Stop asking to cancel last gen!

Its unfair for those of is who can’t or don’t want to get an X. Infinite was announced when Xbox One was the only thing. It should remain that way for THIS game. All the FOLLOWING games can be for the X, but I really want my last Halo game to be on One so I can play it properly. Otherwise I can’t play it.

I agree though I am thinking about getting a Series X around Infinite’s release I don’t think that the Xbox one version should be canceled. Though eventually if the 10 year plan goes through some of the DLC will probably not come to Xbox one.

I think people are skeptical of Xbox One running the game properly and not holding back the next gen version as a response for the Cyberpunk 2077 debacle. Yes, the fat XBO hardware is old and underpowered, but the reason why C77 was that bad was terrible management. The XBO runs GTA V fine, it should be able to run C77 better than it currently does, since GTA is another open world game in a densely populated world, but happens to have better physics and AI. And I’m sure that 343 can do a better optimisation job than CDPR possibly could, being an in-house studio with years of experience with the Xbox One. Even if that means cutting some features, like ditching the day-night cycle or settling for 30 fps in the campaign with lower res textures, more pop in… essentially a worse version than the one they showed in the July trailer – but I’d take that over the game being outright canceled.

However, we cannot realistically expect that the Xbox One version will be supported as a live service for ten years. Maybe a couple of years to give fans some time to update.

I’m just nervous that the One won’t survive an additional 10 years of updates.

> 2535420667885857;1:
> Its unfair for those of is who can’t or don’t want to get an X. Infinite was announced when Xbox One was the only thing. It should remain that way for THIS game. All the FOLLOWING games can be for the X, but I really want my last Halo game to be on One so I can play it properly. Otherwise I can’t play it.

The One came out in 2013 - 7 years ago, and it was already underpowered when it launched. And infinite is supposed to be a 10 year game, meaning the OG Xbox one would be 17 years old by the end of infinite’s life cycle. Sorry, but that isn’t realistic. Infinite should not be a cross gen game. Cyberpunk is a perfect example of why.

Active thread: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/29568daf8cd14083bd1b70a810bf3581/topics/do-you-think-halo-infinite-should-skip-last-gen/4c846f22-6ded-42c4-a2b2-2b47252fb225/posts

Please keep conversation there gamers.