads your games are online for anyone to view. since i am bored i went back to 12/19 you DNF in 13 games. that is a ton. i have dropped out of a few in the past but 13 is insane. odd your friends are ALMOST only inviting you when you are not doing to well. so even if the issue you state is happening maybe its not counting against you. these 13 incidents are alone enough to get you a ban. maybe try stopping this
12/22 slayer Loss 24-40 DNF
12/22 FFA last place DNF
12/22 Swat WIN DNF (this was a close match) DNF
12/20 Breakout 5-2 lost DNF
12/20 breakout 5-0 lost DNF
12/20 slayer 30-15 loss DNF
12/20 Stronghold 100-1 loss DNF
12/19 FFA 5th place DNF
12/19 Slayer 38-27 loss DNF
12/19 46-27 loss DNF
12/19 CTF 3-2 WIN DNF
12/19 Stronghold 100-1 LOSS DNF
12/19 Slayer 50-28 Loss DNF

they do need to fix the ban hammer. accidental betrayals are not impossible to get (ie when trying to stick a plasma grenade to someone a team mate gets in the way, at least that keeps happening to me,) and i got banned from arena for accidentally getting a betrayal

> 2533274794255268;11:
> > 2533274952936773;5:
> > > 2533274794255268;4:
> > > Odd that you are only getting disconnected and DNF from games you were loosing badly. All but one in the first few pages of your record. It seems like you get that red screen when your team is not doing well. Like breakout when you were down 0-5 game crashed.
> > > I would certainly mention that it only happens when loosing…
> > > except once
> >
> >
> > It’s not polite to accuse, the ONLY time I leave games is if I get an invite from a friend. Losing is part of the game and I can accept that, .it teaches you how to get better playing against good ppl, if I wanted to pub stomp all day I would play cod, and btw I was playing doubles with a friend a game we WON and it happened. Also after a game of breakout my team had also WON. You are being counter productive my friend, as I said it only happens after I’ve COMPLETED A MATCH AND IM BACK IN THE MATCHMAKING LOBBY. I am only trying to get the issue out there so it can be fixed. Please don’t make accusations like this when they’re unsubstantiated.
>
>
> As in all of these threads your games are online for anyone to view. since i am bored i went back to 12/19 you DNF in 13 games. that is a ton. i have dropped out of a few in the past but 13 is insane. odd your friends are ALMOST only inviting you when you are not doing to well. so even if the issue you state is happening maybe its not counting against you. these 13 incidents are alone enough to get you a ban. maybe try stopping this
> 12/22 slayer Loss 24-40 DNF
> 12/22 FFA last place DNF
> 12/22 Swat WIN DNF (this was a close match) DNF
> 12/20 Breakout 5-2 lost DNF
> 12/20 breakout 5-0 lost DNF
> 12/20 slayer 30-15 loss DNF
> 12/20 Stronghold 100-1 loss DNF
> 12/19 FFA 5th place DNF
> 12/19 Slayer 38-27 loss DNF
> 12/19 46-27 loss DNF
> 12/19 CTF 3-2 WIN DNF
> 12/19 Stronghold 100-1 LOSS DNF
> 12/19 Slayer 50-28 Loss DNF

Damn, that’s a lot of quits/disconnects.

> 2533275028053877;12:
> they do need to fix the ban hammer. accidental betrayals are not impossible to get (ie when trying to stick a plasma grenade to someone a team mate gets in the way, at least that keeps happening to me,) and i got banned from arena for accidentally getting a betrayal

They do not ban you for just 1 or 2 accidental betrayals. The bans happen after an accumulation of DNF’s, quitting, betrayal, afk, or disconnects.

EDIT: As predicted, I went to your stats and between Warzone and Arena you have well over 20 DNF’s.

> 2533275028053877;12:
> they do need to fix the ban hammer. accidental betrayals are not impossible to get (ie when trying to stick a plasma grenade to someone a team mate gets in the way, at least that keeps happening to me,) and i got banned from arena for accidentally getting a betrayal

yeah i agree with this. it would be interesting to see how they decide who gets the BOOT option. i was in a game and my teammate did not like the fact that i picked up the sniper. so he ground pounded me. no option to boot. i re spawned, got him back, and was immediately kicked and got a 7 minute ban lol. also have been betrayed 3 or 4 times for the binary and have only gotten 1 option to boot.
they should be able to tell if an enemy was close somehow. or if you get betrayed in the first 30 seconds clearly something is wrong.

> 2533274794255268;15:
> > 2533275028053877;12:
> > they do need to fix the ban hammer. accidental betrayals are not impossible to get (ie when trying to stick a plasma grenade to someone a team mate gets in the way, at least that keeps happening to me,) and i got banned from arena for accidentally getting a betrayal
>
>
> yeah i agree with this. it would be interesting to see how they decide who gets the BOOT option. i was in a game and my teammate did not like the fact that i picked up the sniper. so he ground pounded me. no option to boot. i re spawned, got him back, and was immediately kicked and got a 7 minute ban lol. also have been betrayed 3 or 4 times for the binary and have only gotten 1 option to boot.
> they should be able to tell if an enemy was close somehow. or if you get betrayed in the first 30 seconds clearly something is wrong.

I just checked his stats and he has well over 20 DNF’s between Warzone and Arena within several days. Not including the betrayals he says keeps happening. The people being banned, deserve the ban. Not one single person that has posted yet, has not deserved the ban.

I do agree that if a team mate gets betrayed in the first few seconds, a boot option should come up for sure.

You have 4 DNFs in 11 games. If that is due to your connection you should not be playing MP at all. Get it fixed. I some how have a hard time believing its connection issues. STOP QUITTING!

> 2787272447958470;16:
> > 2533274794255268;15:
> > > 2533275028053877;12:
> > > they do need to fix the ban hammer. accidental betrayals are not impossible to get (ie when trying to stick a plasma grenade to someone a team mate gets in the way, at least that keeps happening to me,) and i got banned from arena for accidentally getting a betrayal
> >
> >
> > yeah i agree with this. it would be interesting to see how they decide who gets the BOOT option. i was in a game and my teammate did not like the fact that i picked up the sniper. so he ground pounded me. no option to boot. i re spawned, got him back, and was immediately kicked and got a 7 minute ban lol. also have been betrayed 3 or 4 times for the binary and have only gotten 1 option to boot.
> > they should be able to tell if an enemy was close somehow. or if you get betrayed in the first 30 seconds clearly something is wrong.
>
>
> I just checked his stats and he has well over 20 DNF’s between Warzone and Arena within several days. Not including the betrayals he says keeps happening. The people being banned, deserve the ban. Not one single person that has posted yet, has not deserved the ban.

oh wow, yeah i wasn’t really defending him. just kind of brought up my though on my odd ban after my betrayal boot. i am sure he deserved it. and i am sure i did to for getting kicked. my 7 minutes was well spent in a game of warzone lol. just wonder how it all works, i mean there was a guy on here last week that dropped out of like 350 games in 3 weeks and only just started getting bans.

aaaand another quitter complaining

wtf is wrong with you?

i had quit some matches myself when halo5 came out

but now i just stay for rp and i really don’tcare about my k/d because a k/d says nothing about how good a player is same for ranking btw

just stay in the -Yoinking!- game and have fun#) run away, hide, do something fun or even try to beat em cause when you play 2vs4 and you loose 47/50 well it may not count as a win but you -Yoinking!- destroyed em#) it’s really not that hard not to get banned

cheers

Omg nobody seems to be getting this, after the match is finished and I’m back in the lobby I get a disconnect message and a ban, even if I was disconnecting on purpose it shouldn’t matter the match is over, Jesus Christ can people read you said I have a lot of dnfs well no -Yoink- that’s what the issue is as I rarely leave matches if I was then I deserve the ban but I’m getting banned after completing matches maybe I need to get my elgato back out and record what’s happening I’m not lying, I was playing ffa last night a friend invited me I left we played 1 match of doubles that we won when I was returned to the lobby after the match I received a ban, we played war zone and went back to arena where it happened twice more the last time was for 3 hours so I shut the game off and called Xbox support thinking my connection was bad they told me everything looks fine so yes I had 4 dnfs in 11 games but three of them were in the lobby after a match I had finished I also stated this has been going on awhile it is a problem and needs to be fixed maybe the issue is on my end Xbox support is not always 100% correct but I’m looking for constructive answers not accusations and if the issue is not on my end it needs to be addressed also the guy at Xbox support told me he had others call about the same issue, also there are YouTube videos of this happening to people I’m not the only one